PDA

View Full Version : Sick of Seeing Statements Like This

IggyWH
01-18-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"Big Ben is in for a playoff surprise, courtesy of Belichick." ~ istewart

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement was made in this thread :

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1554813&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14

but I didn't want to post this and hijack Johnny's thread.

I keep on seeing people say things to that extent and it annoys me to no end. I heard the same crap before the last game. What option does New England have?

New England will certainly put 8 men in the box to stop the run. They're going to make Ben beat them. Sounds like a good gameplan doesn't it? Well it sure as hell didn't work in the first game. That's what the Pats did, put 8 men, sometimes 9 and made Ben beat them, which he did. Last game, Ben was 18-24 with 196 yards and 2TD's.

I know he had a bad game last week against the Jets. I know people are doubting him now, but those statements to me make no sense at all.

So, tell me, what could Beli possibly do different?

nothumb
01-18-2005, 01:19 AM
Well, for one thing, he can keep the defense off the field by not coughing up the ball every few plays.

For another, he'll be looking at the mistakes Roethliswhatever made in the Jets game (I don't know what, but I know he made 'em) and saying, "Ok, that means [insert name of bizarre idea] will really screw with his noodle." It's what makes him good. Same with the coordinators - they will be looking to see what Pittsburgh expects and throwing totally different looks at them.

Now, that said, the Steelers are a good, solid team that has a strong game plan and can control flow, tempo, and style of play well. So it will be hard to get them off their game. I think it's going to be a very good game and I predict NE will make some big gambles in the first quarter to try and take control. Whether the Steelers are prepared for this is going to largely determine the outcome IMHO because NE will probably execute whatever scheme it is well.

So, I'm sure you're sick of hearing that Bill will come out with some wild stuff to throw at your boy, but he will. The Steelers will have an opportunity to capitalize on this and we'll see if they take it.

NT

IggyWH
01-18-2005, 01:26 AM
See, this isn't me all hyped up in the Steelers that reasoning goes out the door. I agree that Beli can come up with a scheme that will surprise the hell out of you. I expected it in the Indy game and he showed one sort of similar to the Super Bowl game against the Rams.

A crazy scheme can work on a passing game (as proven already) but how can a crazy scheme work against a run oriented team? The only way you can stop the Steelers from running the ball is to clog the lanes. To clog the lanes, you need people. Now that you got all these people committed to stopping the run, you really aren't able to do anything crazy in pass protection (I'm talking during normal play, not 3rd and 10 or something along those lines).

The only real scheme I can see him doing is stacking the line to stop the run and blitzing constantly to make Ben make quick decisions. What's so crazy about that? Ben's been seeing it all year and has obviously been able to beat it in the past.

kenberman
01-18-2005, 01:29 AM
The Steelers have a great defense, a great running game, and an unproven passing game. They had - by far - the most run weighted offense in the league, which kept their defense off the field, and the pressure off of Roeth.

The first game was literally Murphy's Law for the Pats: Dillon was hurt, Law went down early, Brady made uncharacteristic picks, and all this added up to Pittsburgh being able to exert their will in all phases of the game. You asked what would be different this time? Well, everything I mentioned above is now different:

Dillon will play, and is looking strong.

The Pats secondary has adjusted to losing Law/Poole, which was made clear vs the Colts. The group has come a long way.

And Tom Brady has never played a bad playoff game.

So I expect lost of changes this time around. The Steelers peaked in those 2 games vs the Pats and Eagles. Roethl. has since come back down to earth, and not just last week. His stats from the last 6-7 weeks are pretty bad, as defenses adjusted to him. I expect the Pats to pick up exactly what has been bothering him.

IggyWH
01-18-2005, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Roethl. has since come back down to earth, and not just last week. His stats from the last 6-7 weeks are pretty bad, as defenses adjusted to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Purely on stats, this is true. However, during the time where Ben's stats went down, Plaxico was hurt and not playing. Plaxico, although not a Pro Bowl receiver is a key asset to the Steelers passing game. He is really their only deep threat and when you replace a 6-5 227lb deep threat with a guy that's 5-10 192lbs (which is total bull because I met him and he's 5-7 at best) you're not going to get the same result.

nothumb
01-18-2005, 01:39 AM
Like I said, the Steelers do a good job of controlling tempo and gameplay (ground attack) and will be hard to disrupt. One of the best things we can do is play the same game and get out in front early, which is why NE will be taking some risks on the first few posessions.

Other tactics I expect to see:

Big-play defense, like Teddy Bruschi was playing in the last game. Guys going for the strip and putting punishing hits on everyone, especially receivers. The Steelers O is tougher than Indy's but this is still something that we will try to do.

