PDA

View Full Version : As BB get middle pair

rustyboy
01-17-2005, 12:16 AM
25 NL on PP, .25/.5 blinds, just sat down, only one larger than $30 player, he is hereby Villian.

As BB, get J4. Two limpers and SB finishes his bet. I check and flop is AJ6 two diamonds, I have none. SB checks, I bet a dollar, limper folds, Villian calls, SB folds. Next card 8d, giving board three diamonds. I bet a dollar, Villian raises to 2, I think and call. River an 8, giving me two pair and ace kicker. I check, Villian bets $5 into about $8 pot. What do you all put him on and what is your action?

My guess was KJ, QJ, and when the board paired, he trys to scare my into folding. You all?

TheWorstPlayer
01-17-2005, 12:26 AM
Either a flush or a weak A depending on the type of opponent. If he is bad, a weak A. If he is decent, a flush. I don't see any way you are ahead here. In fact, I would check/fold the flop. Are you really happy putting $8 into a $1.50 pot with middle pair? The people on these tables are weak because they call with very marginal holdings. Wait until you have something real and then bet, bet, bet. Don't bother trying to win a buck or two when you have crap.

rustyboy
01-17-2005, 12:32 AM
Yeah, I def folded when he bet the $5. Thanks for the flop folding advice.

Burno
01-17-2005, 12:49 AM
I'm with TheWorstPlayer on this one. I check fold this flop over 90% of the time, knowing that I am laying down the best hand a decent portion of the time. It doesn't bother me a bit, as I feel these marginal, vulnerable hands OOP are extremely difficult to play for small pots against loose, unthinking opposition.

edge
01-17-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm with TheWorstPlayer on this one. I check fold this flop over 90% of the time, knowing that I am laying down the best hand a decent portion of the time. It doesn't bother me a bit, as I feel these marginal, vulnerable hands OOP are extremely difficult to play for small pots against loose, unthinking opposition.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the same way, and I often toss TP weak kicker as well. If I bet out on the flop and I'm called, I'm at a loss as to how to play the turn and usually have to check/fold, meaning that I could be betting any two cards on the flop with the same result.