PDA

View Full Version : Stars Rebuy Hand....

SGS
01-18-2005, 04:04 AM
So I am in the stars rebuy tonight and this hand comes up. It is the first level after the break so I think the blinds are at 75/150. I am in the SB w/ AKdd and have 11k in chips. There is an MP open-raiser who has about 23k in chips. He makes it 1500 to go. He hasn't done anything like this w/ regards to overbetting thus far. For bets like this it seems to me like it is usually a pocket par between 55-jj. I figure I could probably get him to lay down some pairs between 55 and 88 with my stack size if I push. So I go ahead and push. Thoughts??? Thanks in advance.

SGS

mikeyworm
01-18-2005, 05:09 AM
Without knowing his stack size it is tough to really advocate any specific line. However, when I am in this situation I'll often flat call in the blinds because it sets up a good check-raising oppurtunity on the flop. Hope it worked out.

SGS
01-18-2005, 05:12 AM
It says his stack size is 23k. And are u willing to call of that high a percentage of ur stack when u still have a folding equity and could even possibly have him dominated?

SGS

mikeyworm
01-18-2005, 05:17 AM
sorry, its late and i just got bad beated (?) out of the super monday at party so i am not fully aware of small things embedded in the middle of sentences. /images/graemlins/smile.gif anyways, i think this hand is an ideal place for a stop and go. you've got a raiser massiveley overbetting the pot and who will thus likely autobet any sort of flop giving you an easy check raise if you hit.

I also don't think you have much folding equity in this pot. The type of player who will raise that large of an amount is usually willing to make calls for all his stack with the same pairs you read him for.

SGS
01-18-2005, 05:20 AM
n/m

schwza
01-18-2005, 11:27 AM
i like the line of stop n go if you miss, c/r if you hit (a pair or flush draw).

i think it's likely that villain has AK and this is the best way to win the pot. if he's willing to push raise on the flop after missing, he wins the pot for his gumption.

woodguy
01-18-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think it's likely that villain has AK and this is the best way to win the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you see a lot of 10xBB bets with AK?
Like SGS, I usually see 77-JJ with bets like that.
Just curious.

Regards,
Woodguy

adanthar
01-18-2005, 12:05 PM
It's a Stars rebuy. Anyone that raises 10xBB with anything isn't gonna fold to a push.

schwza
01-18-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a Stars rebuy. Anyone that raises 10xBB with anything isn't gonna fold to a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

it is after the rebuy period though. if it were during, i would definitely say to push.