PDA

View Full Version : Cant figure out the Math! (High Content)

REL18
01-17-2005, 03:45 AM
Ok my friend and his friend have been playing at a house game mtt of 20 people. The players are all exactly like the 10+1 mtt 2 table at party poker. Except the two cheating have read a couple of books and studied some poker. Now im going to assume that my two friends are about each individually 5% better then the avg 10+1 2 table mtt at Party Poker. They have played for about 2 years they are both 18. Not sure what else info i can give about there play they are both tight-aggressive. They udnerstand pot and implied odds, they are selectively aggressive. Ok thats the beginning the struture of the tourney is exactly like Party Pokers pay out of 2 table mtt 10+1. But heres the catch they always share eachothers cards knowing what they are. They dont play to bet each other and they split all profits. Now they actively collude rarley (meaning re raising rasing and betting to push out others) they normally passivley collude. What is there expected win rate per hour by doing this, and what is there edge over the other players. But most importantely how much would they make per hour of doing this on avg. I want to expose this info to the other players and basically make them pay the money back (which they probably will since they are still better then the others) or kick them out of game (they will want to keep playing so they will pay back). Can anybody calculate per hour what more they have made. And if not what is the avg. amount won per hour.

pzhon
01-17-2005, 05:30 AM
This doesn't look like a math problem at all.

CardSharpCook
01-17-2005, 05:40 AM
If they were able to communicate the exact two cards they had it would be a math problem, but I'm damned if I know how to solve it. Could it be as simple as 50/48, meaning the normal player doesn't know 50 other cards and the cheaters don't know 48 other cards. However, it can be disasterous for the cheaters. For the most part, it will keep them from going up head to head - that is good, but if they know that there is one less diamond out there, they will try to use that too much - subconciously, it will matter more than it should.

Anyway, this isn't a math question, it is an ethics question. Kick the cheaters out, but they are your friends. Do so in a way that allows them to know that you are shocked/offended/hurt/dissappointed in them. You would like them to realize the error of their ways and change. I don't believe that cheating is healthy for the cheater. Help them to change.

CSC

gaming_mouse
01-17-2005, 07:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This doesn't look like a math problem at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not. The answer depends on how they use the information, how skilled they are, etc. There is no simple number crunching you can do to get the answer.

My intuition tells me that it would give them an advantage, but not a dramatic one.

gm

smartalecc5
01-17-2005, 03:18 PM
I once posted something like this in a home poker tourney and the response I got was -

say something like " I know someone is cheating here. I'm not gonna say who, but you know who you are. I am watching you."

That should get em to stop.