PDA

View Full Version : My last hand in a tournament yesterday

Komodo
01-18-2005, 03:17 PM
First some hand and tournament info. 4000 player in a 200$freroll and 2000 remain.
We start with 1000$ in poker chips and I had doubled that to about 2000$. Dont remember the blinds, but probably 30/60 or so.
I got pocket 5s and called. Almost everyone called and the flop showed 5(in diamonds) and 6 and 9 of spades.
This is a great flop for me, but also very dangerous, since I migth face a straigth, flush or anyone slowplaying a big pocket pair, hoping to get three of the kind next turn, so I didnt want to check or make just a small bet. I bet 800 with the idea of forcing everyone to fold.
Everyone folded except a mad maniac who instead raised to 1500. I put him on 2 spades,which turned out to be correct. Unfortunately my strategy didnt work out so well when he hit a spade on the river, knocking me out.
Any comments are welcome

schwza
01-18-2005, 03:24 PM
had set, got money in. good result. bummer it didn't work out.

etgryphon
01-18-2005, 03:25 PM
The only thing that I can say is you should only put 2/3 of the pot in on the flop to make drawing incorrect. You need to decide what would happen if he raised you. There is a couple of draws on the board. You got in with the best of it and you got hit by one of the 9 cards that can beat you. That's poker...

Any other comments you want?

-Gryph

MLG
01-18-2005, 03:26 PM
bet less on the flop. cards happen.