PDA

View Full Version : Party 6-max

zepmetal
01-17-2005, 11:21 AM
I'm looking for some generalm thoughts on how to play unduited aces on party 6-max tables when theres no raise in front (its easy when there is a raise, muck it). Im a pretty tight player, i odnt call many raises before the flop, but I raise maybe once an orbit on these tables preflop, usually to 4.5BB. I raise legit hands as well as low suited connectors, and sometimes small PP. I feel that AXo gains some value in these shorthanded ganmes, but im just not sure how to play it yet. Im also htinking about how to play suited aces for a raise. What kind of stacks do you need in these games to call 4x BB with A4s?

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-17-2005, 12:02 PM
It is true that AXo becomes more valuable in SH play. However, i wouldnt go too nuts w/ AXo unless its folded to you in the CO or button.

Yeti
01-17-2005, 12:04 PM
Quite big ones. At least 2x the buyin. Probably more.

Keep it simple, ditch the weak aces. Stealing with nearly anything in late position is great, but don't be raising stuff like 67s UTG. They don't have enough value in these short stack games.

Also, stuff like KJ, JT is much better than A4s imo. Just try and be the aggressor with these hands.

Just some quick, muddled thoughts /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BradleyT
01-17-2005, 03:07 PM
Why do you say KJ/JT are better than A4s in these situations? Less likely to be dominated by a hand that calls you?

Yeti
01-17-2005, 03:38 PM
Because when you raise with A4 and get a caller, you are hoping to hit an A, and if you miss your hand has little value. If you hit, you may well be dominated anyway.

Stuff like KJ, JQ has more straight possibilities as well as giving you two potentially live cards to draw to. In these shallow stack games high cards hold great value imo.

Flops like 89T QT2 KT2 are action flops for you when holding stuff of this ilk. If you've got A4 in your hand they are just ugly.

Of course, I've not illustrated this very well. But I think you will get it.

schwza
01-17-2005, 04:11 PM
i would not call a raise w/ A4s w/ any stacks unless i thought i could outplay him post flop. even if you flop two pair you have to fear that villain flopped bigger two pair.

i'd open-raise AJ utg, AT utg+1, A7 CO, Ax button against an unknown table.