PDA

View Full Version : I just got knocked out on the very 1st hand of a SNG

Bigdaddydvo
01-16-2005, 10:23 PM
Hero is BB w/K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

4 limpers, hero checks.

Flop K: /images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to Button who bets 15. SB and I call.

Turn T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Checked to Button who bets 65, Hero raises to 130, Button reraises to 180, Hero calls.

River J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero check, Button moves in, hero calls.

Results in White:

<font color="white">Villian has 5c5s for 5s over Kings </font>

I think the place to get away from this is the turn, since the re-reraise shows he likes his hand and could have limped w/some trash like KTo. Live and learn.

Benholio
01-17-2005, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the place to get away from this is the turn, since the re-reraise shows he likes his hand and could have limped w/some trash like KTo. Live and learn.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way! There is no place to get away from this hand at any street. Unless there is a 4-straight/4-flush or something, you should not be folding trip kings with queen kicker in one of these sngs.

Apathy
01-17-2005, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero is BB w/K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

4 limpers, hero checks.

Flop K: /images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to Button who bets 15. SB and I call.

Turn T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Checked to Button who bets 65, Hero raises to 130, Button reraises to 180, Hero calls.

River J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero check, Button moves in, hero calls.

Results in White:

<font color="white">Villian has 5c5s for 5s over Kings </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Your own logic is reason enough to make the call of the all in since this player could have limped any trash king. IMO with this many people in the pot and no pf raise I would figure my K to be the best but I think you slow play it too much with this many people in. check raise the or bet out and then lead the turn in teh future (not that it wouldve helped you here.)

UncleDuke
01-17-2005, 03:55 AM
I probably would've re-popped him again on the turn while he was feeling frisky, thereby sealing my fate even earlier. Agree with the OP, hard to see folding this in an sng. Probably you win more than you lose in this situation, and if you lose, you just start up another one.

P.S. Just noticed the Steelers thing. Pity me, I'm a fan of Gang Green. I didn't expect much, but did they have to lose like *that*? /images/graemlins/frown.gif