PDA

View Full Version : knicks -300 at bulls?

11-03-2001, 04:02 PM
they should be around -500 maybe -600. this is a good bet. the only decent nba bet today.

11-03-2001, 04:44 PM
With both teams having played the night before, I find it difficult to guage what the effort will be like.. As a general rule of thumb, I never bet on a team that played the night before..(Occassionally make exceptions)... Agree that the line looks pretty good though, I don't know if it should be -600, but maybe -400, or -450...

11-03-2001, 05:35 PM
"I never bet on a team that played the night before"

youre missing out on a lot of good bets probably.

early nba predictions:

--the bulls could be headed for a single digit win season. something like 8-74 would not shock me. who knows, maybe they can eek out something like 11-12 games. almost any team at -300 against them is a bet worth looking at. soon every single team that plays them will be -1000 and it wont matter.

--lakers could already be started on a 10-15 game winning streak to open the season. anyone else make thousands riding those 20+ games streaks they had two seasons ago?

11-03-2001, 06:44 PM
I agree that the Lakers are going to be good early this year..

Let me try and expand on my above thinking, and let me know if you agree or disagree..

When I said I occassionaly bet on teams that played the night before, the Lakers are the type of team that I would do it on.. Typically, the Knicks are not.. Not this years team anyways..

Having said that, I realize that Chicago also played the night before, and this certainly levels the playing field in terms of fatigue.. I think that this is a very important factor that is often overlooked in regular season NBA..

Also, this strategy, for me, becomes more relevant as the season wears on.. Perhaps now, I would agree that it is not as big a factor, however as the All-Star break approaches, I often greatly take into account a teams fatigue on a day to day basis..

Aside on Knicks this year:

The Knicks are going to get killed by teams with strong rebounding, and a strong post game, unless Houston can shoot the ball with a high percentage every night.. Chicago clearly does not fit this description, nor do the Wizards (whom the Knicks played in the opener) so I would expect the Knicks weaknesses not to be exposed..

11-03-2001, 07:46 PM
If you think this, I would say you are better off betting the spread. A team that has questionable offense isn't the type of team to lay big numbers with, after all if their main guy is off they can be vulnerable. I don't think the Knicks are reliable enough to lay odds on this early in the year. As for the -300 price, that is the standard price for a 8 point favorite so nothing out of the ordinary with these odds.