PDA

View Full Version : ATs - Cold calling a LAG. Misplayed on every street?

nothumb
01-17-2005, 05:44 AM
BB is TAGish, but may be on tilt a bit.

Button is a 60%/13% LAG who settles down somewhat post-flop.

Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Threebet?

Flop: (8 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Lead the flop? Or check-threebet? Button can be one of those aggressive on the flop from LP types but more passive on the big streets.

Turn: (7 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Meh.

River: (10 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, Button checks.

Missed bets? Did I win this hand?

Final Pot: 10 BB

Comments appreciated. I'm thinking it should have gone preflop: threebet, flop: lead or check-raise and go from there.

NT

Mr. Amanti
01-17-2005, 06:39 AM
preflop i'm not sure a call here is standard, but I was not at that table.

I agree I don't think your hand is strong enough for a check three bet, and if you think your kicker is good the only way to protect your hand is pumping the turn from the flush draw if it misses

from the passive play on the turn there is no reason not to bet the river when the flush does not get there and if your T kicker was good on the flop it was still good on the river so bet it

DeeJ
01-17-2005, 07:30 AM
I'm tempted to 3-bet because Button is LAGgy. On the other hand I don't really want BB to fold 'cuz he's maybe playing some weaker Ace.

I don't understand why you bet the turn (without resistance) but then checked the river?

EDIT: in reply to your last question, I think you know we know who won the hand /images/graemlins/grin.gif

chief444
01-17-2005, 09:09 AM
I consider 3-betting preflop but I think calling is good.

On the flop, I see no reason given the reads to think you don't have the best hand. I would bet and 3-bet since button would probably raise with anything.

I would bet the river also. No doubt about it.