PDA

View Full Version : 99 SB

fyodor
01-18-2005, 04:28 PM
12th hand at this table. Everyone is new to me. In the few hands I have seen, they all seem loose preflop but ready to fold post flop. I have already won 3 pots without showing down.

Anyone 3 bet preflop here? With the early raiser and 1 cold caller, I like just calling in the SB.

I love the flop and decide checkraise is the way to go. When it comes back 2 bets already I have to think. I can't believe mucking is right, although the raiser might have a bigger pp. He could just as easily have A6, A5, A4 or A3. 3 bet has got to be the way to go. Anyone do any different? Calling has got to be as bad as mucking I think.

Unless he has A5 I have to love that turn. Now he not only has to worry that I'm some kind of maniac who has played 42 out of the SB, but 56 as well.

Anyone not value bet the river? I think he only bets a better hand than mine, and as I have to call, it seems silly to check.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP folds, CO calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (9.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

DrGutshot
01-18-2005, 04:40 PM
perfect preflop
perfect flop
perfect turn
I am conflicted about the river bet. I think he would check behind TT/JJ. You certainly aren't folding a better hand, so you have to have him beat. The only hands i see you beating are 77/88, AK (which usually wont pay you off). I think I prefer check/calling. If you miss a bet, no big deal. It would be an extremely thin value bet that can get you into some bad spots.

I would HATE to be raised there.

-DrG

Rubeskies
01-18-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
12th hand at this table.

I think he only bets a better hand than mine, and as I have to call, it seems silly to check.

[/ QUOTE ]

These two statements are contradictory. I don't think 12 hands is enough to really know if he'll only bet a better hand. The queen apears to be a scare card as it is an overcard to the board, he's representing overcards, and if you check, showing weakness, you may induce a bluff a decent number of times.

Like the above poster said, you'd hate to be raised.

With that being said, I still think it's really close. I just wanted to clarify some reasoning.

naphand
01-18-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
perfect preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it perfect?

DrGutshot
01-18-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
perfect preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it perfect?

[/ QUOTE ]

3betting, while you may get some value out of it, sets you up for absolute chaos postflop in a situation where it can be extremely difficult to play profitably.

flatcalling lets you c/r the preflop raiser on a favorable flop, getting the hand heads up, or close to it.

-DrG

ggbman
01-18-2005, 06:44 PM
I think your line in this hand was just fine. I will say that i almost always 3 bet with 99 because on that flop, let's say one of your opponents holds AJ and the other KQ. You want to show strength so you can chase out hands on a favorable flop, by 3 bettering you get hands like KQ, KJ, A-10 to flop the flop, and you will win a higher percentage of the time. That said, i think your line was fine. Seems like he has A-6.

fyodor
01-18-2005, 09:41 PM
Ambiguous English on my part. I didn't mean this particular player only bets a better hand, I meant in general, giving the previous action, if I check, whoever is sitting in that seat will likely check behind unless they have me beat.

fyodor
01-18-2005, 09:43 PM
I know there are players here who like to 3 bet preflop in these situations. I've wondered why.

fyodor
01-18-2005, 09:46 PM
I bet the river because I thought he might have just 2 overcards, which likely would just check behind, but might call the river hoping I was betting a 4 the entire way.

He folded.