PDA

View Full Version : Move All-in?

easydoesit
01-17-2005, 12:01 AM
I play in a weekly tournament (with no rebuys) that usually consists of 7 regulars and 3 newcomers. There is one regular who always seems to raise too much like 4-500 (we start with 1500 chips)with the blinds at 25-50 or so, everyone folds and he shows a small pocket pair (I don't know why he shows). I've been debating if I should reraise him with anything higher than 10-J all in or just call and then move all in knowing that he will probably throw away his small pocket pair. What do you guys think is the best option?

Sidekick
01-17-2005, 12:08 AM
I would just continue to let him do that unless I have a monster hand (e.g. AA, KK, QQ or AK). Why? Because you can not win the tournament in the early rounds, but you can certainly lose it.

Whether the player will fold or not is unknown and despite the fact that he has shown you baby pocket pairs every time, you don't want the one time you decide to call him with pocket 77 to be the time he turns over a monster hand.

Let him take down the 75 or so chips in the early round and save your play for when the blinds get larger and the chips in the center really start to matter.

Just my opinion. Hope it helps.