PDA

View Full Version : Where to live (apartment) in Vegas?

TwoNiner
01-18-2005, 03:38 AM
OK. I'm considering moving to Vegas. I've been looking online and comparing apartments at some apartment review sites, and so far I've figured out that there are alot of shitty apartment complexes in Las Vegas. Even a lot of the higher price range places seem to have quite a few complaints about crime, overall crappy complex etc. I was wondering if any of you guys had any information you could share on where the best locations to live might be. It seems like I might have a compromise between how close I live to the strip and the number of car stereos I go through in a year. Any info on nice places to live or traffic around town would be great. Or if you have any experience with nice apartments that would of course be great too.

Thanks,
Alan

TruePoker CEO
01-18-2005, 09:54 AM
Green Valley. ... around Green Valley Parkway and Warm Springs, as you indicated you will have a car. There are a lot of complexes down Green Valley Parkway between Sunset and Wigwam.

Alternatively, see if you can find a house to rent in a nice area, such as Green Valley, MacDonald Ranch, or similar. Your housing dollar will get you more that way.

tek
01-18-2005, 01:23 PM
Two words:

Gated Community /images/graemlins/wink.gif

judgesmails
01-18-2005, 01:28 PM
There are a handfull of nice apartment complexes in Summerlin. It is a very safe area of town and many of the complexes have gates and 24 hour security. Summerlin is about a 20 minute drive to the strip.

Photoc
01-18-2005, 04:21 PM
Southwest, South, Green Valley, Henderson, or Summerlin are all your best choices. STAY AWAY from North and North East. The East and Souteast can be a wierd mix of nice pads on one street and dumps on the next one.

Apartment Guide (http://www.apartmentguide.com)

TwoNiner
01-18-2005, 04:24 PM
Thanks guys. One of the spots I was looking at was in that Green Valley area. I'll probably just get a garage. Even the nicer places don't seem too expensive since I had to pay rent in freaking Austin, TX in college. Now those prices suck.

URMeowed
01-18-2005, 05:20 PM
Meridian at Hughes Center (http://www.forrent.com/search/detail.asp?site=1010365&CMP=OTC-SMX)

And you're right down the street from the Bellagio and around the corner from Wynn Las Vegas. Meow.

coolhandtom
01-18-2005, 06:42 PM
I've heard Green Valley is the place to be also..

Try rent at San Diego State.. anything within 25 mi of beach is $1400 2bed/bath rent...
$500k 2/3 bed house purchase...

all jobs start at $30k , go figure

Ed Miller
01-18-2005, 07:15 PM
Meridian at Hughes Center

And you're right down the street from the Bellagio and around the corner from Wynn Las Vegas. Meow.

Hrmm.. this cat knows what's up. My cat is a veritable sea slug compared to you. You know, in the brain area. Like, my cat is dumb and stuff compared to you. He's a vicious bastard, though.

Michael Davis
01-18-2005, 07:25 PM
Having a cat = negative respect points.

-Michael

Ed Miller
01-18-2005, 07:34 PM
Having a cat = negative respect points.

Suck it.

coffeecrazy1
01-18-2005, 07:59 PM
I quote De Niro in Meet the Parents: "You'd rather have an emotionally shallow animal?" /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

tek
01-18-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Try rent at San Diego State.. anything within 25 mi of beach is $1400 2bed/bath rent...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh, vacation rentals at Mission Bay-fond memories /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

STLantny
01-18-2005, 09:29 PM
What is housing costs/apartment costs for living in Vegas, Im thinking of moving there while I finish up my degree in IT sec towards next fall. I figure its a good place to be for my industry, and I can start making contacts.

URMeowed
01-19-2005, 06:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hrmm.. this cat knows what's up. My cat is a veritable sea slug compared to you. You know, in the brain area. Like, my cat is dumb and stuff compared to you. He's a vicious bastard, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should see how well this cat plays poker too. It's not too far a stretch to say I am the best feline online poker player. As soon as Mason receives my rough draft of "Cat Poker for Advanced Felines" and decides to publish it, I'll make sure I get your cat a copy. Meow.

URMeowed
01-19-2005, 06:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Suck it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur. Meow.

Stu Pidasso
01-19-2005, 07:40 AM
If your going to get a cat, get one from these guys (http://www.bonsaikitten.com/). They are a bit expensive but they make for great conversation when guests come over.

Stu

Danielih
01-19-2005, 10:21 AM
The meridian is indeed a good spot although I just heard they are currently completely full. If you dont mind living farther from the strip your choices are henderson/Green valley in the SE or Summerlin in the NW. Summerlin is one of the nicest places to live but it is also basically the farthest from the strip. A solid 15 minutes.

You should check out www.craigslist.com (http://www.craigslist.com) , there should be a ton of postings for vegas, for small to midsize houses and apts for 6 month+ leases.

Cheers

slickpoppa
01-19-2005, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've heard Green Valley is the place to be also..

all jobs start at $30k , go figure

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats not bad at all. Try finding a decent 2 bedroom in NYC or DC for less than 2K a month.

VegasChip
01-20-2005, 11:47 AM
I live in Green Valley and I can be parked at Mandalay Bay in 12 mins. There are plenty of nice places in this area and I have had ZERO problems.

12AX7
01-21-2005, 07:28 AM
That doesn't work.

Had a Honda stolen and Car broken into in Canyon Lakes in Summerlin. Right next to Canyon Gate. A supposedly nice area.

They'd have got the car if I hadn't had it disabled.

It was gated.

[ QUOTE ]
Two words:

Gated Community /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

tek
01-21-2005, 02:46 PM
Precausions are better than nothing.