PDA

View Full Version : who else is watching the superbowl today?

daryn
01-16-2005, 03:10 PM
it's on at 4:30 EST.

balkii
01-16-2005, 03:14 PM
wow

i didnt even know that was today. man life is great without TV or newspapers

Sponger15SB
01-16-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I made this same joke last night.

Whoever wins this one has like an 80% chance of winning the superbowl.

daryn
01-16-2005, 03:18 PM
the difference is nobody listens to you /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

sublime
01-16-2005, 03:26 PM

its probably closer to 40% than 80%

BottlesOf
01-16-2005, 03:28 PM
LAME!

Clarkmeister
01-16-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I made this same joke last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell you what. You can have the Pats and Colts to win the Superbowl, and I'll take everyone else and the 4-1 odds you are implying. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sublime
01-16-2005, 03:34 PM
l you what. You can have the Pats and Colts to win the Superbowl, and I'll take everyone else and the 4-1 odds you are implying

ding ding ding

pshreck
01-16-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its probably lower than that even.

Write off the Steelers because they had one bad game, and ignore Vicks Performance or any chance of an Eagles resurgence...

Steelers were dominant all season... the falcons played amazing yesterday.... the Eagles are currently mopping up, offensively and defensively, on the Vikings.

This is far from 'the superbowl', but it will be an amazing game for other reasons (mainly no one has any idea who will win).

Slacker13
01-16-2005, 03:38 PM
I am anticipating one hell of a game.

lastchance
01-16-2005, 03:42 PM
Tell you what Sponger.

You can have the Colts and Pats, and I'll take the Steelers alone, with your 4 to 1 odds.

sublime
01-16-2005, 03:46 PM
Its probably lower than that even

ehhh, close. there will be four teams left, meaning if all things were equal they would have a 25% chance. that number drops a little when you consider they have to beat pittsburg at home, but that fact that they will probably be a 5-7pt favorite aganist any team from the NFC makes up for that. i would say:

pitts 35%
ne/indy 30%
philly 20% (if they win)
atl 15%

just off the top of my head

Sponger15SB
01-16-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Tell you what. You can have the Pats and Colts to win the Superbowl, and I'll take everyone else and the 4-1 odds you are implying. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright fine, do you have money in stars? (my guess in no)

If pats/indy win the super bowl, you transfer me $1, if not, I'll give you $4

Clarkmeister
01-16-2005, 03:49 PM
Your guess is correct. We could paypal it, but its not really worth it for $4. Up to you. How about we make it an avatar bet, 1 day vs 4 days instead?

Sponger15SB
01-16-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your guess is correct. We could paypal it, but its not really worth it for $4. Up to you. How about we make it an avatar bet, 1 day vs 4 days instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can agree to that.

Ozzzz
01-16-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its probably lower than that even.

Write off the Steelers because they had one bad game, and ignore Vicks Performance or any chance of an Eagles resurgence...

Steelers were dominant all season... the falcons played amazing yesterday.... the Eagles are currently mopping up, offensively and defensively, on the Vikings.

This is far from 'the superbowl', but it will be an amazing game for other reasons (mainly no one has any idea who will win).

[/ QUOTE ]

The Steelers game WAS pretty bad though. It was only 1 game, but I think it turned them from a small favorite next week to a small underdog. They cannot afford a game anywhere near as bad from Roethelisgbierugerer.

The Eagles have a decent chance to beat Indy/NE, but will definitely be the underdog if they make it there. And the Falcons aren't anywhere near the vicinity of the Pats/Indy/Pit/Phi. So they blew out by far the worst team ever to make the 2nd round of the playoffs..... I'm not impressed. They overachieved all year and probably would not have made the playoffs in the AFC.

Indy/NE I would probably give a 60% chance vs. Pit and a 67% chance against Phi (assuming Atlanta doesn't pull off the upset and the Vikes don't come back). So that leaves it at 40% to win the Super Bowl, by my calculations. Just my opinion though... 80% of course is ridiculous.

cnfuzzd
01-16-2005, 04:06 PM
picking on the children? and isnt ed married? Something we should know?

peace

john nickle

Rick Diesel
01-16-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was only 1 game, but I think it turned them from a small favorite next week to a small underdog.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way in hell the Steelers will not be favored next week, regardless of who wins. I am not saying they will win the game, just that there is no way they won't be favored.