Another part of big-play defense is showing the rookie different coverages constantly, even having LB's drop into coverage on the weak side (where the Steelers are less likely to run) and bringing in a safety to blitz. At least once you'll even see someone like Seymour drop into coverage on a TE while Harrison comes off the corner and tries to kill someone.

You're right, it's hard to mix it up too much against the Steelers, which is what I was acknowledging earlier. The biggest asset the Pats have is that they are great hitters and can go nose to nose with the Steelers, so long as we keep the offense on the field.

So, again, expect to see an old-fashioned ground-game slugfest and field-position type game, with the Patriots focusing on avoiding turnovers and generating them wherever possible. How did the Jets get turnovers? We'll be zeroed in on that and looking to do similar things.

NT

istewart
01-18-2005, 02:09 AM
I have to get to work now, but put it this way. The Steelers were lucky to beat the Jets (in reference to Edwards' decisions/Brien's kicks). The Jets aren't the worst team in the playoffs, but they should've been a pushover for the Steelers. I don't see that type of game occurring again for the Steelers, but recognize that the Patriots have seen this before, it is the POSTSEASON, and Brady is playing.

Dillon makes a huge difference, too, I can't overstate this.

IggyWH
01-18-2005, 02:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have to get to work now, but put it this way. The Steelers were lucky to beat the Jets (in reference to Edwards' decisions/Brien's kicks). The Jets aren't the worst team in the playoffs, but they should've been a pushover for the Steelers. I don't see that type of game occurring again for the Steelers, but recognize that the Patriots have seen this before, it is the POSTSEASON, and Brady is playing.

Dillon makes a huge difference, too, I can't overstate this.

[/ QUOTE ]

What you said is true, but it still doesn't answer my original question of what can Beli do? You HAVE to stop the Steelers running game. When you make that kind of committment, you can't do the sneaky stuff with the pass defense unless it's an obvious passing down.

I'd love to hear what you think Beli could do when you got a moment. I think I'm getting sent out of town in the morning for 3 days and I won't have an internet connection, but it'll give me something to look forward to to read when I get back.

astroglide
01-18-2005, 04:33 AM
look, kids. big ben. parliament.

kenberman
01-18-2005, 09:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd love to hear what you think Beli could do when you got a moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

My .02:
It's not just what Belicheck will do, but the whole team. Clearly, the D Lineman and linebackers will need to be more effective than they were last game. It all starts w/ stopping the run, and the Pats did a bad job of this last time. Part of this was due to the fact that the Pats couldn't commit a huge amount of guys to the run, b/c their secondary was so inexperienced. So, I expect more run blitzing this time. I also expect to the Pats to pass blitz more effectively this time. They've had time, since week 8, to watch what bothers Roethl, and will take advantage of this knowledge. This is in regard to a few different categories: coverage schemes, zone blitz schemes, and 'confusing' schemes where Roethl. won't know what's coming at him.

Basically, I agree with you to a certain extent: the Pats's can't 'trick out' their D vs the Steelers like they did vs the Colts, but there is PLENTY of room for improvement since game 1. The reason the Pats will win this time is not solely b/c of Roethl vs the Pats D. The reasons are:

The Patriots will get positive rushing yards before the 4th quarter this game.

The Patriots will not have 3 turnovers in 11 plays this game.

The Patriots will have a better defensive scheme this game.

The Steelers will therefore be very unlikely to jump out to a 21-3 lead, and be able to play their game like last time.

Here's how I break it down:

Defense: even. Steelers #1 Points against, Pats only slightly #2. Steelers played by far the least amount of defensive downs in the league, b/c their rushing offense was so effective, so much of their stats are skewed. I may even give the edge to th Patriots.

Rushing offense: slight edge, Steelers. I say only 'slight edge' b/c this is such a huge part of the Steeler offense, and the Pats don't need to rely on it as much. If they needed to, they could (see last week).

Passing offense: big edge, Patriots. Pats have a deeper receiving corps, and a MUCH better playoff QB in Tom Brady.

Special teams: edge, Patriots. The best clutch kicker in the game, and your former great punter, Josh Miller. The Steelers looked shaky in this department against the Jets.

ddollevoet
01-18-2005, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

istewarts' statement may be a little bold, but in my opinion, New England is 10 times the team that the Jets are.

The Steelers (and Ben) should be concerned about what New England is going to throw at them this weekend.

kenberman
01-18-2005, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

istewarts' statement may be a little bold, but in my opinion, New England is 10 times the team that the Jets are.

