PDA

View Full Version : 80-160 Bay 101

esspo
01-18-2005, 03:51 PM
These hands came up when it's 4 or 5 handed in the wee hours after we have reached the point in the session where we are a pretty intimate group.

Villian is a tough/tricky player who I have played a lot against recently. Two days previous to this session we spent a couple of hours playing heads up at the must move $40-80 table where I had a pretty significant win. One particular hand I gave him a monstrous beat on the river after several bets went in on the turn when we both had two pair which he handled very well, so he is in control of himself and his emotions. His one major weakness is that he tends to bluff raise the turn a bit too much. In any event, if we are involved in a hand and I am the pre-flop raiser about 85% of the time he is going to put me to a decision. He is either going to lead at me or check raise at some point. The betting sequence is not going to go bet-check-call on all streets.

Hand 1

Folded to me on the button, I raise with QJo. Only villain calls in the BB.

Flop: Qxx two hearts. Check-bet-call.

Turn: Q of hearts. check-bet-raise-reraise-call.

River: x. check-bet-call.

Hand 2

One limper to villian who raises, button folds, I reraise from the SB with JJ, BB, limper and villian all call.

Flop: Axx two diamonds. I check, BB and limper both check, villian bets, I checkraise, we lose BB and limper, villain calls.

Turn: x. I bet-villain raises-I muck.

J.A.Sucker
01-18-2005, 06:04 PM
Hand 1, whatever. I suspect that you were beaten, though, but I can't fault you for putting in this action when the game is short.

Hand 2, I think you played terribly. I guess you accomplished your mission of getting the pot headsup, but nobody believes that you are on a flush draw, since you raised out hte field. You are just setting yourself up for a raise on the turn, which you laid down to. If you want to see the hand out, then check call on the turn and river. Consider betting a fourth diamond if it comes off.

esspo
01-18-2005, 06:32 PM
Hand 1. I felt very strongly that I had the best hand.

Hand 2. You are right. I felt like I played it terribly at the time. I think I should have check called the turn, because he would often bluff there and he is so prone to raise the turn, and make a decision if he bet on the river.

Chris Daddy Cool
01-18-2005, 06:55 PM
hand 1 looks good

hand 2, if you said the dude is tricky you're setting yourself up to get raised by him. position blah blah blah.

esspo
01-18-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
position blah blah blah.

[/ QUOTE ]

Priceless.