PDA

View Full Version : First time playing pot limit AA utg twice

jkamowitz
01-18-2005, 01:15 AM
Just got back from London. Wow. . . what a game. (if anyone has played on pacific poker then you know exactly the texture of the game) Uber-loose preflop with many people calling with any two cards. Very rare that someone folds to a bet but will not reraise without AA or KK. Obviously, very profitable.

Anyways a certain situation came up three times that I tried to play differently each time but in all three times did not work out.

The situation is AA under the gun in this super loose-passive game.

It was 25 pound entry (roughly 50 dollars) with 25 pence/50 pence blinds.

hand 1:
Hero is utg with AhAd
Because people were so passive I obvioulsy wanted people to pay with weak hands. I raised the max to 1.75 and much to my dismay 6 callers.
Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Blinds check I bet the max 12.50 and got 4 callers
Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif and I quietly check-folded.

(4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ended up beating q /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif filling up on the river)

Hand 2:
Hero is utg with AA again
this time I decided to try and limp raise hoping praying someone wold raise
no one did
Flop 893 checks to me I bet the pot surprisingly this guy right to the left of me doubles my raise everyone folds and I move in he calls.

(turn was a 10 river was a 7 he has JJ and I muck.)

Hand 3:
We are now shorthanded and the stacks are deeper
I have arond 150 in fron tof me and the next guy has maybe 80
villian in this hand has around 35
I raise with AA to 1.75
sb and bb call
flop; 348 checks to me I bet pot, 5.25 sb folds bb calls
turn 5 checks to me I bet pot 21.00 He moves in I call.

(villian has 67o and wins)

I hope you dont think I'm bitching about getting my aces cracked. I'm not upset at all as I was still the biggest winner for the night even with these beats. My question is how to successfully play aces in these conditions with a really loose passive table.
My biget question is in hand 3 where I bet the turn. Thinking about it I probably should've checked when the straight hit. But I'm still unsure. This was my first time playing pot limit and it is very different from both no limit and limit. If anyone has had any good experience with pot limit i'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks a lot.

Sephus
01-18-2005, 01:56 AM
you played hands 1 and 2 fine. hand 3 is read dependent.