PDA

View Full Version : Poker Wiki

alittle
01-17-2005, 01:28 PM
Well, this may be one of my craziest ideas ever, but I've put together a wiki on poker topics. If you're not familiar with wiki's, they are websites where all of the content is written and maintained by the users of the site. Wikipedia (http://www.wikipedia.org) is probably the best known wiki.

My site is A Little Poker Wiki (http://www.alittlepoker.com/wiki) and it is now open for editing. I decided to post this first to the Home Poker forum because there is a lot of information traded here that maybe could be put in the wiki as a more permanent resource. And there seems to be a bit more decorum here /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It seems to me that a lot of great info goes through these forums, but is a bit transient and hard to find weeks later. One example was the query last week about suggested color breakdowns for chips. This would be a great topic in the wiki.

I have put together a framework of pages on a variety of poker areas to get everyone started, but haven't had any time to add actual content. Now that I have the wiki itself finished, I'll start adding content myself as I have time. Feel free to join in. It is trivial to add pages and the structure of the way pages are linked is pretty freeform, so a lot of the organization is up to you.

One of the other great things is that the content you add will get modified and tweaked by others, so over time the pages become richer and richer. Of course this also could lead to conflict, but hopefully the community polices itself.

You will need to register as a user to make edits. You can do this by clicking the login/logout link at the lower right. After that, you can edit any page you like other than the home page and administrative pages.

Over the next couple of weeks, I'll be publicizing the site more, but I want to start a little slow, so I can take care of any problems and be responsive to questions. My email is available on the homepage if you have any questions or issues.

Andy

Mojo Tooth
01-17-2005, 03:08 PM
Fun idea, thanks! I might make a couple edits and see how crazy things go. /images/graemlins/smile.gif