The Steelers (and Ben) should be concerned about what New England is going to throw at them this weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, but what exactly will NE throw at them? That was the posters question, and not many people have answered him.

AngryCola
01-18-2005, 10:34 AM
You know what annoys me?

Long ass URLs that stretch the page.

Where is "Clean URL Please" (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1553990&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1) when you need him?

Toro
01-18-2005, 10:43 AM
Throw out that regular season game. Every team is due for for 3 or more stinker games a year. The Patriots up to that game hadn't lost in over a year. They were due for a stinker game and that was it.

They turned the ball over early and it was 21-3 away from home against a good team. All schemes are out the window at that point. I'm not saying this will be an easy game for NE but I just don't see them losing. They're too mentally tough and know how to win the big ones.

Look at the 4 games last weekend. The two NFC winners played teams that shouldn't have even been in the playoffs. The Steelers played the Jets who sputtered into the playoffs. The Patriots drew the team no one wanted to play. And who ended up winning in the most dominate fashion?

That's all you need to know in analyzing the next 2 games.

AngryCola
01-18-2005, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very bold of you. We will see.

I'm anticipating a very close low scoring game. It should be a lot better game than Colts vs Pats.
The Steelers match up a little bit better against the Pats than the Colts did/do.

kenberman
01-18-2005, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Steelers match up a little bit better against the Pats than the Colts did/do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree. The Steelers will attack the Patriots strength (D Lineman, linebackers) while the Colts attacked their weakness (secondary). On top of that, the Colts can run and pass, while the Steelers can only run. Defensively, the Pats surely match up better against the Steelers than the Colts.

Offensively, the Steelers defense is certainly better than the Colts. But the Steeler corners aren't too strong, and the Pats should be able to pick on them, once they get a running game going (which they never had the oppty' to do in the first game).

AngryCola
01-18-2005, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are, of course, free to do so.

But, of course, you are incorrect. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

kenberman
01-18-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Nick B.
01-18-2005, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you are wearing rose colored glasses and it will be impossible to get you to see why. You'll see on sunday.

kenberman
01-18-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you are wearing rose colored glasses and it will be impossible to get you to see why. You'll see on sunday.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I can think about this objectively. If you can tell me why what I wrote was off-base, then please do.

AngryCola
01-18-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I can think about this objectively. If you can tell me why what I wrote was off-base, then please do.

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't have to.
You will see what we mean on Sunday.
You have enough patience to make it to Sunday, right?

Drac
01-18-2005, 11:21 AM
Keep in mind it's hard to find a defense worse than the Colts yet the Pats didn't really do much until the 2nd half when the crap goblins were worn out and crappy. The Steelers are much, much better defensively. I don't get why the Pats people are so giddy/overconfident. Looks like a pretty even match up with the Steelers holding home field.

kenberman
01-18-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't have to.
You will see what we mean on Sunday.
You have enough patience to make it to Sunday, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok,I can think about this objectively, but since you don't want to have an adult conversation, then I won't either.

Roethlisberger is the most overrated QB I have seen in my lifetime. He played poorly down the stretch, he choked vs the Jets, and he will choke vs the Pats. This makes you nervous, and for good reason.

Steeler fans are insecure about their team being 16-1, at home, and an underdog. This is embarassing to you. You have a great team. But you are 2nd best.

Cowher's teams have a history of playoff choking, while Belicheck's Pats teams have never lost a playoff game. On the field, and off the field, the Patriots are better than the Steelers.

Belicheck is 13-0 when seeing a starting QB for the 2nd time in 1 season.

btw, are you guys booking Super Bowl tickets before the AFC championship again? That was awesome.

AngryCola
01-18-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but since you don't want to have an adult conversation, then I won't either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too much coffee this morning?

Jesus man, calm down.

Just because I don't feel like writing a friggin report on this game doesn't mean that I'm not reading your statements objectively. I just believe you to be wrong.

Just remember that not everyone in OOT is out to have a televised debate with you.

Nick B.
01-18-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Roethlisberger is the most overrated QB I have seen in my lifetime. He played poorly down the stretch, he choked vs the Jets, and he will choke vs the Pats. This makes you nervous, and for good reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

This coming from somebody who roots for Tom Brady?

[ QUOTE ]
Steeler fans are insecure about their team being 16-1, at home, and an underdog. This is embarassing to you. You have a great team. But you are 2nd best.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Patriots are 6-2 on the road this year, One loss against they team they are playing and the other to a 4-12 team. (Both have good defenses)

[ QUOTE ]
Cowher's teams have a history of playoff choking, while Belicheck's Pats teams have never lost a playoff game. On the field, and off the field, the Patriots are better than the Steelers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Better off the field?? WTF are you talking about.

