PDA

View Full Version : very interesting TT hand

Alobar
01-17-2005, 10:42 PM
Its very interesting because I say it is damnit! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I dont remember the numbers for these 2 guys, but neither one was anything out of the ordinary, so your typical slightly passive, slightly loose 5/10 player

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

River: (12.20 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 15.20 BB

as an aside, I'd love to hear what everyone thinks these 2 guys had.

Joe826
01-17-2005, 10:51 PM
i'd like this play more if you had a bigger pair. as it is, there are alot of turn cards that can hurt you. plus, you can trap both for a bet on the flop while you might not have both customers on the turn.

Alobar
01-17-2005, 11:06 PM
BBs flop cold call really scared me, so thats why I didnt 3 bet (not that that is a good excuse), so I figured if I went for the turn checkraise I could see how he reacted before I had to make a play

RunDownHouse
01-18-2005, 12:54 AM
I like your reasoning on waiting for the turn, Alobar. I put button on either a 9 or a pair smaller than 9 and BB on a 9.

Michael Davis
01-18-2005, 12:57 AM
This is how you should play this hand most of the time since there's almost nothing the button can have that beats you. Your reasoning for make the play this way was excellent. And since they're not likely to fold the turn anyways, I think, getting them for two bets and taking a slightly higher risk of losing the pot is better than getting them for one.

-Michael

Schneids
01-18-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
BBs flop cold call really scared me, so thats why I didnt 3 bet (not that that is a good excuse), so I figured if I went for the turn checkraise I could see how he reacted before I had to make a play

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless BB is v. tight and predictable you're running yourself the risk of laying down the winner if BB is capable of c/r the turn with say K9 or A9.

I think it's best to 3-bet the flop for this reason.

Alobar
01-18-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless BB is v. tight and predictable you're running yourself the risk of laying down the winner if BB is capable of c/r the turn with say K9 or A9.

I think it's best to 3-bet the flop for this reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I'm not entirely sure what I would have done if he c/r the button on the turn. Alot would depend on what turn card came off.

When he just called, I knew MHWG. I get ready for my big pot to be shipped after the river calls, and button turns over JJ and then BB turns over QQ....heh, MHW3B