PDA

View Full Version : Stealing from the SB.. during bubble.. what is good enough?

Benholio
01-17-2005, 06:06 AM
$22-$33 SNG @ Party. Blinds are 150/300. All 4 remaining players have ~2000 chips. It is folded to you in the SB. The BB is either an average player, or you have no read. What is the worst you will push with?

I've been pushing with pretty much any pair, any ace, 90% kings, 40% queens, any broadway or high suited cards.

Is this too aggressive?

Also, how about when its 3-handed and equal stacks?

Trying to figure out why my 1st place finishes have been so off, despite a decent ITM lately. I know that I can account for a few percent due to unusual amounts of overpairs and dominated hands getting busted, but I also know that I might be rusty, since I took a month or so off from sngs.

Myst
01-17-2005, 06:17 AM
On the bubble, this is way too agressive. Since you are all of equal stacks, you gain realtively little by stealing the blinds here. I only make moves WHEN IM FORCED TO MAKE MOVES.

tallasudude
01-17-2005, 06:47 AM
agreed, not too much or you will get caught. not to little or you are giving up valuable chips.

But I would be interestd in finding out what is more important of the considerations.
#1. Chip stack
#2. How BB plays
#3. Cards
#4. other

its really late so i cant think of any other considerations right now....not that i had to think hard to remember the obvious ones.