PDA

View Full Version : KQs

fyodor
01-18-2005, 01:25 AM
UTG = LAG
Button = Loose calling standards. Generally aggressive post flop
SB = Loose calling station

I had been getting no cards at the table. Down about 10BB over about 40 hands. Went to SD only once vs LAG when I limped JT in SB and bet J44 flop all the way. He had A4. If anyone noticed I'm sure I looked tighter than normal. Had folded a cpl missed flops when I met resistance.

Preflop nothing to talk about.

Flop is pretty nice for me without actually giving me a hand. I may have as many as 15 clean outs twice. Pot is already 10 small bets when it gets to me. The LAG could be betting absolutey nothing figuring I might fold my overcards and so might everyone else. I'm thinking my draw is so good why not let everyone stay and I'll pop them later. I don't know why I was so overconfident. Maybe I believed I had such a good read on them all I could do whatever I wanted. In retrospect I believe I should have raised the flop.

Turn nothing to talk about.

On the river I know I have the LAG beat but the calling station worried me. Maybe he's hanging around with a 5 or 6 but maybe he's just been lurking with an Ace. Even with an Ace I doubt this guy check raises though unless it's 2 pair. They will both call with any pair. Pretty gutless check on my part.

What do you think?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, UTG calls.

River: (9.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

imitation
01-18-2005, 01:39 AM
I Just bet and raise this all the way, I will explain more later at the moment i'm 4-tabling while trying to put my pants on to go play ball.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-18-2005, 02:03 AM
I think this is a flop raise with the flush draw/overcards/opportunity to face 2 people with two cold.

helpmeout
01-18-2005, 06:42 AM
I raise the flop, the pot is a decent size and you have a lot of outs.

You want to clean up your outs against Aces and potential gutshot straights. Make them make the mistake of calling 2 on the flop.

If only Mr LAG calls then you have the option of taking a freecard on the turn.

I also bet the river, they will be more scared that you hit the ace since you raised preflop.

fyodor
01-18-2005, 11:27 AM
Sounds like everyone is in agreement that I botched both flop and river. Happy to hear I'm not the only one who felt that way.

Anyhow this particular hand I actually save myself some money. Small Blind had A/images/graemlins/spade.gif9/images/graemlins/spade.gif No way this guy folds TPTK to 2 cold on the flop. It's also a holding he likely checkraises on the river.

LAG btw had Q/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif So he bet the flop into 3 players with nothing, and then when he actually turned a hand he stops. Hmmmm.