[ QUOTE ]

Belicheck is 13-0 when seeing a starting QB for the 2nd time in 1 season.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is 0-1 in Pittsburgh this year.

JoeC
01-18-2005, 12:12 PM
Look at what the Steelers did to the Patriots last time.

Big Ben played his worst game of the year last week. To be sure, it was an ugly, ugly, fortunate win for the Steelers. But come on, are you all really counting on Roethlisberger to have another having another horrible game?

Steelers by 14, you heard it here first.

kenberman
01-18-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But come on, are you all really counting on Roethlisberger to have another having another horrible game?

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't the most important factor going into the this game. The Steelers win with defense and a running game. In fact, they have the most run-oriented offense since the 1990 Oakland Raiders. I think Roethlisberger has relatively little to do with their success.

AngryCola
01-18-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In fact, they have the most run-oriented offense since the 1990 Oakland Raiders.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's good news for them. I love that style of football.

[ QUOTE ]
I think Roethlisberger has relatively little to do with their success

[/ QUOTE ]

He has certainly made it at least a little bit easier for them, but you are correct about this.

Still, it's hard for me to imagine them going 15-1 with Maddox.

RogerZBT
01-18-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And last.

AngryCola
01-18-2005, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And last.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, if I had to pick I would take the Steelers. But not by that much.

I'll say the Steelers by 3.

RogerZBT
01-18-2005, 12:46 PM
I'm going with the Patriots by 3.

It just seems that, even with the head-to-head loss, NE is the better team and no one has given me any compelling reason to believe otherwise.

AngryCola
01-18-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going with the Patriots by 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least you're being reasonable. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Honestly, I am just hyped for this game because it should be such a great contest. I can really see it going either way.

I give the Steelers the advantage because of home field and the earlier win against the Pats in the regular season.

Still.. the only edge I'm giving either team is 3 points. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

IggyWH
01-18-2005, 01:20 PM
Good points Ken. They haven't sent me out to eastbumblefuck yet so I got a little time. The only one I'd say that I don't really agree with is :

[ QUOTE ]
Passing offense: big edge, Patriots. Pats have a deeper receiving corps, and a MUCH better playoff QB in Tom Brady.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the Pats have the advantage, but I don't think it's a huge one. Sure, Brady gets the nod over Ben easily, but when people say a receiving corp is deeper, they usually mean better. I think the Steelers definitely have the edge in receiving corps. We have 2 pro-bowl WR's who will catch their balls and I especially like the Troy Brown on Randle El matchup.

IggyWH
01-18-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Throw out that regular season game. Every team is due for for 3 or more stinker games a year. The Patriots up to that game hadn't lost in over a year. They were due for a stinker game and that was it.

They turned the ball over early and it was 21-3 away from home against a good team. All schemes are out the window at that point. I'm not saying this will be an easy game for NE but I just don't see them losing. They're too mentally tough and know how to win the big ones.

Look at the 4 games last weekend. The two NFC winners played teams that shouldn't have even been in the playoffs. The Steelers played the Jets who sputtered into the playoffs. The Patriots drew the team no one wanted to play. And who ended up winning in the most dominate fashion?

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what, you're exactly correct. The Steelers sucked last week (offensively, the defense kicked ass). Here's my problem though.

If we're able to write off the regular season game that New England played as :

"The Patriots up to that game hadn't lost in over a year. They were due for a stinker game and that was it."

Then why can't we do the same about the Steelers last week? It seems to me like everyone who thinks New England is going to win is mostly going by what happened last week. New England during the season came back and won their game after getting their butts kicked by Pittsburgh. So why can't Pittsburgh come back from a bad performance last week and beat New England?

wonderwes
01-18-2005, 01:48 PM
Just tell me which team to put $20 on. I would have to go with Steelers. Simply for the fact they beat the Pats in the regular season. However Corey Dillon playing this game will change a lot.

However, I think to guess the winner is a crapshoot. So I will just go with the majority.

Toro
01-18-2005, 02:07 PM
Big difference between a regular season game in the middle of the season and a playoff game. If you want to be champs you can't lose intensity/focus in the playoffs. Steelers dodged a bullet last week, should be booking tee times this week but the Jets field goal kicker choked, twice!

The Patriots on the other hand, save their best efforts for the playoffs. I like "my" team all things considered.

Edit: Btw, I never mentioned in my original post that the Steelers "sucked" last week, you brought that up. My post focused on how the Pats despite facing by far the toughest opponent, played the most impressive game of the 4 remaining teams.

kenberman
01-18-2005, 02:13 PM
I regret that this thread became a tad uncivilized. But, to respond..

