PDA

View Full Version : NE/Pitt Line

tech
01-16-2005, 08:19 PM
7 min left in the game and next week's line is up. Too funny. Line is NE -2, by the way.

tech
01-16-2005, 08:40 PM
Just to add on to this ... I would expect the majority of the action to be on NE this week. If you like the Pats, it's probably best to get them early. If you like Pitt, it's probably best to wait.

All week the talk will be about how well NE played and how poorly Pitt played. We will hear over and over about how NE is motivated for the rematch. We will hear that there is no way a rookie QB can beat the Pats in the playoffs when Manning couldn't even do it.

In short, there might be value with the Steelers later in the week.

stickman
01-16-2005, 08:48 PM
I think you assumption is correct.

MicroBob
01-16-2005, 09:05 PM
I agree.

NE -2 is already at -120.
I expect it to move to -2.5 and maybe even -3 by the end of the week.

Peter_rus
01-16-2005, 10:07 PM
It's already at -3 +105 at Sportsinteraction. I'm thinking about the Steelers but will wait a few days.

craig r
01-16-2005, 10:21 PM
You could also buy it up to 3.5 -115. I don't think they are going to move off of the 3 on tnis one unless a lot of money poured in on NE. but you never know.

craig

Bigdaddydvo
01-16-2005, 11:39 PM
There's really only one correct bet next week....

GO STILLERS!!!

craig r
01-17-2005, 12:10 AM
I am sold. Thank you for your insight. Isn't the OOT much better for this?

craig

frank2752
01-17-2005, 12:31 AM
That's what I like to hear. Defending Super Bowl Champ? rookie QB against Belichek? Bill "Big game" Cowher coaching? Hmmmmm? I don't know?

I love you Steelers backers!!!! I can't wait to see the line in a week By the time the game starts, the money line on the pats will be +150.

Theodore Donald Kiravatsos
01-17-2005, 02:15 AM
What happened? An hour before kickoff, it was NE +1, and the game was PK at kickoff. I'm not trying to give you a hassle, I'm just curious as to why the public behaved very differently (loading up on IND) than everyone seemed to think?

BTW, I listen to a radio program on Fridays where the hosts speak to the bookmaker at Bally's (Johnny Avello) for a few minutes. He said they opened it at 3 and it got steadily bet down.

craig r
01-17-2005, 02:31 AM
I think it was common knowledge (amongst sportsbettors) that the public was backing IND. I made a post as soon as the line came out, and i am no genius when it comes to this. so, if i knew it everybody must have /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. I think the reason it went back up at kick off was that a lot of "sharp" money came in on NE. Hell, MicroBob got down on it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

craig

MicroBob
01-17-2005, 05:12 AM
Yes....it opened at -3 and I thought about taking IND with that line.
Then, hearing about the weather and combined with the rapidly changing line (along with me just changing my mind a bit) I was able to get NE +1.

this week is starting at -2 and I think might have a chance to make it to -3 by the end of the week. This is crossing key-point number of -2.5 all the way to -3....but I think the betting will be that heavy on the Pats.

Even the most loyal of PIT fans are crossing their fingers hoping they play better than they did last week....because they know that a mediocre game like they had against the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!!!! just isn't going to cut it.

MicroBob
01-17-2005, 05:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hell, MicroBob got down on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

and you KNOW damn well that if even I can figure it out then it must be REALLY obvious!!