01-17-2005, 01:04 AM
sldkhgaslkjghasghasgkjhasdlghaslkgjhasdljkhsadgjkh jsdjghsaghsghsadgsadg
shgasg
asdgjashgkjasghaslhg
F[/i]UCK!!!!!

deacsoft
01-17-2005, 01:08 AM
Say it ain't so, Buster.

I just spent 1 hour and 3 minutes in a multi-table tourney and didn't have 1 single playable hand. (I wasn't even playing tight) I'm done for the night. I'm getting a little buzzed up anyway. But I'm certainly not happy about being rocked out in 12th place after not seeing 1 flop that I wasn't playing the BB for a check. (top 5 for money)

BusterStacks
01-17-2005, 01:11 AM
64s just chased a backdoor flush draw on my trip kings.

ran my AA into a flopped boat.

well let's see, the only hand that beats me here is AA... but he limped... oh ACES.

I miss the flop with every starting hand. God DAMMIT. I think I'm down probably 60bb or so after < 1k hands.

brassnuts
01-17-2005, 01:12 AM
Haha... me too lately. I almost made a rant about it in the psycho forum, but read some of the others about their little cold streaks and decided it wouldn't be wise. I'm in my first bad run of cards that has lasted over 5k hands. It SUCKS!

BusterStacks
01-17-2005, 01:13 AM
OH OF COURSE YOU HAD Ace-Ten vs my Ace-Queen on an A 9 A flop you fducking asshiodshfle!%!@#%!%! Turn T!! 1 [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] YOU!@!!%12

TimM
01-17-2005, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I'm down probably 60bb or so after < 1k hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in my first bad run of cards that has lasted over 5k hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I stumble on the thread where minor blips of variance are the end of the freaking world or something?

deacsoft
01-17-2005, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
OH OF COURSE YOU HAD Ace-Ten vs my Ace-Queen on an A 9 A flop you fducking asshiodshfle!%!@#%!%! Turn T!! 1 [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] YOU!@!!%12

[/ QUOTE ]

Time to step away for the evening, bro. Maybe even a day or two. I tried to play through a run like that and found myself looking at my account -$800.00. It sucked. Be smarter than I was and just step away.

brassnuts
01-17-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Time to step away for the evening, bro. Maybe even a day or two. I tried to play through a run like that and found myself looking at my account -$800.00. It sucked. Be smarter than I was and just step away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree. My attitude until just a few days ago was, "If they're calling me down with this garbage and hittin thieir 2/3 outers, I should say and make it back. But, I didnt realize I was so on tilt I was probably playing poorly. Take a day or two off. I just took 2 weeks off.

deacsoft
01-17-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But, I didnt realize I was so on tilt I was probably playing poorly. Take a day or two off. I just took 2 weeks off.

[/ QUOTE ]

The worst thing was I didn't even tilt. I just continued to play solid and get rammed in the [censored]. Sometimes they just don't fall your way.

cnfuzzd
01-17-2005, 01:50 AM
yes, but its buster, so everyone is afraid of saying anything because he might get so angry that his head explodes, and we all like buster.

However, this does give me the opportunity to calmly point out that in the past four days at the 5/10 6m ive been experiencing fairly large (+40BB) swings on a regular basis, with the largest being over 60BB's in less than four hundred hands.

And buster plays the 5/10 full. Kids these days.

peace

john nickle

brassnuts
01-17-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The worst thing was I didn't even tilt. I just continued to play solid and get rammed in the [censored]. Sometimes they just don't fall your way.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this case, I don't see much of a reason to quit playing.

deacsoft
01-17-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In this case, I don't see much of a reason to quit playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes. bro, it just ain't happening. Maybe continuing to play made no difference at all. I didn't quit untill I took a huge BB slide. I even had a friend (and respected 2+2 poster) review hand histories and he found very few mistakes. I simply just couldn't take anymore bad beats. I had no choice but to step away or take a serious risk of tilting.

TimM
01-17-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yes, but its buster, so everyone is afraid of saying anything because he might get so angry that his head explodes, and we all like buster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but he's gotta put things in perspective.

I just came off dropping 100BB+ in 4 hours on my 2nd day of 15/30. That was followed by a 90BB down day at 10/20 full a few days later, a game I did well at for a whole month prior. And that was followed by six weeks of treading water at 5/10 full (30000+ hands). And my SD/100 is pretty low (~12BB). I think that one bad 15/30 day tilted me somehow. I kept having small up days several times in a row, followed by a big down day, with no corresponding big up days.

