PDA

View Full Version : My week 8 plays

11-02-2001, 08:38 PM
Green Bay -5 over Tampa

So far, I don't believe any NFC central team has covered while on the road except for Detroit vs. Min.

San Diego -5 over KC

I think KC is a bad team who has finally reached the point where they will get beat up and embarrassed by a superior team. They played tough against the Raiders in week1, and they punished Washington early on, but since then, a downward slide. I expect SD to put a stake in the heart of KC's season.

Miami -9.5 over Carolina.

Almost the same scenario as above, only Miami is better. They dont give up very many points at home.

Buffalo +5 v Indy.

This is closer to 50/50 than the others, but I think there's still an edge betting Buffalo here. Buffalo seems to be getting it together. They played a tough one vs. SD and I think that was indicative of good play, rather than the "emotional rivalry".

I give Buffalo a good chance to cover. They are coming off two good showings on the road to face a HIGHLY suspect Indy.

Totals:

Washington/Seattle under 37

My rule is still in effect. If I lose this one, I may reconsider. Otherwise, I bet the under on all Washington games.

NYG/DAL under 35.5

I will be suprised if Dallas scores 10. Heck, I"ll be surprised if they get on the board. The only problem is that the Giants' offens may wake up this week and score a lot. There's a slight chance they'll go over by themselves. Overall, Giants games have gone under each week except 1 and 7 (I'm pretty sure).

Bal/Pit over 32.5

This is a ridiculous low and even though two good defenses are facing two sub-par offenses, I think there's value in betting this over.

Anyway, those are the plays I"m taking (in addition to Big Al's and scalf's picks, and Feist's if he posts early enough for me to place the bets).

Wild Bill, where's your picks? You may have had a rocky start this year but your picks are generally good and I like what you say. If you're staying away over the recent flame wars, please come back.

Good luck to everyone.

natedogg

11-02-2001, 09:05 PM
I meant to say, I don't think any NFC matchup has seen the road team cover the spread except Det v Min.

natedogg

11-03-2001, 01:29 AM
Sorry haven't posted many. Got a few customers (believe it or not) that I give picks to so out of respect to them I haven't posted. I haven't even bothered mentioning that I went an incredible 10-2 last week, but hey even idiots get lucky /images/smile.gif I just comment on picks for now, not to be a jerk or anything, but I have always liked it when respectful people give me an opinion. As for your picks this week, I would say I agree 50/50. One game I think you should be careful on is Buffalo. I am not going to take Indy because they are so Jekyll/Hyde, but still Buffalo was telling the world last week was their Super Bowl. They lost it disappointingly to Flutie magic, I doubt you can expect anything resembling a top effort here. Also would be careful with Miami for two reasons. First of all the betting world should remember this is an early season team, has been year after year. They start fading a bit this time of year and then flat out collapse and try to hang on late in the season. I think they take advantage of the difficult weather conditions in August/Sept in south Florida to gain great early season conditioning, but that edge dies out later. Not to mention it has always been a thin team, one that has a good first team, but nothing behind it and this year is the same. Second they are just too conservative for my tastes laying a big number. This team is just like the Titans were up to this year, a team that would make you scream if you lay points with them. They get a lead and then stop rushing the QB hard, they stop throwing the ball, they become predictable...all the things you hate when you are laying big wood. Chargers are more palatable because the number is reasonable at under a TD, almost suspiciously so. I think the Chiefs are more likely to quit than the Panthers are, after all Vermeil comes in and acts like this isn't his team and how he will rebuild it over time, that is an easy excuse for this team to fall apart. Other plays, I like all your totals plays although who knows with the Redskins what team will show up. That is a team I would rather just avoid totals or lines.

11-03-2001, 08:30 AM
carolina...miami under...hurricane moving in...could comtribute to under???

11-03-2001, 08:34 AM
would be carefull on carolina..miami...my power numbers say about -5...may hurricane/rain which could keep scoring down gl...i really like the bolts...and am betting against the skins rather than total...gl