[ QUOTE ]
This coming from somebody who roots for Tom Brady?

[/ QUOTE ]
Tom Brady has never lost an overtime game or a playoff game, and has won 2 Super Bowl MVP's. He is the most UNDER-rated QB in the league. I know he won't crack under the pressure this Sunday, and you can't say this about any of the other 3 QB's.

[ QUOTE ]
The Patriots are 6-2 on the road this year, One loss against they team they are playing and the other to a 4-12 team. (Both have good defenses)

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup. The Pats certainly lost to both those teams. But if the Patriots had to play at Miami this week, I'm quite certain they would win - despite the fact they lost to them earlier.

[ QUOTE ]
Better off the field?? WTF are you talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was talking about coaching. Belicheck is the best coach n the league.

Hey, the Steelers are a great team, and have a chance to win this game. Both teams play great defense & can run the ball.

Bottom line: I think the Steelers are too one dimensional (offensively) to beat a team the Pats, who excel in all areas of the game.

James282
01-18-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Big difference between a regular season game in the middle of the season and a playoff game. If you want to be champs you can't lose intensity/focus in the playoffs. Steelers dodged a bullet last week, should be booking tee times this week but the Jets field goal kicker choked, twice!

The Patriots on the other hand, save their best efforts for the playoffs. I like "my" team all things considered.

Edit: Btw, I never mentioned in my original post that the Steelers "sucked" last week, you brought that up. My post focused on how the Pats despite facing by far the toughest opponent, played the most impressive game of the 4 remaining teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of like how the Pats choked against the Dolphins when home field advantage throughout the playoffs was on the line. But I guess that wasn't a big game. I mean Brady only threw four interceptions, one of which was one of the worst of the year by any quarterback which wound up costing them the game.

And the Pats were missing Dillon in the first game. Last time I checked Dillon isn't part of the defense which gave up 250 rushing yards. You allow for "stinker" games but then point out the 1 game of the year where the steelers played badly. And they still won that game. I honestly wouldn't bet this game either way but to say the Pats have "big edge" is just ridiculous. You simply choose to ignore the negative aspects of your team and say "throw that game out" when someone points out something to the contrary of what you are saying. I won't make excuses for the way the Steelers played against the Jets because frankly it was their worst game of the season, but they still won. Isn't that what Patriots fans always say? Obviously the colts were the best team left, but playing them at home is a much different beast than playing the Steelers on the road.
-James

Toro
01-18-2005, 04:17 PM
I didn't bring up the Steeler/Jets game. The Steeler fan was the one who said his team stunk that game. You need to read before you post.

daryn
01-18-2005, 05:30 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Obviously the colts were the best team left,

[/ QUOTE ]

some people will say this until their death

istewart
01-18-2005, 05:44 PM
"Belicheck is 13-0 when seeing a starting QB for the 2nd time in 1 season."

From an above poster. I didn't know that, but that is just wow.

James282
01-18-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant "of the teams that were underdogs." I don't think that's debatable really.
-James

James282
01-18-2005, 05:50 PM
Which game were you referring to when you said "Steelers dodged a bullet last week"? I only assumed you were talking about the Steelers-Jets game. But maybe you were talking about the Colts-Pats game, in which case, I agree.
-James

daryn
01-18-2005, 06:04 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant "of the teams that were underdogs." I don't think that's debatable really.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

surely that wasn't implied in your original statement. that changes a lot.

IggyWH
01-18-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, that was my word. They did suck last week and there's no way I can defend that. They sucked LAST week though and this is a brand new week.

Toro
01-18-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Which game were you referring to when you said "Steelers dodged a bullet last week"? I only assumed you were talking about the Steelers-Jets game. But maybe you were talking about the Colts-Pats game, in which case, I agree.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you guys too lazy to read the thread before posting. My original post simply stated that the Patriots had to face the team no one and I mean no one wanted to face. And of the 4 games this weekend they had the most dominant victory.

Then the Steelers fan goes on about how his team sucked against the Jets etc etc. I was just answering his lame defense that a bad game in the playoffs is somehow equivalent to a bad game in the middle of the season. NO I'TS NOT EQUIVALENT. One bad game in the playoffs and you're out but the Steelers got lucky that the Jets kicker choked, that's all.

Having wasted all this energy on a response to a poster who won't read, I'll go back to my original statement. All things considered I like "my" team next Sunday.

And are you serious that the Pats dodged a bullet against Indy when they totally dominated them. If you had a shred of credibility you lost it with that assinine statement.