Anyway, my head is still attached, and 3/6 has been good to me so far this month. I have more than enough to go back to 5/10, but I will finish out the month and hope to have more than more than enough by then.

cnfuzzd
01-17-2005, 03:00 AM
you are preaching to the choir tim. I know all about swings and variance. One time, i even lost with aces.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

peace

john nickle

TimM
01-17-2005, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
One time, i even lost with aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice /images/graemlins/grin.gif

cnfuzzd
01-17-2005, 03:04 AM
oh, and what the f[/i]uck are you doing jumping around like that? I know the 3/6 is pretty beatable, but isnt the 5/10 full, especially the bbjp tables just as good, at least in terms of hourly rate? I can understand doing some jumping between the 10/20 and 15/30, and jumping down to 5/10 to steam, but penance at 3/6 seems like a bit much. What, did you child-molest, or worse yet, think about changing avatars?

peace

john nickle

BusterStacks
01-17-2005, 03:05 AM
wow is that true?

TimM
01-17-2005, 03:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What, did you child-molest, or worse yet, think about changing avatars?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way I think I will change avatars is if I can get the same one only animated. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

After yet another bad day of 5/10, I got pissed, w/d my whole roll from Empire, put 600 into Stars and 1000 into Party. I whored both bonuses at 2/4, then brought all that back to Empire for 3/6, and just in time to catch their bonus.

It's all good because I used the rest to pay off some credit cards. I guess wanted some sense of accomplishment before I risked more losses at a painful level.

Also, the 15/30 seemed a lot more LAG than the 10/20 and 5/10 full, and I needed to relearn some things. For some reason I do better in the tighter games. 3/6 is making me adjust, and I hope I can get better at adjusting in real time.

cnfuzzd
01-17-2005, 03:26 AM
variance higher in looser games but more profit...blah blah blah

proper bankroll blah blah blah.

Do you play for income, or as a side venture. Were you taking a shot? Ive always been curious about these scenarios. Once, when i had a really good day at 3/6, and made enough for a buy-in at a 15/30 table, i *almost* sat down. just couldnt bring myself to do it though.

Remember, keep your head up, your vpip low, and your dick in your pants.

peace

john nickle

not sober.

TimM
01-17-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wow is that true?

[/ QUOTE ]

All true. Good thing I have a job. Maybe not for long though as I think the company is in trouble. If it goes while I am still at 3/6 I will have to play like 10 hours a day to make up the income. I think the need to do well has been what was tilting me, because I hate the job, and even the idea of working for others, and see poker as a way out of it.

astroglide
01-17-2005, 03:36 AM
cool

TimM
01-17-2005, 03:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you play for income, or as a side venture. Were you taking a shot? Ive always been curious about these scenarios.

[/ QUOTE ]

Full time job. 3 hours a day of poker after and on weekends. 30K of credit card debt two years ago (don't ask), paid off within the next couple of paychecks. Just in time.

I had my plan. Two months of 5/10, a month of 10/20, and my 300BB for 15/30 ready on Nov 1. On Nov 2, boom. New plan, back to 5/10 on Feb 1 and start over.

[ QUOTE ]
your vpip low

[/ QUOTE ]

Always.

[ QUOTE ]
and your dick in your pants.

[/ QUOTE ]

What fun is that?

[ QUOTE ]
not sober.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too sober and up too late. Work tomorrow, good night.

Zetack
01-17-2005, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Remember, keep your head up, your vpip low, and your dick in your pants.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like very bad advice. Sex is good. And you cand do it even when you're having a a 13.5k hand losing streak.

--Zetack

BusterStacks
01-17-2005, 02:13 PM
I have no problem going on extended losing or breakeven runs, it's the rapid loss of BBs that that gets to me. Anytime I am losing ~ 1$ a hand per session I go on tilt.

BusterStacks
01-20-2005, 03:32 AM
OH REALLY!!!! GOD [censored] DAMMIT, OF COURSE I CANT HAVE A MOTHERFUCKING WINNING SESSION TO SAVE MY [censored] LIFE. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR 1 OUTTER AFTER PAYING 3 TO SEE IT YOU STUPID JACKOFFS. LETS DO IT AGAIN!!! HEY, I GOT A BETTER IDEA, LETS SEE HOW MUCH I CAN LOSE. THEN THE MORE I LOSE THE MORE I WIN!!! [censored] [censored] MOTHER [censored] [censored] BITCH YOU [censored] FISH PAY MY BILLS SO WHY SHOULD I GIVE A [censored] WHEN YOU BET YOUR BOTTOM PAIR INTO MY BIG SLICK OVER AND OVER AGAIN. WHO CARES WHAT I HAVE, CUZ YOU HAVE A PAIR!!! [censored] YOU, SUCK MY DICK.

ok i feel better.

cnfuzzd
01-20-2005, 03:36 AM
A) never have children. ever.

B) you may need some emotional therapy.

c) grey skies are gonna clear up. put on a happy face.

peace

john nickle

B00T
01-20-2005, 12:09 PM
bump so Buster can recall his rage from yesterday...

And think about it, he is better off taking his anger out on his keyboard then if he is watching his gf's kid and gets the urge to get some practice on that 5 yr old arcade game.