View Full Version : Fold or call?

ericlambi
01-17-2005, 11:26 AM
PartPoker $25NL

Hero is in BB with $24
Villain is CO with $42

Hero is dealt AQo.

Pre-Flop:

Fold to villain who bumps to $2. Hero Calls.

Flop: A X Q (rainbow)

Hero checks. Villain bets $.50. Hero Calls.

Turn: K

Hero checks. Villain bets $2. Hero raises to $6. Villain re-raises All-In. Hero . . . ?

At this point I have $16-$17 left. I don't have any reason to believe that he raised pre-flop with JT, so I am not really afraid of the straight. There is no flush out there. He would have to have a set or AK to have me beat. What do you think?

Skuzzy
01-17-2005, 12:47 PM
I think you beat KQ and if he's solid enough that you'resure he isnt going to raise with JT I guess he isnt going to push with less than two pair. Other than a bluff and KQ your beat, so I fold. But it is PP 25NL?

Oh and I'm a total noob so my opinion has the value of calling a reraise preflop with QJs

Biff M.
01-17-2005, 01:45 PM
Hello hello,

Why didnt you bet/check-raise hard on the flop? He bet 0.50 in to a ~$5 pot, and you just called? Don't be a calling station. He might have AK, KQ, even JTs. It's not an easy decision on the turn, but noone said all decisions were easy.

ericlambi
01-17-2005, 02:16 PM
I didn't bet/check-raise hard on the flop because I thought the $.50 bet signalled extreme weakness and I wanted a few more chips. Before the flop, I put him on a range of hands like AK-AT and any PP say 8 or higher, with TT+ being much more likely. When he bets out $.50, I start to think he has JJ, TT, KK because any other hand would have made it and bet a little harder I think. So I check hoping to give him some more confidence for a larger turn bet. I get my wish, check-raise him, and he re-raises me. Now what to do? I'm in a pickle because he would not pull this move with most of the pre-flop hands that I have beat . . . unless he is really terrible, and I think it's bad to assume the best in this situation. So what do I beat here. KQ and a bluff. That's really what I see. Now, of course, I didn't take this much time to think about it at the time so here is what I did:

<font color="white"> I call. Villain shows QQ, for a set. I LOSE. At the time, I chalked it up to bad luck that I hit two pair with AQ when he hit is set. But when I replayed the hand in my mind, I really think this is an easy fold. There's just not that many hands that he put this raise in pre-flop that I beat. And even fewer that he would re-raise the turn with. </font>

vanHelsing
01-17-2005, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's just not that many hands that he put this raise in pre-flop that I beat.

[/ QUOTE ]
wasn't it folded to him in CO? I would treat it as a possible steal attempt and put him on a wide variety of hands, so I don't fold here.