PDA

View Full Version : How would you have played this differently?

CripAces
01-16-2005, 04:16 PM
So I am playing in the 5+1 MTT on party(I know, but forgive me I'm poor) and this hand happens. What would you have done differently?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t1040)
SB (t2130)
BB (t925)
UTG (t2110)
Hero (t1665)
UTG+2 (t1045)
MP1 (t1180)
MP2 (t840)
MP3 (t1055)
CO (t1010)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls t20, Hero calls t20, UTG+2 calls t20, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls t20, SB completes, BB checks.

Now since I was UTG I was looking to limp raise here and isolate. Sadly no one raised and so it was not to be.

Flop: (t120) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t120</font>, UTG+2 calls t120, Button calls t120, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: (t480) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t200</font>, UTG+2 calls t200, Button calls t200.

Upon retrospect I don't like this bet, but I don't like losing the lead in a hand and since I had the As I thought that it would be ok, though I know risky

River: (t1080) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: t1080
On the river I bet both of them all in which I think was a bigger mistake, because it forces me to be called by only things that can beat me.(ahh how hindsight is 20/20)

Anyway how would you have played the hand? thanks for you thoughts

result in white
<font color="white"> Button had KTo full the full house of course</font>

Lloyd
01-16-2005, 05:08 PM
If you're first to enter the pot you MIGHT consider limping with Aces, but I would never limp after somebody else has already done so. You're just making it too enticing for others to limp behind. So as it turns out you have 5 opponents including the blinds so who knows what hands you're up against.

Your flop bet is fine. Who knows what they have when they call. You could be up against a set, two pair, or top pair. The K on the flop is definitely a killer. You are now definitely behind and someone possibly has a full house. At this point I would check and fold as even if you make your flush you don't know if it's good. If by some miracle neither of your opponents have a K, they will almost definitely check behind you. On the river I would check and probably call a reasonable bet. Alternatively you could make a blocking bet of around 300. It's possible that someone with a small full house would just call so you could see a showdown a little more cheaply.

PapiChulo503
01-16-2005, 09:01 PM
This is how I would have played that.

Pre-flop:
I would have raised at least 3xBB, that would eliminate some of the field and give you somekind of an idea where your at.

I like limping only if your CERTAIN that someone else will bet.

Flop:
I like the flop bet. Now I would try to find a range of hands that the callers might play.
AA-yup
KK-yup
QQ-yup
JJ-yup
10's-yup
AK-Yup
AQ-Yup

KQ-K8

With $120 in the pot the opponents are getting 2 to 1 for calling this bet. I would then narrow down which hands are worth $120.

AA-possible but not likely
KK-yup
QQ-Maybe,
JJ-probably not
10's-probably not
AK-Yup

KQ-K6-yup

77-yup
66-yup
89-yup
54-yup
910-yup

Turn:
The turn card is very scary. I would bet appx 3/4 of the pot because WE came out betting from early position indicationg that we are strong, representing AA-KK, 66, 77 or Ax's. If someone calls they are calling with a Fullhouse,SET or the made flush. If I were going to lay it down maybe this would be the spot. Were not completely dead though because We are still drawing to the NUT flush. or a better set. That means we have about 11 outs to win unless someone already has the full house.

River:

Why bet when your only getting called by hands that beat you. I might have checked in hopes that someone made a weaker flush and bet. I would have thought I had the best hand also.

Well thats it, thats how I would approach that. Please pick it apart and let me know where there are holes in my thinking. I play $5+1 MTT and im looking to move up.