PDA

View Full Version : The crew is disbanding, my dream is gone.

TheJackal
01-18-2005, 12:13 PM
Well Brett Jungblut and Dutch Boyd had a falling out over Dutch screwing Brett over on rakefree.com. So this may be the end of the crew. My only goal since last year's WSOP was to be a part of the crew and now I cannot call myself one of them ever. I have no more ambitions as a poker player. This is a sad day for poker. /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

RBT
01-18-2005, 12:18 PM
My question: How do you get screwed over in something that isn't even up and running? Or am I missing something?

snowlarbear
01-18-2005, 12:25 PM
i guess they will not be "taking over the poker world", as originally believed.

toots
01-18-2005, 12:27 PM
Does this mean they have to use the sidewalk now?

PoBoy321
01-18-2005, 12:29 PM
There were a couple of posts on this. Supposedly, Dutch and Gank were working on rakefree.com. Dutch then went behind Gank's back and developed zerorake.com and Gank was not included, although he indirectly helped with the development (both sites had the same concept, pay a monthly fee rather than rake hands).

I just hope Scott and those 3 guys you never hear about are OK.

RBT
01-18-2005, 12:46 PM
OK, I just read Gank's take on it. Thanks.

jeffraider
01-18-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK, I just read Gank's take on it. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link?

EDIT: Found!

http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&selm=1105774821%24391681%40recpok er.com

Wayfare
01-18-2005, 03:00 PM
Can Dutch Boyd really become more disreputable?

I wish espn would say something on its broadcasts to let everyone know the situation. I can't stand it when sleazebags (usually due to charisma / good looks) get such positive publicity when they doing everything to deserve just the opposite.

tek
01-18-2005, 06:00 PM
I'm surprised Boyd doesn't play 4k/8k. He has a 140 IQ, right? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Autocratic
01-18-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised Boyd doesn't play 4k/8k. He has a 140 IQ, right? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely higher than that. He graduated high school at like...12?

Tevyee
01-18-2005, 07:12 PM
Wow, Dutch Boyd seems like a real scumbag if everything i have so far read is true.

TheCroShow
01-18-2005, 07:29 PM
that's a shame! in a situation like that though, it's just a matter of time before one guy screws over another and takes down the entire team. hope you guys stick with it.

tek
01-18-2005, 07:54 PM
I guess I was too subtle. I was implying that despite his IQ, the "lights are on but nobody is home".

ed8383
01-18-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My only goal since last year's WSOP was to be a part of the crew and now I cannot call myself one of them ever. I have no more ambitions as a poker player. This is a sad day for poker. /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
How old are you again? 15??

TimTimSalabim
01-18-2005, 08:38 PM
I may be way off here, but I think there was some sarcasm in the original post. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gallopin Gael
01-18-2005, 08:46 PM
That's a big problem with the internet...the sarcasm gets lost in the typing. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

whiskeytown
01-18-2005, 09:28 PM
oh yah....well you can join my crew.

I'm gonna start my own club - with blackjack and hookers. - In fact, forget the club!

RB

TheJackal
01-18-2005, 10:06 PM
Yeah I was being sarcastic, the crew is a joke in my view.

freemont
01-19-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna start my own club - with blackjack and hookers. - In fact, forget the club!

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice little Futurama reference...

jojobinks
01-19-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the crew? a joke? come on, dude. didn't you see when scott fischman told doyle he was so easy to read? or when they said they were taking over the poker world? or when the shocked the world with their slow-mo stroll down the street?

dude, wake up man, these guys are the real deal.

JoeC
01-19-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
didn't you see when scott fischman told doyle he was so easy to read?

[/ QUOTE ]

It pisses me off that Scott Fischman still exists.

toots
01-19-2005, 05:29 PM
You know, you guys sure do spend a lot of time worrying about/complaining about/talking about/thinking about a bunch of worthless twits who ESPN gave 15 minutes to.

Who's the real problem here? The Crew, or all you wannabes who got nothing better to do than talk about them?

JoeC
01-20-2005, 01:35 AM
Anyone who goes on ESPN and acts like an ass is going to get ripped on... this is an inevitability.

I wrote one sentence about Scott Fischman. If this makes me a loser, so be it, but there sure are an awful lot of losers out there then.

goldseraph
01-20-2005, 01:51 AM
Say what you want about Scott, but he has won a WSOP bracelet or two, gotten to play against Doyle and many other great players live. How many of us can claim the same? Sure he may be a douche but he's accomplished more than many poker players ever will.

The Truth
01-20-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice little Futurama reference...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.. I was like "is this guy channeling Bender or something?"

The Truth
01-20-2005, 02:03 AM
Scott is good. You cant deny that.
Not great, but he could be one day.

whiskeytown
01-20-2005, 02:11 AM
if they allowed sig's, it would be my sig. but the damned affillate programs screwed that up for all of us...

it's still my email sig.

RB

JoeC
01-20-2005, 02:27 AM
Yes, I'll admit this much is true. He sure is a douche, but to win 2 WSOP bracelets in one year I'm sure he's a much better poker player than I am. I can't deny that.

tek
01-20-2005, 07:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the crew? a joke? come on, dude. didn't you see when scott fischman told doyle he was so easy to read? or when they said they were taking over the poker world? or when the shocked the world with their slow-mo stroll down the street?

dude, wake up man, these guys are the real deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad they are disbanding. They have no class and are a detriment to the recent few years attempt to legitimize and clean up the image of poker. They are poor role models.

I don't remember Brunson, Pearson or Slim strolling down the street saying they are taking over the poker world. They did what they did with no big talk.

Newer guys like Barry Greenstein, Dan Negraneau, Gus Hansen, Dan Harrington, Howard Lederer, Annie, Jennifer, Chris Moneymaker, etc are also good role models.

Good riddance to the crew.

Woody09
01-20-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does this mean they have to use the sidewalk now?

[/ QUOTE ]
that is great