PDA

View Full Version : Big Stack Bubble Play

Myst
01-17-2005, 06:33 AM
This doesnt come up often, as I am usually one of the short stack / mid stacks when the bubble comes up, but its a situation that comes up often enough to put a serious increase in my ROI.

Assume Party $50+5 Blinds 200/400
Hero (4000)
Button (1600)
SB (2200)
BB( 2200)

What range of hands should I steal with? Any 2? Am I better off miniraising here and calling any all in if I have 2-1 pot odds, or pushing out right?

tallasudude
01-17-2005, 06:37 AM
I like min-raise definately! I experimented with this in a 10/1, I had 4,400 by 100/200(one man wrecking crew...very very good cards at the right time) and went all in when i was going to steal. I got caught a bunch of times!!! I finished 3rd place... either min raise or 3x BB(sorry i forgot what level you were at, but at the higher levels or lower levels you need to do what you are comfortable with)

curtains
01-17-2005, 06:43 AM
If you are going to raise here I'd make it allin. I wouldn't be raising any 2 here. If the button had like 300 in chips, then you should increase your raising standards, but since no one is guaranteed to make the money by folding, they probably won't be as tight as you'd hope.

Gigabet
01-17-2005, 07:52 AM
I would push with any Ace, any two broadway cards and any pair. I don't think you should ever make a standard raise at this level(and min raising is just downright bad), if you intend on calling an allin, unless it is for deception purposes.

Pushing with any two isn't bad either, just carries a lot of variance and is player dependent also.