PDA

View Full Version : QQ bb party 15

PittRounder
01-18-2005, 02:15 PM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $15. MP3 posts a blind of $15.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 (poster) checks, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (7.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds.

River: (11.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

How awful was this line? Obviously missed the cr on the flop. This was my first hand and had no reads on individual players. I know I really jacked this one up, but I'm curious as to how most of you would have played it.

AviD
01-18-2005, 02:18 PM
Wow...raise PF with two posters with QQ and check THAT flop? Cardinal sin of poker...and you reaped what you sowed when the A fell on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
How awful was this line?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty damn bad.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious as to how most of you would have played it

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet the flop

PittRounder
01-18-2005, 02:31 PM
I usually bet these flops automatically but with the 7 way action, I'm probably not getting A high hands to fold for 1 bet, and this is party 15, I'd say that a flop bet happens with 7 way action the vast majority of the time.

krishanleong
01-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Flop bets may happen the majority of the time but this flop is very uncoordinated. You stood a chance of thinning the ranks here on the flop. Bet the flop.

Krishan

AviD
01-18-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually bet these flops automatically but with the 7 way action, I'm probably not getting A high hands to fold for 1 bet, and this is party 15, I'd say that a flop bet happens with 7 way action the vast majority of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it worse to...

1)Bet the flop and have everyone call 1 bet
2)Bet the flop and have some players fold
3)Check the flop and give anyone with a naked Ace a free look at the turn when you have the best hand?

This is obvious.

Secondly, what does your check-raise accomplish if the player after you suddenly bets his top pair no kicker hand and everyone calls after it?

There is no need to check raise this board, and you have a very vulnerable hand to overcards (especially with posters who will indeed call with any Ace and likely any K). Simply make them pay to draw out, and often times...players will fold a single overcard to that flop bet.

PittRounder
01-18-2005, 02:49 PM
you're right, I suppose I was just looking for some justification for my play. If the guy right after me bet, I was planning on calling and betting a safe turn into him.

ggbman
01-18-2005, 03:13 PM
You have no reason to think think this board with anyone, so i don't like checking here. You really want to drop as many people as possible on the flop here.

Fianchetto
01-18-2005, 03:17 PM
Just to repeat:

Bet the flop.

Hopefully someone behind you has a 9 and will raise helping you thin the field.

Don't give them a free look to beat you.

Turning Stone Pro
01-18-2005, 04:13 PM
Because of the abnormal amount of aces that fall on the turn in the PP 15 game, as I have explained in previous posts, this is a must-bet on the flop.

Were it not for the ace adjustment that you must account for, I would check-raise the flop, also. But, in that you have to do everything possible to get the aces out prior to the turn, I would lead out and hope for the best.

TSP

man
01-18-2005, 04:23 PM
Betting the flop is clearly the best move, but the checkraise plan might not have been so bad. I can't see many people sticking around for the turn with this board, so I don't think you have to worry about too many callers.

What I'm confused about is why you called the turn bet. That's just irrational.

roy_miami
01-18-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the button is much less likely to do the ole' automatic bet when checked to here because the BB raised preflop and it looks suspicious. If your gonna raise from the BB man up and bet out on the flop. Also, weak aces may fold on the flop for fear of being dominated.

PittRounder
01-18-2005, 11:51 PM
I called the turn, because although the worst card peeled off, it was checked to the button who bet. I realize my chances of being ahead are slim, but I felt that those chances along with my 2 outer if behind justified a call. When it was overcalled I almost had to be behind to the caller, so I mucked the river.