PDA

View Full Version : 5/1 tournaments

tallasudude
01-17-2005, 05:06 AM
Party poker has these one table tournaments things that I see everywhere. I played in one yesterday and I won 5th place. I was pretty happy with how I did. My final had I had Queen 6 suited and I had about 1200 chips. The blinds were 25/50 so i went all in because I didnt have that many chips compaired to the chip leader who had 1600 chips. I lost in a very interesting hand. Well some on called me(I saw on tv that people bet a lot to take the blinds so thats another good reason I made the good choice to go all in) hey the guy who called me had Ace King...i was like dude AK is not that good...he told me that it was better then what I had then i ended up leaving in frustration because he didnt understand that AK is only good when it wins. And that he was really lucky because it won that time.
He ended up getting 2 of a kind on the river which I also told him that if you need the river to win you are a stupid little boy who doesnt talk to girls yet.

But I have a question. My Q 6 all in was the only choice I had so do you think I should go all in every hand i get that has a Q and a 6 in it? Because it has been winning more then AA for me. I hate AA because when i go all in it loses.

I have a chat room meeting to go to....bye.

Myst
01-17-2005, 05:42 AM
AA is a better hand than Q6.
AK is a better hand than Q6 (2-1 favorite)
You shouldnt go all in with Q6 with 1200 chips when the blinds are only at 25/50.
Your best choice at that point was to fold.