PDA

View Full Version : Stop n' go

Entity
01-17-2005, 08:50 PM
Both opponents are loose, semi-passive.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

River: (8 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

JrJordan
01-17-2005, 09:03 PM
Seems like a good line to take with CO being the raiser. I certainly prefer it better than a turn c/r because you can trap BB for at least one bet and hope that CO raises from there.

Regarding the flop, do you think BB can get away from whatever draw he's on if you three-bet here? If he's a calling station with an A or Jc, you might get an extra SB from each player. If you think BB folds with two bets coming to him, then I like the smooth call best.

spydog
01-18-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Both opponents are loose, semi-passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like your line based on the above statement. Your turn stop-and-go is a nice line against an overaggressive player, but you described your opponents as passive. What passive player would raise you on the turn (even if the Kc didn't arrive) without the nuts on a monotone flop? Maybe some, but not many. Most will just call down, even with a baby flush.

I think you need to pump this flop for as many bets as you can. BB already called one. Don't worry, he'll call 2 more with his Ace or lower club.