PDA

View Full Version : Some poker tales...

7stud
01-17-2005, 02:20 AM
I sat down in a loose $20-$40 game(I had played it the day before), and I quickly folded my first hand. A lady made trip eights to win a nice pot. On the very next hand, I looked down to find those same trip eights rolled up in my hand. The bring in was to my immediate right, and I decided to play my three 8's fast, so I took a deep breath and raised. I got a call from a 6d and a 2 that was the bring in.

Fourth Street:

Me: 8s 8d 8h 3c
p1: X X 6d 4c
p2: X X 2d 9s

It was checked to me, and I bet. To my surprise, the 6,4 raised me. The other player folded, and I decided to reraise. My lone opponent quickly reraised me back. Did he have a pair of Aces in the hole? I thought for a minute, and then reraised again, and without hesitation my opponent reraised. Two small pair? Trips? I reraised, and my opponent reraised yet again. What the??!!! It must be trips, I thought, but since I couldn't be behind, I reraised, and my opponent finally relented and called. Ever go 9 bets on 3rd street?!/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Fifth Street:

Me: 8s 8d 8h 3c 7s
p1: X X 6d 4c Ah

Arrrrgh! If my opponent had a pair of Aces in the hole, he just made trip Aces. Darn it! Then, my opponent bet into me—not a good sign at all. Darn the luck! I called the rest of the way as I silently pleaded for a pair--hoping that I would make a full house while my opponent caught blanks. On 7th street, I peeked at my last card, but I got no help. I dejectedly called my opponent's bet with my unimproved trip eights, and my opponent quickly flipped over his cards. I strained to see the cards at the other end of the table: he had an unimproved pair of Queens. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

A few days later, I had a somewhat similar thing happen to me in a $10-20 game. I had concealed Aces with a small card up. A ten raised and I reraised to knock out the players behind me. All the players behind me ended up folding to the double bet, and when it got back to the ten, he reraised knocking out the player between us and getting it heads up. I decided to reraise, and the ten promptly reraised me back, so I just called. My opponent led the betting the rest of the way, and I just called fearing he had trips. On 7th street, I caught another pair making Aces up, and my opponent didn't show trips(I think he started with a pair of tens and a King kicker), so I won another nice pot.

7stud
01-17-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ever go 9 bets on 3rd street?!

[/ QUOTE ]
I mean 4th street.

eh923
01-17-2005, 11:42 AM
I can't say that I have. But then again, after I knew the guy loved his hand, I'd pop him on 5th when the bets doubled.

Chris Daddy Cool
01-17-2005, 12:33 PM
9 bets on third street is nice, though i really wouldn't give him credit for an A because he'd really have to be stupid to go that many bets with just aces in the hole. but apparently this person was an idiot. /images/graemlins/cool.gif ni han.

Michael Emery
01-17-2005, 02:03 PM
Glad to hear you taking down some nice pots 7. However, I definitely raise when he bets the Ace into me on fifth. Could be trip Aces but I'd still lean toward rolled or pocket fours as many bets as they went to. Never would I have thought pocket Queens though. I guess I forget, not everyone knows how to play the game. Thank God for that. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mike Emery

JRegs
01-17-2005, 04:24 PM
Nine bets with just a pair of queens?? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Are all $20-$40 games like this, or was this just a fluke? I wouldn't expect play that poor on $3-$6 Party.

imported_big ben
01-17-2005, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nine bets with just a pair of queens?? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Are all $20-$40 games like this, or was this just a fluke? I wouldn't expect play that poor on $3-$6 Party.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, but if they did play that poorly, there's still no unlimited raising HU. /images/graemlins/mad.gif