PDA

View Full Version : trying to hard?? 10/20 hand

Alobar
01-18-2005, 02:41 AM
opponent in this hand is 60/22 preflop. Post flop he isnt as aggresive, but can be pretty tricky at times. I've seen him c/r bluff the river to a scare card. But I've also seen him make laydowns, he doesnt take every piece of crap to the river.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (5 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

looking back Im not sure how I feel. If he was betting the draw he is going to call my raise, and that puts me in the spot of wondering if I should fire again on the river. I dunno....thoughts?

DrGutshot
01-18-2005, 04:01 AM
I try to stay away from plays like this unless i have a good read. edit: oops i was multitasking while reading the post and didn't notice you had posted a read. I don't like this play because it is risking a lot and it is a small pot to fight for.

nonetheless, here's a bump to try to get more info

-DrG

rory
01-18-2005, 04:02 AM
aggressive != good. dont do this crap.

imitation
01-18-2005, 04:11 AM
If I think someone is semibluffing I like to have a semibluff to make back otherwise I just fold. I would fold this on the flop and look for a better place to play back.

sthief09
01-18-2005, 04:41 AM
I'd usually fold the flop there. there aren't many times where I'd just fold, but this is one of them. you missed the flop so badly, and if he has ANY piece, you only have 3 outs. also, this type of move isn't usually best against a 60 VPIP guy, because he's probably loose enough postflop that he won't be folding any pair.

ALL1N
01-18-2005, 06:57 AM
A 60/22 who checkraise bluffs the river sounds pretty stubborn. A stubborn player will rarely fold a pair or better ace to this turn raise.

But a tricky stubborn player will often make it hard to get to showdown cheaply if he's holding a draw, turning the other option of raising the flop sour (stop'n'go turn is common, 3-bet flop or bet out river not out of the question).

So yeah, I fold the flop.

Edit: However, there are definitely guys who I would play this way against.