PDA

View Full Version : Falcon - Eagles

mmbt0ne
01-16-2005, 11:21 PM
Alright, let all discussions be done here. The Philly fans I've seen here think that this game is gonna be a blowout. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm rooting for the Falcons, and am pretty confident that they can go into Philly and win the game.

lapoker17
01-16-2005, 11:21 PM
Eagles by 13.

NLSoldier
01-16-2005, 11:23 PM
Vicks by 40.

ThaSaltCracka
01-16-2005, 11:24 PM
the game is a fuc[/b]king week away, geesh.

DemonDeac
01-16-2005, 11:25 PM
I DONT THINK IT'LL BE A BLOWOUT. no one does.
Eagles will win by at least 10 though

IggyWH
I think this one is hard to predict. I think it's all going to rest on Mike Vick's play. Personally, I don't think the Eagles have much of a say in the outcome of the game. It depends on which Vick shows up for the game.

ClaytonN
Falcons by 3

I put the O/U at 45

ClaytonN
01-16-2005, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It depends on which Vick shows up for the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo

fatmongo
01-16-2005, 11:27 PM
Whats up with Owens. Is he supposed to be ready to play Sunday or is he just gonna chill in the luxury boxes again.

DemonDeac
01-16-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whats up with Owens. Is he supposed to be ready to play Sunday or is he just gonna chill in the luxury boxes again.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's either Super Bowl or bust for Owens, but the chances are improving for him to play in it, although its still a longshot,

mmbt0ne
01-16-2005, 11:32 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
I DONT THINK IT'LL BE A BLOWOUT. no one does.
Eagles will win by at least 10 though

[/ QUOTE ]

Ten isn't a blowout? Vick being dominated doesn't imply a blowout? If you're gonna go balls out for your team, at least stick to it.

I still have no reason to believe that the Eagles can put up the numbers on Atlanta that they need to to win by 10+, let alone be able to stop Atlanta's offense. Kearse is a poor man's Peppers, and he is the only player I've seen give Vick fits this year. Tampa Bay owns Vick, but it's their schemes that are amazing against him, not one single player. Other teams have been trying to implement these schemes for 3 years now, and he's still a player you only hope to contain.

IggyWH
01-16-2005, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kearse is a poor man's Peppers, and he is the only player I've seen give Vick fits this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

ATL should watch gametape of the Steelers-Eagles game. Kearse was not only a complete non-factor but they also exploited his outside pass-rushing speed by running inside the tackle his way.

Leo99
01-16-2005, 11:53 PM
And you don't think a strong pass rush and a strong Eagle's secondary will affect Vick's play?

Are you still wearing purple and yellow?

IggyWH
01-17-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And you don't think a strong pass rush and a strong Eagle's secondary will affect Vick's play?

Are you still wearing purple and yellow?

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew someone would give me crap for my comment. Obviously from my location and my avatar, I'm sure you can see where my loyalty is. It sure isn't with the Vikings!

Some things could effect Vick's play, but I think Vick is good enough to beat teams on his own. Wait, let me rephrase that, I know Vick is good enough to beat teams on his own. I know this because I've seen it happen. I'm not an ATL fan and I'm not even really a Vick fan. I've followed him for a long time though and know the skills he posesses.

A good QB can win with constant pressure on him. A good QB can win even if the secondary is having a strong game. I think that Vick's such an X-Factor that it really depends on how he plays.

CCx
01-17-2005, 12:18 AM
Eagles by double digits. I said it all week and y'all said i was nuts - now let's see the vick-suckers slobbing the knob all week long in hopes that their little transient sports town of a fanbase maybe can put up some type of argument that the falcons even come close to winning the game

Eagles by double digits - AND ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE.

istewart
01-17-2005, 01:54 AM
I love how Joe Buck had nothing to say about Mitchell's response to Moss today.

lastchance
01-17-2005, 02:02 AM
I have to ask: Does anyone care? Does anyone believe either team can beat the Steelers/Patriots in the Super Bowl?

ArchAngel71857
01-17-2005, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Kearse is a poor man's Peppers

[/ QUOTE ]

From ESPN.com:

In a deal that makes Kearse the highest-paid defensive lineman in NFL history, he will sign an eight-year contract worth $66 million. The pass-rush terror nicknamed "The Freak" will receive a signing bonus of $16 million. There are additional roster bonuses of $2 million each in the first two seasons, essentially guaranteeing $20 million of the deal.

Charlotte Observer:

Peppers, the second overall pick in this year's draft, agreed to terms Monday afternoon on a seven-year deal that will be the largest in franchise history. According to several league sources, the contract is worth about $50 million, and incentives could push the total higher.

I think Peppers is the poor man's Kearse.

-AA

ClaytonN
01-17-2005, 02:35 AM
Surely you jest, ArchAngel

Yeah, he's literally poorer than Kearse, but you mean to tell me you'd rather have Kearse than Peppers?

Or were you just making a pun? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ArchAngel71857
01-17-2005, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Surely you jest, ArchAngel

Yeah, he's literally poorer than Kearse, but you mean to tell me you'd rather have Kearse than Peppers?

Or were you just making a pun? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly you have never read my 1406 other posts.

-AA

IggyWH
01-17-2005, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have to ask: Does anyone care? Does anyone believe either team can beat the Steelers/Patriots in the Super Bowl?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any given Sunday...

Did anyone think Miami had any chance at all at beating New England this year? What about no one thinking New England would beat the Rams in the Super Bowl? I think the AFC Champion is going to be favored but that's why they play the game.

DemonDeac
01-17-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Without TO I don't think we have much of a shot, but that's why you play the game. With TO we have a good shot cuz our Run Defense has improved vastly since we last played Pitt when they ran all over us.