PDA

View Full Version : KK hand - 2/5 NL

LuvDemNutz
01-17-2005, 05:33 PM
No read on Villain as he's pretty new to the table but he seems loose.

Villain is MP (~$125) -
Hero is BB (~$300)

Folds to villain who limps. Folds around to Hero in BB who has two red kings. I make it $25 to go.

Villain calls -

Flop -

10c 7c 3c

Hero bets $25.
Villain calls.

Turn Ah
Hero checks.
Villain checks.

River Ad
Hero checks.
Villain goes all in for $75.

Hero ?

DoubleDown
01-17-2005, 06:08 PM
I would bet more on the flop. Instead of half pot, I'd bet the full ~$50 on the flop. Your bet of half-pot, gave him the correct odds to draw to the flush, if he was holding a /images/graemlins/club.gif.

Betting the pot will pretty much force villain to make a pot-committing decision, whether he pushes all-in or simply calls, as he will only have $50 left should he just call. If he comes over the top, I think I would definitely call and possibly pay off his made flush or set, as I am not folding for another $50 into a pot of $200 ... where villain could very easily hold something like A /images/graemlins/club.gifx or JJ-22 with 1 /images/graemlins/club.gif

summary: I would want his entire stack in the pot on the flop. If he simply calls, the pot bet on the flop, I will put him all-in for his remaining $50 on a non- /images/graemlins/club.gif turn. If the turn is a club, I would still lean towards putting villain all-in or check-calling an all-in from him as villain could very easily hold a smaller PP w/o a /images/graemlins/club.gif.

eager to here suggestions on other lines as well.