PDA

View Full Version : What's my river action?

Entity
01-17-2005, 09:16 PM
The guy directly on my left is a calling station. The guy who raised the river is loose-passive preflop, neutral postflop. Who 3-bets? Who just calls?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

River: (6.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero...

Rubeskies
01-17-2005, 11:17 PM
I call to try to get a UTG overcall.

Entity
01-17-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG is the sort that if he called one bet on the river, he will never fold for one, two, or three more. Just FYI.

Rob

Rubeskies
01-17-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG is the sort that if he called one bet on the river, he will never fold for one, two, or three more. Just FYI.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case I raise, haha.

Entity
01-17-2005, 11:29 PM
BTW, is my flop bet ok? Anyone have comments on that? I've been bluffing K-high boards with a lot of success recently.

Calling station will call if he has any piece of the board, which makes that semibluff a bit harder.

Rob

Rubeskies
01-17-2005, 11:51 PM
Given your reads of calling station and loose passive plus having 3 opponents, I'd say this isn't a great time to do it.

DrGutshot
01-18-2005, 12:46 AM
I hate the flop bet. I only take these stabs when the people to my left are capable of folding, AND if the flop is more hit or miss (K53r)
tons of gutshots, midpairs, and flush draws will call you here.

I 3bet the river

-DrG

chio
01-18-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, is my flop bet ok? Anyone have comments on that? I've been bluffing K-high boards with a lot of success recently

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate the flop bet too. everything is going against you this hand to bluff here:

(1) pot too small
(2) out of position against 4 opponents
(3) almost zero fold equity as tons of draws and likely pairs out there
(4) you only have a gutshot tainted by flush draw and no extra overcard outs

Entity
01-18-2005, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate the flop bet. I only take these stabs when the people to my left are capable of folding, AND if the flop is more hit or miss (K53r)
tons of gutshots, midpairs, and flush draws will call you here.

I 3bet the river

-DrG

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. Thanks.

Rob

chio
01-18-2005, 01:50 AM
i 3bet the river, simply b/c i'm not afraid of SB river c/r (we probably would have heard from 2pair/set earlier)

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-18-2005, 02:01 AM
I don't particularly care for your flop bet given your read of UTG.

I'd 3-bet the river.

Alobar
01-18-2005, 03:01 AM
I dont like the flop bet. Its way to co-ordinated to have any chance of folding everyone out, and you have no over cards, meaning you are most likely drawing to your guthsot. That and getting raised would suck arse, cuz you have to then call.

Just call the river, your hand is most likely the best (you would have heard from 2 pair or a set on the turn), but play it safe, get the overcall, cuz you will make the same amount of money, but lose less, if for some reason you are wrong.

just read the other replies, and see that the calling station will call 2 more. I 3 bet it then