PDA

View Full Version : Anyone willing to analyze yet another group of stats?

bds
01-17-2005, 12:30 PM
I have resisted posting stats, because I know they are not the most favorite of posts. But the recent post about % folding to river bet confirmed for me that my number in that area is too high.

I would really appreciate input from the group as to which areas I should work on improving and any specific suggestions for making those improvements.

Hands: 54,066

VPIP: 26.59
I think this is too high and that it is a leak in my game. I am working on lowering it, without much success, but am determined to get there.

PF Raise: 14.36%
VPSB: 42.99% I think this may be too high. Is this one of the places where I should tighten up.

Folded SB to steal: 73.02%
Folded BB to steal: 47.30%
Attempted to steal blinds: 28.82%

Won$ WSF: 36.82%
Went to SD: 36.64%
Won at SD: 54.37%

Folded to river bet: 44.56%
I think this is too high. Perhaps I am not calling down enough with A and K high. Perhaps I don’t fold earlier enough so that I am out on the river. Any thoughts?

Check-raise: 2.16% (45.86% flop; 52.29% turn; 1.85% river)

Aggression by street:
Flop: 2.02
Turn: 2.90
River: 1.80
Total (including preflop): 1.64
Total (no preflop): 2.20
I think these numbers are low, but have not been able to increase them. Often when I try, it is the wrong place, wrong time:)

BB won per 100 hands: 2.83

BB won per hour: 2.43
My goal here is 3 BB/hour. I am not getting there. I usually play 2-4 tables and will roll this back to two while I try to plug leaks based on any suggestions I receive from the group.

Thanks for taking the time to review these and help.

kiddo
01-17-2005, 12:37 PM
Which level are we talking about? If its loose and not so often HU on river u will get a higher folded% because "u know" that he isnt bluffing 2-3 players.

You are coming in with many hands preflop that you just call with, try to change that, more raises or/and more folds.

Aggression factor is ok if its loose, but a bit low if it is 5/10 Party.

bds
01-17-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Which level are we talking about? If its loose and not so often HU on river u will get a higher folded% because "u know" that he isnt bluffing 2-3 players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops - meant to include level. This is Party 5/10.

kiddo
01-17-2005, 12:58 PM
I have always had higher AF on flop then turn (are almost the same), are u slowplaying a lot? (I dont believe in slowplaying)

Yads
01-17-2005, 01:49 PM
Increase your post flop aggression i guess.

bds
01-17-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have always had higher AF on flop then turn (are almost the same), are u slowplaying a lot? (I dont believe in slowplaying)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well - I don't think I'm slowplaying a lot - I agree with you - unless it is a spectacular hand, slowplaying often loses the pot. Any other ideas on why these numbers would be backwards?

bds
01-17-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Increase your post flop aggression i guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I need to do this. I'm just not sure how - and not even sure how to select hands to post that would lead me to understand where I am too passive after the flop. Any thoughts about what might be common areas that I can examine for insight about this?

Rubeskies
01-17-2005, 02:00 PM
Yeah, your VPSB is pretty high. It should be in the low 30s.

MAxx
01-17-2005, 02:21 PM
maybe look at spots where you are calling when you should be folding. i know this sounds like a foolishly easy thing to say.

in gaining an understanding of my aggression factor, with the aid of some good posters in the SS forum... i learned that..

i was calling a little too much and taking the defensive and calling on some of my more marginal hands instead of takeing the initiative with marginial hands and leading or takeing stabs at more pots when there are not too many contestants. anyway leading and betting or folding instead of calling in many marginal spots uped my aggression factor.

the truth the matter was that I was aggressive before too, but calling too much in these spots brought my numbers down a lot.

at the same time, your aggr. factor is pretty good as is, and just minor adjustments would bring it up a little to where you want it.

Yads
01-17-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know I need to do this. I'm just not sure how - and not even sure how to select hands to post that would lead me to understand where I am too passive after the flop. Any thoughts about what might be common areas that I can examine for insight about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Taking stabs at pots against one or two opponents should notch this up a bit. Don't be afraid to keep betting if a scare card hits. That's all I can think of for now, you could very well be doing this already though. Don't let stats affect your game, let your game affect your stats.

bds
01-17-2005, 02:36 PM
All good advice - thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I've made myself a little note with the things to focus on and will let you know the results in a month or so. Any other suggestions also welcome:)

Good luck - and have a great day.

Grisgra
01-17-2005, 04:29 PM
Your stats look very similar to mine -- including VP$IP from SB and VP$IP, assuming you didn't limit it to 5-6 players -- and I'm over 3BB/100 over the last 25k. (Actually over 4BB/100, but I've had some nice rushes of cards in there. I'm under no illusion that it will last. Still, I cross my fingers and hope I'm still at least a 3BB/100 player.)

Main thing to work on is something others mentioned -- flop aggression is too low. Either raise more or fold more -- my guess is, raise /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

bds
01-17-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your stats look very similar to mine -- including VP$IP from SB and VP$IP, assuming you didn't limit it to 5-6 players

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I wasn't sure if I had inadvertently limited by number of players, so I went in to check. I don't see where I would do that (unless I had a filter running perhaps). Assuming that I didn't miss something and by mistake limit by number of players, then this represents all my SH games.

And - hope that good luck continues to come your way - and hope for more of the say for myself as well <grin>

Bluffoon
01-17-2005, 05:01 PM
Your aggression stats suggest to me that you tend to "peel" a card on the flop. Then on the turn you are either raising or folding.

If this is true I would be quicker to fold on the flop. If your hand is truly worth a call... raise.

Also if you are a little more selective with your starting requirements you may find that you flop fewer marginal hands that you really can't raise on the flop.

Yads
01-17-2005, 05:22 PM
No worries bds glad I could help, good luck to you as well.