PDA

View Full Version : Weak ace, LP limp

ThaSaltCracka
01-17-2005, 01:55 AM
Same thing as the other hand I just posted, looking for soem commentary.
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG posts a blind of $2.
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Button folds.

Turn: (3 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 4 BB

Mike Gallo
01-17-2005, 01:58 AM
Pretty standard stuff.

wacki
01-17-2005, 01:58 AM
looks good to me.

ThaSaltCracka
01-17-2005, 01:59 AM
okay, thats what I thought, justr thought I would get some commentary here. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

cnfuzzd
01-17-2005, 02:52 AM
Check-raise the river.

ni-han

peace

john nickle

Entity
01-17-2005, 03:30 AM
Fold to the river raise. The pot is too small.

BottlesOf
01-17-2005, 03:35 AM
An argument can be made for raising preflop. I'll be surprised if no one does.

Entity
01-17-2005, 03:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh? From the SB? If Button had folded, then yeah, it's easy. But with button calling, even if he's loose/bad, I'm not sure if I want to play A3s OOP for two bets. Am I weak? I'd raise a lot of hands here, but not A3s. Maybe A7s is my ace-cutoff hands.

Rob

robertsonjohn
01-17-2005, 03:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Check-raise the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

How would this be a consideration? You only have one opponent left who hasn't shown any strength the entire hand. What leads you to believe they'll bet if checked to?

BottlesOf
01-17-2005, 03:41 AM
I'm not saying I'd make the argument, but button is kind of open-limping. He has a hand that's playable for a limp on the button. For the typical party 2/4 player, what can he be holding? How does a suited ace compare to that range? There's 2 sbs of dead money behind us. We are certainly ahead of the two of them the vast majority of the time. They might fold. If not, they'lll put more money in with an inferior hand. We don't have a big equity edge, and you're right about being oop, but I think we likely hold the best hand. That being said, a complete is fine.

And you just picked A7 b/c it turned. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bisonbison
01-17-2005, 03:42 AM
How would this be a consideration? You only have one opponent left who hasn't shown any strength the entire hand. What leads you to believe they'll bet if checked to?

Reading is fundamental.

Entity
01-17-2005, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying I'd make the argument, but button is kind of open-limping. He has a hand that's playable for a limp on the button. For the typical party 2/4 player, what can he be holding? How does a suited ace compare to that range? There's 2 sbs of dead money behind us. We are certainly ahead of the two of them the vast majority of the time. They might fold. If not, they'lll put more money in with an inferior hand. We don't have a big equity edge, and you're right about being oop, but I think we likely hold the best hand. That being said, a complete is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm not saying that it's bad, just that I wouldn't do it, most likely because A3s is likely gonna hit the flop pretty weakly. I'm guessing A3s is about 55/45 vs. a standard 2/4 button's range of openlimping hands.

BTW, if Button is weaktight postflop I like a raise here too. But this is a no read, no raise situation for me.

Rob

BottlesOf
01-17-2005, 03:44 AM
Yea, I just like throwing things out there. OK, I'm giong to watch Carnivale and go to bed. GL all.

ThePenguin
01-17-2005, 04:02 AM
I think you played it right. Your hand isn't strong enough to try a check-raise (you probably shouldnt even call a raise in this situation). As for what the "average" 2/4 player calls with on the button, that's a difficult thing to measure. The game is filled with tight and loose players, not many players who fall into the "average" of the two styles. Also, if he's strong enough to see the river, you must be wary of your kicker.

evain
01-17-2005, 04:09 AM
Do you bet the river if he calls the turn or just check-call?

If he calls the turn I put him on a small pair or a mid range ace half the time an unpaired high cards the other half. If I bet the river I believe there is more than half a chance he will only call if I am beat.

evain

cnfuzzd
01-17-2005, 04:26 AM
ooohhhhh, you just got served.

peace

john nickle

sthief09
01-17-2005, 05:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree