PDA

View Full Version : chewing ice

dr. klopek
01-17-2005, 11:01 PM
Almost everyone I know chews the ice from their drinks or whatever. I have a serious aversion to ice chewing to the point where I have to ask them to stop. It makes me want to vomit, and that's even before I start thinking about doing it myself.....It's like fingernails on a blackboard to me, but some people seem to enjoy it thoroughly. I can't understand this. Please explain it to me.

Reef
01-17-2005, 11:02 PM
I've heard its bad for one's teeth

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-17-2005, 11:02 PM
Chewing on ice is great. You are weird.

realwtf
01-17-2005, 11:03 PM
NO! You are not even supposed to mention this thing.

Alobar
01-17-2005, 11:14 PM
my teeth are to sensitive, so I cant do it. Its like people who chew ice cream.....ugh!!! I cant do that, I have to gum it like some 90 year old lady giving a BJ

maryfield48
01-18-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
my teeth are to sensitive, so I cant do it. Its like people who chew ice cream.....ugh!!! I cant do that, I have to gum it like some 90 year old lady giving a BJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice visual alobar.

My wife went on an ice-chewing binge a couple of years ago. Every cold drink became just an excuse to crunch ice. The attendants at the local cineplex got to the point where they'd hand us the drinks and indicate the one with the extra ice without being asked.

It turned out she was anemic. After taking iron pills for a while the ice crunching has subsided to normal levels.

istewart
01-18-2005, 12:54 AM
lmao nice conclusion

daryn
01-18-2005, 12:55 AM
i do it sometimes. it's not something i do every time though.

in the bahamas, thebruiser500, japy, and eugeneel dared fatmongo to eat 3 whole cups of ice filled to the top in less than 3 minutes. the challenge was on. fatmongo put up a valiant effort but failed, getting through about 2 1/2 cups of ice. he said his whole mouth was numb and he thinks his tongue was bleeding.

mmbt0ne
01-18-2005, 12:58 AM
I chew the ice in everything I drink. When I'm done with that, I usually chew the straw until it's completely gone. I'm always chewing on something, but it's never gum. I hate gum.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-18-2005, 06:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I chew the ice in everything I drink. When I'm done with that, I usually chew the straw until it's completely gone. I'm always chewing on something, but it's never gum. I hate gum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I chew on evrything too. Esp my finger nails. they are pretty pwned after 14 years of nail biting.

fatmongo
01-18-2005, 07:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
in the bahamas, thebruiser500, japy, and eugeneel dared fatmongo to eat 3 whole cups of ice filled to the top in less than 3 minutes. the challenge was on. fatmongo put up a valiant effort but failed, getting through about 2 1/2 cups of ice. he said his whole mouth was numb and he thinks his tongue was bleeding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true, but let me clarify, it was a challeng, not just a dare, as I was doing it for cash. And yes, my tongue was bleeding by the end.

drewjustdrew
01-18-2005, 01:26 PM
I hate ice chewing as well.

There's an old lady at work who does this all the time. I pray one day her teeth will break and she screams in pain. When that happens, I will smile inside. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

beerbandit
01-18-2005, 01:35 PM
same here --- my teeth are also to sensitive

i really dislike ice in my drinks also -- i just melts and does not seem to taste good

cheers