PDA

View Full Version : Shoe In of the Week

11-01-2001, 02:27 PM
Even though they won and covered, I was not impressed with the Broncos performance last Sunday. New England basically self destructed. This week the Broncos travel to Oakland. I think the Raiders, if they stay healthy, have an outstanding chance of reprersenting the AFC in the Super Bowl. I expect their defense to shut down the Bronco's and Gannon is a hell of alot better QB than Brady. I know the Bronco's have had a history of beating the Raiders under Shanahan, but these are different teams this time around. I also expect the Raiders want to make a statement addressing this issue (especially on Monday night) and I look for them to win fairly easily. Take Oakland and give the 5 1/2. Its Big Al's shoe in of the week.--Big Al--

11-01-2001, 07:20 PM
good selection..i think the raiders are one of this season's team of destiny..gl

11-01-2001, 10:31 PM
Destiny after losing at home in the AFC Championship? Silly really to hear all these people saying the Raiders were "forgotten" to go to the Super Bowl when they started out the third favorites in the AFC. They have played a tough schedule so far and have fared very well. However this whole "lack of respect" talk from them is stupid and shows what kind of ridiculous motivation Gruden and his staff use. I have to say the Giants got disrespected all year, but the Raiders have no claim on that. Everyone in the league has been very wary of them and it has to make Denver chuckle to hear the Raiders try to make themselves the underdog. I think the line is about right here, I probably would have to take the points though as Denver always excels when they are clearly a dog in a game. Further the reason why they beat the Raiders is because the Raiders have a defense geared to go toe to toe against a running game. A running game like Miami where they try to knock you off the ball doesn't work well, but a Denver running game based on speed and trapping has an edge over a big defense that doesn't have great rush defense speed. Also don't underestimate the value of having TD back, he is without a doubt the best RB when he is healthy and I expect him to get almost all the yardage here. Raiders are a tough home team though and lack of depth at DB probably hurts the Broncos here. Tough call on the number, but I do like the under as I think the number is a bit high for a Raider game.

11-01-2001, 11:43 PM
but i think the black and silver gets the cash..gl

11-02-2001, 03:32 AM
How about including your season to date verifiable twoplustwo record on your "Shoe In" (sic) of the Week?

This is required at bj21.com and sharpsportsbetting.com. IMO, it should be required here as well.

11-02-2001, 08:19 AM
something like that, the shoe-in don't miss very often...gl

11-02-2001, 11:50 AM
Actually its 5-1-1 so far...and that is not counting the Oakland/Philly game which I picked here (and covered) but did not call it my shoe in because prerviously for the Thusrday night game I tabbed Indy in their game against KC and called that my shoe in of the week.--Big Al--

11-02-2001, 11:56 AM
Another strong play Alec.. Keep up the good work!!

11-02-2001, 05:54 PM
xx

11-02-2001, 07:26 PM
but it's hard to believe you've had a loser...gl..go black and silver...gr8 thing about betting davis's boys..they kick ass...gl

11-02-2001, 10:32 PM
Tough call on the number, but I do like the under as I think

the number is a bit high for a Raider game.

WildBill, I don't know if I"d recommend taking the under here.

Raider totals so far this year:

Week 1 : 51

Week 3 : 33

Week 4 : 52

Week 5 : 49

Week 6 : 41

Week 7 : 30

These totals don't really indicate to me that the Monday night game should go under. Not to mention Denver has been giving up some points lately. Last three games (including one at home) they gave up 20,27,34.

natedogg

11-03-2001, 01:19 AM
Sorry I should have clarified, but Raiders games that go over are often blowouts, something I am not expecting here. The Cowboys game was heading to blowout status and the Raiders almost let them back into a tie and the Chiefs game was just weird, turnovers all over the place and just not what you would expect. When the Raiders play a tight game they get very conservative and if they have a small lead their playbook becomes about 15 choices of rushing plays, 4 or 5 short passes (slants and quick outs), and then one bomb thrown in because its Al Davis. Denver will run the ball a lot here and I think fairly successfully at that. As long as one team doesn't get a huge lead early, this one is going to be a lot of ball control and punts. Don't underestimate Denver, this is the game they want and need badly. They know how to beat this team and they will go with their best game plan, which is to use the run.