PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get out of this hand?

citizenkn
01-16-2005, 10:23 PM
Opponents are both LAGgish, with VPIP>40%. It looks like I'm up against at least one monster, but when can I lay this down?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero folds, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 20.50 BB

adamstewart
01-16-2005, 10:31 PM
EDIT:

I just deleted my original response.

It's a tough fold, but I think you have to fold this on the flop.

At that point, you're cold-calling two small bets for the chance to win 9. Plus, you don't know how the field is going to act behind you - especially whether or not MP1 will reraise (as he ended up doing /images/graemlins/crazy.gif).

The flop is VERY coordinated. Someone may already have a straight, two pair, or a set. And there's easy flush and straight draws. For instance, another diamond on the turn cripples your hand. Not only that, but you're sensitive to overcards.

This is an instance where your top pair of nines isn't going to cut it. (Even though you also have a back door flush draw).

Again, fold the flop.

Adam

Niediam
01-16-2005, 11:09 PM
Easy fold on the flop. Even if you happen to be ahead on the flop (which doesn't seem likely considering the action) you will often be outdrawn with a board this coordinated.