PDA

View Full Version : $15/$30, AK Hand

theBruiser500
01-16-2005, 06:09 PM
PokerStars 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.66 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.83 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.83 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

Preflop I figured he 3 bet me so he probably has a pocket pair, no reason for me to cap vs. a pocket pair since there is no one else in the pot just HU. On the flop what should my plan be? I was going to check/call flop then fold to turn without improvement. Turn comes and I figure I have enough outs to continue with the hand... On the river I thought he might check behind with many worse hands that he might call with. Don't know what I would have done if he raised though.

weevil
01-16-2005, 06:24 PM
What's your read on the guy? If he's loose aggressive I would cap the preflop, and three bet him on the flop. If he capped on the flop, then I'd slow down and check-call to the river. Just calling his raise allows him to semibluff with something like AJ or AQd, where he picks up his pair or flush draw on the turn but might have folded to your reraise. If he's the type of player who never folds two overs heads up even on this scare board, you check call him down. Regardless, I hate your bet out on the river. AQd would've been one of his more likely hands if he's loose aggressive, and now he's got a flipping royal :P I think a lot of likely holdings are helped here leaving you way behind (as far as possible holdings you can beat, only AJ and QJ not of diamonds can you beat or pocket queens). Not enough to where you don't check call him down though, inducing a bluff, hoping he has one of those or a lower pocket pair. Again, depends on your read of the guy. I would bail on the turn after three betting on the flop if the player was fairly tight and bet again on the turn.