PDA

View Full Version : bizarre Foxwoods 20/40 hand

34TheTruth34
01-16-2005, 08:22 PM
I've never played a hand quite like this before, so I thought I'd post it. The game was amazing with 3 weak limpers to my right (~90% VP$IP) and a bunch of other loose, not too good players. 6 and 7 way pots were the average. However, I pretty much haven't played a hand since I sat down. It's the kinda game where if you just made some hands, you'd be rich.

6 limpers to me in the CO. I have 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Of course, I folded. I mean, who would play this hand, right? Someway, somehow, though, 4 of my red chips ended up in the pot. Of course the button raised and the BB called. 8-way action (8 BB).

Flop T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif-3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif-2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to me. I check, the button bets, EVERYONE calls, I call. 8 players, 12 BB.

Turn 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Checked to me. I check. Button bets, 4 of the 6 players call, I call. 6 players, 18 BB.

River 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Checked to me, I bet.

I posted this hand because I think you could argue for a different play on almost every street. I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please don't respond telling me to fold preflop.

Manzanita
01-16-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
6 limpers to me in the CO

[/ QUOTE ]

I would limp with 64s in this situation every time. Once you make this initial play I believe it would be an error to fold on the flop or the turn (and betting out on the river is obviously correct).

-- Manzanita

TStoneMBD
01-16-2005, 09:08 PM
seems standard. i think some of the players here would tell you to bet the turn hoping to get raised so that you can clear up some of your outs, but ive yet to incorporate that style into my game yet because i havent been able to utilitize it properly.

BWebb
01-16-2005, 09:09 PM
Fold preflop. /images/graemlins/grin.gif (j/k sounds like with this table you can play this hand for a profit)

Flop I like. I might bet the turn, however. The button hasn't done anything any other button raiser wouldn't do by betting the flop. However, if he did raise AK or the like, he could easily check behind on the turn.

River bet is perfect, too good a chance it gets checked behind here and a zillion worse hands will call.

etizzle
01-16-2005, 09:09 PM
Seems pretty standard play in a game this loose. I would see a flop too, and after that it plays itself.

Turning Stone Pro
01-16-2005, 09:24 PM
Well-played on every street. God, I miss Foxwoods.

TSP

Punker
01-16-2005, 09:26 PM
I think betting the turn is terrible, since if you get raised, all the random aces will fold, which provide you with a large amount of implied odds if you river the 5

TStoneMBD
01-16-2005, 09:41 PM
didnt at all think of that punker, very good point.

34TheTruth34
01-17-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
sounds like with this table you can play this hand for a profit

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if I can or not, I just didn't want this hand to turn into a preflop debate, because I think there are some potentially interesting decisions to talk about here.

34TheTruth34
01-17-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think betting the turn is terrible, since if you get raised, all the random aces will fold, which provide you with a large amount of implied odds if you river the 5

[/ QUOTE ]

but is it worth it if I can get a hand like QJ to fold?? Thoughts about the rest of the hand??

etizzle
01-17-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think there are some potentially interesting decisions to talk about here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, you played it right. And its not close.

sfer
01-17-2005, 02:17 AM
The river's a blank to the button and unless he's the type to bet into two full tables of limpers on the turn without a pair it seems worthwhile to checkraise. I guess he misses a lot of value bets on the river for you to lead.

BWebb
01-17-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting overcards to fold, thus improving you chances to win, is FAR more important than trying to keep in aces in case you hit your gutshot. I don't even think this is close.

34TheTruth34
01-18-2005, 07:49 PM
Button calls and two other players called. I say sheepishly and almost like I don't believe it myself, "I have three fours". Much groaning ensues and the button gives me a wry smile as he flashes his soon-to-be-mucked black aces. I assume the others had tens?