PDA

View Full Version : It ain't Allah

Gamblor
01-17-2005, 11:16 AM
who's keeping these insurgents going.

The Union: Narcotic Fervor (http://www.theunionleader.com/articles_showa.html?article=49537)

I wonder what the Koran says about crack.

bholdr
01-17-2005, 03:04 PM
not really suprising, i geuss. one kind of feverent mania can so easily lead to others. isn't this totally against the teachings of even radical islam? anybody know? were the insurgents in question religious radicals or baathists? not that it matters.

O/T rambling here:
I have always thought, and still do, that it's not radical fundamentalist islam that is the root cause of terror in the middle east, maybe it's responsible for the specific form it takes, but, genrally speaking, it's just screwed up people looking for something to latch onto and use to justify thier violent natures.
radical islam is a means to an end for most of these jerkoffs, imo.

EliteNinja
01-17-2005, 04:38 PM
Interesting.

I find that the American media is mostly just pro-war propaganda. This story may be true, but I feel that it is to scare people, to make people fear Muslims (subtly).

The whole war was a mistake to begin with.

EliteNinja
01-17-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have always thought, and still do, that it's not radical fundamentalist islam that is the root cause of terror in the middle east, maybe it's responsible for the specific form it takes, but, genrally speaking, it's just screwed up people looking for something to latch onto and use to justify thier violent natures.
radical islam is a means to an end for most of these jerkoffs, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

very true

But since it is very difficult to identify these people, too many innocents must suffer when someone wishes to fight them directly (USA).

arabie
01-17-2005, 04:47 PM
So do you blame america for going to war or the terrorist for creating the need for war? Who is really responsible for the innocent lives caught in the middle?

Gamblor
01-17-2005, 04:52 PM
your thread hijacking. You're a ninja, after all.

I don't think the fact that it's propaganda precludes the story from being true.

Either there is, or there isn't, insurgents who keep themselves alive and moving fast and fighting for Allah by injecting speed, methamphetamines, crack etc. etc.

I believe there is. For people whom suicide bombing is an approved means of warfare, I'd argue that this is simply another means of "empowering" the troops to fight swifter, higher, faster. As in, it would be okay to violate a prohibition on drugs in order to serve a higher cause, the same way it is okay to violate the Islamic prohibition on suicide to serve a higher cause.

arabie
01-17-2005, 04:55 PM
This is a very bold and broad statement. Its easy to just say the american media is this or that. What is the american media? It is micheal moore to fox news and everything in between so i don't really see your point. If you wish to critize every article or news organization with credible, evidential refutations, your claim may be convincing.

Further, here is it a test to your claim: CNN, the most watched american news channel, has unjustifiably attempted
"to scare people, to make people fear Muslims (subtly)," how?

Please be thorough and specific in your answer.

zaxx19
01-17-2005, 04:56 PM
Not really a big deal...
Israel has experimented with drugs to improve combat rediness isnt this how THC was discovered?? American pilots regularly use amphetamines(not Meth but..)to get them through long sorties. I think its sortoff silly for the most medicated nation in the history of the world to point fingers at militants....

Gamblor
01-17-2005, 05:37 PM
I think its sortoff silly for the most medicated nation in the history of the world to point fingers at militants....

No finger pointing, it's just hilarious if you ask me.

Crazed jihadists running around screaming about American excess and decadence and cracked out on PCP.

ACPlayer
01-18-2005, 01:13 AM
Gamblor claims "No finger pointing"

That would be a first.

nicky g
01-18-2005, 07:49 AM
I would be willing to bet that the insurgents weren't the only fighters in Falluja taking amphetamines.

Gamblor
01-18-2005, 01:16 PM
I understand it's real tough for you to point fingers when they're lodged firmly up your ass.

ACPlayer
01-19-2005, 11:57 AM
You and 6M can have a discussion. You guys agree with each other and that appears to be the only discussions you like without going on TILT!

It is true tho -- I dont point fingers, just make my points. Try it sometime.

Gamblor
01-19-2005, 12:30 PM
I generally play defence on these forums - I'm usually defending Israel against ridiculous charges from people like Y-O-U.

ACPlayer, on the other hand, generally likes to point fingers, squarely in the direction of the Knesset.

ACPlayer
01-20-2005, 01:06 AM
I generally play defence on these forums - I'm usually defending Israel against ridiculous charges from people like Y-O-U.

You are indeed a valiant defender of Israel and thus my, accurate I think, statement that you were testing our credulity. Of course an emotional outburst from you was to be expected I suppose. It is how you argue as well.

ACPlayer, on the other hand, generally likes to point fingers, squarely in the direction of the Knesset

I see you have placed the Knesset in my arse /images/graemlins/grin.gif Its policies smell as such, seems like we agree here, no? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kaz The Original
01-20-2005, 07:24 AM
From the article "Thousands of dollars of street drugs". At a court case, I once saw 7 ounces of marijuana (real value in Canadian dollars, purchased whole sale $1050) described as "Over $5000 worth".

So thousands of dollars of crack / meth is maybe a half ounce? Limited drug use... exaggerated by the media.