PDA

View Full Version : K8s in the BB

Enon
01-18-2005, 06:49 AM
Button - VP$IP 24%, PFR 13%, AtSb 35%, AF 1.5
SB - VP$IP 52%, PFR 18%, AF - 1.9

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Enon is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Enon calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Enon raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button hesitates for about 2 seconds and 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Enon folds, Button calls.

Suppose I don't fold the flop, the turn is 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and the SB bets again.

Apocalypse
01-18-2005, 06:58 AM
im not folding this when the pot is laying me 8:1 and i have toppair/good kicker and a spade on the flop. My reads would be decisive for my turnaction here since against most players you can safely assume you are behind and fold to a turn bet if no 8, king, or spade hits the turn...

Nate tha' Great
01-18-2005, 07:39 AM
Yeah, what Apocalypse said.

Your outs should be quite clean here, and you're getting plenty enough to call on that basis alone.

Personally, I think it's considerably +EV to play on in many sequences in which you don't improve - remember, this is a blind stealing situation, and the SB is a LAG - but once the first part of the problem is solved, the rest is gravy.

DeeJ
01-18-2005, 07:41 AM
I wonder whether calling might be right on the flop, passive to the aggressive opponents. You have a good but not an excellent hand which is probably worth seeing the turn with. If Button has a King with T/J/Q/A you have him reverse dominated .. but I suck at blinds play.

If the 4 is the turn, it depends whether SB is loose-terrible or just loose. If it is the former, call, latter, fold.

Enon
01-18-2005, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the obvious answer on the flop call guys.

It's a testament to the softness of online poker (as well as short term variance) that a mediocre player like me was actually able to make good money in this game for a while.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero folds, Button calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (10 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Results below:
Button has 7c 5c (one pair, fours).
SB has 3s 5s (one pair, fours).
Outcome: Button wins 12 BB.

sthief09
01-18-2005, 08:16 AM
wait... the button bet with 7 high and won at showdown. that's the best value bet I've ever seen

TStoneMBD
01-18-2005, 08:20 AM
omg what a table

Enon
01-18-2005, 09:31 PM
NM

DcifrThs
01-18-2005, 10:04 PM
saw this post with the title "bump for value bet w/ 7 high or something" ... guess thats explained in the rest of the posts but i think i get the jist so i'll try to post not biased.

8 high flop, 2nd best kicker button raise in supper agro party game...wtf are you folding the flop for enon? you are almost certainly ahead as any 8 woulld play that way and there are straight draws on the board.

assuming you call and the sb bets the turn i call and fold to a raise from the button and a 3bet from the sb but otherwise im likely seeing a showdown...just get there, top pair on the flop with those stats and only you 3 in there in the notoriously aggressive party 15...showdown ho!

now lets see if your post title is deceptive or if there really was a "7high value bet" ...

-Barron

DcifrThs
01-18-2005, 10:08 PM
enon,

i dont think you're mediocre...unless you're comparing yourself to the best in which case i am mediocre also...in fact, in that comparison i suck lol...but you are too hard on yourself and tend to give up a little too easily post flop. see clark about never folding post flop /images/graemlins/wink.gif in good games...

that is the most hilarious result i've seen in a long time...REDICULOUS!!!!!!!!

-Barron