PDA

View Full Version : Faces of Death movies...

pshreck
01-17-2005, 06:42 PM
This is kind of in relation to a thread from last night (on suicides).

Has anyone here seen any of the Faces of Death/Traces of Death/Banned from Television videos? I did lots of reading on them last night and am contemplating buying one, because I admit it does fascinate me.

Problem is, anyone who had a review of it on the internet also admitted some way above average obsession with death and gore, which I wouldn't say I had.

I don't want to drop 17.99 on one of these if it will just gross me out and I will be afraid to even have it in my DVD library.

I found 2 or so death clips on the web from these tapes, maybe Ill post links if people show enough interest. They are so so strangely fascinating to watch...

Alobar
01-17-2005, 06:44 PM
go scroll around rotten.com and vbarf.com and if you find that stuff interesting or whatever, then you will like the faces of death movies. If however you have a soul like most normal people, you will just find it disturbing

Vern
01-17-2005, 06:49 PM
Interrogation (http://www.snopes.com/photos/gruesome/interrogate.asp)

Just the Video (http://www.snopes.com/photos/gruesome/graphics/interrogation.wmv)

Warning, gruesome content

liquidboss
01-17-2005, 06:51 PM
When I was much younger (13-16) my friends and I used to rent the Faces of Death series in particular all the time. I still remember them to this day and some are very gory. If you find the sample vids facinating then I would say you would like the real movies. From what I remember of them, you wouldn't really want to show them to others unless you know the people are not easily grossed out because there are some pretty unique scenes.

I would add that most of these vids and others like them can be found online so unless you really want them for your DVD collection you wouldn't need to buy them.

daveymck
01-17-2005, 06:55 PM
I have seen one of them, to be honest wouldnt spend money on it, worst one was when they showed a resteraunt where they bring oiut these live monkeys and the person then has to hammer them and eat the brains. The rest was standard peolpe jumping, getting knocked over etc, probably is on kazaa places like that.

Find the clips online is my recommendation, if interested in death and stuff lots of sites on the holocaust and also some sites on a massacre that the Chinese did just before the war which has some really barbaric horrible photosi, babies slain next to the mother, woman raped etc etc or pleanty on Saudi executions and stonings etc etc or the American hostages that were beheaded.

The stonings are interesting (think there is some video on Amnesty international) you dont realise how barbaric it really is till you see it.

Theres pleanty of stuff like that without a dvd in my opinion.

pshreck
01-17-2005, 06:56 PM
Last night I saw the infamous woman being hit by train clip.

Not really gory, just so shocking in seeing this woman's life end in an instant.

This is from 'Traces of Death' apparently.

daveymck
01-17-2005, 06:58 PM
also there is a website fallujainpictures.com or similar that has some really bad photos poeple with their heads blown off some US soldiers injuries and stuff as well.

astroglide
01-17-2005, 07:15 PM
lots of the faces of death scenes were *OBVIOUSLY* faked (the one with the magician cutting somebody in half 'accidentally' comes to mind) and it seemed to get worse the further in the series got but maybe it turned around. i remember 'shocking asia' being better but i was still young then so i don't have a great valid opinion. ogrish.com is 2 legit 2 quit though...

youtalkfunny
01-17-2005, 08:43 PM
I had heard about the original "Faces of Death", and swallowed the hype.

I was shocked to see that EVERY ONE of the events depicted was a fake--even the monkey getting his head cracked open--watch the tape, you never see the hammer make contact with the monkey. It's live monkey, cut to hammer swinging, cut to dead (probably fake) monkey. Cover it all with screaming monkey sound EFX, and it's scary as hell--but clearly fake.

Don't believe me? Go to the scene where the guy gets eaten by the bear. The guy and the bear might wrestle, but that's it. When the blood starts flowing, and the meat gets torn off, the guy and the bear are never in the same shot.

Same with the alligator scene.

And when I told my friends that it was obviously fake, THEY WOULDN'T BELIEVE ME. They had swallowed the hype, and wouldn't let it go.

That was back in the innocent, old-fashioned, pre-internet early 80's. We were shocked that such images would be marketed on video (of course, they weren't--they were only fakes). So I wasn't all that surprised when it turned out to be fake.

Fast-forward to 2005, and I'm now quite willing to believe that they'd market actual footage.

IggyWH
01-17-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Interrogation (http://www.snopes.com/photos/gruesome/interrogate.asp)

Just the Video (http://www.snopes.com/photos/gruesome/graphics/interrogation.wmv)

Warning, gruesome content

[/ QUOTE ]

The action itself isn't funny, but I started cracking up when the cop was like "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh [censored]"

IggyWH
01-17-2005, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Last night I saw the infamous woman being hit by train clip.

Not really gory, just so shocking in seeing this woman's life end in an instant.

This is from 'Traces of Death' apparently.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember that one. It's crazy how far she flew when the train hit her. It was her own dumbass fault...