PDA

View Full Version : Need a new video game to start playing

DeezNuts
01-18-2005, 04:30 PM
Been looking for a new video game(PC) now to fill up the occasional hours that I play. I am finally sick of Warcraft 3(fan of the map setting games), and do not really like first-person shooters all that much(Halo/CS/etc). I also tried out World of Warcraft, but I have never spent so much time just running around in a video game, it was driving me insane, who has that kind of time?(not a big RPG fan).

I don't really play all that much(couple hours a month), but once in a while it's nice to relax and play a fun, strategic, not-too-stressful PC game(like Starcraft/Warcraft). The game also MUST have online capabilities with a decent amount of people still playing it online. I just don't have any that I really play currently. Does anyone have any suggestions, I realize that the parameters are a bit narrow. Thanks.

DN

lucas9000
01-18-2005, 04:32 PM
"5 year-old deathmatch rumble 2005," new from konami.

Mano
01-18-2005, 04:37 PM
Half Life 2 is cool if you don't mind a shooter.

For a Warcraft type of game, you might want to try Rise of Nations or Rome: Total War.

ArchAngel71857
01-18-2005, 04:54 PM
Age of Mythology is along the same lines as Starcraft Warcraft. DOn't know much about the online capabilities.

You could try Diablo II.

Again, another great game strategy wise is Sims 2, SimCity 4, and Civilization III. But i don't know about online play.

-AA

DangerGoodson
01-18-2005, 05:00 PM
The Age of Empires 2 Series is older but awesome.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-18-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Age of Empires 2 Series is older but awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. I still play this from time to time.

DeezNuts
01-18-2005, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.

To clarify, it doesn't need to be a game like Starcraft/Warcraft exactly, it just can't be a FPS or RPG or MMRPG(or whatever the acronym is) and HAS TO have online play(I get quickly bored playing vs. computers). Multiplayer is a HUGE plus as well. Things like online Risk, chess are good too, but I've played those a bit already. Just looking for something new to play on my computer.

I've tried the Sims Online. Terrible game. Are any of the other Sims games online and any better?

DN

Popinjay
01-18-2005, 06:14 PM
You might wanna try playing scrabble online, it's suprisingly entertaining. Plus you learn all sorts of new words to woo the ladies with.

Internet Scrabble (http://www.isc.ro)

astroglide
01-18-2005, 07:40 PM
it's not online but PIRATES looks extremely good (gf plays the hell out of it)

stabn
01-18-2005, 07:48 PM
Age of mythology? Or just wait for Age of Empries III, which is coming out this fall.

DangerGoodson
01-18-2005, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Age of mythology? Or just wait for Age of Empries III, which is coming out this fall.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you know the time period/setting for this game?

DangerGoodson
01-18-2005, 08:07 PM
AOE III