And it's not close.

NoChance
01-16-2005, 04:59 PM
The Steelers are still favored to win the Super Bowl. How can they not be favored next week?

Rick Diesel
01-16-2005, 05:01 PM
What, is ESPN classic showing reruns from prior years?

Indy is on a roll, and they will be tough if they win today, but New England is highly unlikely to win three in a row against Indy, at Pittsburgh, and against either Philly or Atlanta in the Super Bowl.

With their secondary banged up, They will have to probably score over 30 points every game to do it, and I just don't see that happening. Particularly against Pittsburgh, Philly or Atlanta. Probably the three best defenses in the NFL this year.

sublime
01-16-2005, 05:01 PM
The Steelers are still favored to win the Super Bowl. How can they not be favored next week?

i GUARANTEE if the colts win today they will be favorites at some point during the week. you guys are underestimating how much public (dumb) money gets poured into these games. IMO, the steelers are the favorites no matter what.

NoChance
01-16-2005, 05:06 PM
Unless the Colts somehow become the favorites to win the Super Bowl on a neutral field, there is NO WAY they will be favorites at the Steelers home field.

My prediction:

If the Colts win it's the Steelers -2.5 next week.
If the Pats win, it's the Steelers -1 next week.

Remember, the Steelers secondary isn't banged up. That's the only thing bringing the line down this week.

Ozzzz
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It was only 1 game, but I think it turned them from a small favorite next week to a small underdog.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way in hell the Steelers will not be favored next week, regardless of who wins. I am not saying they will win the game, just that there is no way they won't be favored.

And it's not close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong, but from what I saw of the AFC odds report prior to the playoffs, the Steelers were given a very slight edge to reach the super bowl over the pats (and a bigger one over Indy). This is despite the fact that they had a MUCH easier road to the Super Bowl. I thought that implied that the oddsmakers thought the Pats had a better chance heads up against Pit. If it didn't, then those odds were stupid. I personally thought that they gave way too good odds on Pit, who before yesterday I thought was a clear favorite.

If Pit is favored next week, I would certainly take whoever wins Indy/NE to win the game. I seriously doubt that it will not be close.

sublime
With their secondary banged up, They will have to probably score over 30 points every game to do it, and I just don't see that happening. Particularly against Pittsburgh, Philly or Atlanta. Probably the three best defenses in the NFL this year

over 16 games they gave up 30pts once. now they need to average that to win 3 games? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

KungFuSandwich
01-16-2005, 05:11 PM
Colts beat Atlanta in the superbowl.

sublime
01-16-2005, 05:11 PM
Unless the Colts somehow become the favorites to win the Super Bowl on a neutral field, there is NO WAY they will be favorites at the Steelers home field.

you are confusing "real odds" with the actual line (which is much like a stock, bought and sold on demand)

Clarkmeister
01-16-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i GUARANTEE if the colts win today they will be favorites at some point during the week. you guys are underestimating how much public (dumb) money gets poured into these games. IMO, the steelers are the favorites no matter what.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much are you willing to bet, and what site are we using to determine the winner.

sublime
01-16-2005, 05:20 PM
How much are you willing to bet, and what site are we using to determine the winner.

sorry man, i dont donate money like that. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

i am gonna change my words to "a very good chance they will be favorites at some point"

sublime
01-16-2005, 05:22 PM

as a side note, you have seen the ridiculous posts about todays game being the super bowl. you doubt the rest of square nation feels that way after pitts showing yesterday? especially if the sexy colts win?

daryn
01-16-2005, 05:23 PM
seriously.

pittsburgh blows and the NFC blows. this ain't rocket science.

sublime
01-16-2005, 05:25 PM

pittsburg
A) doesnt blow
B) will be at home

daryn
01-16-2005, 05:28 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

pittsburg
A) doesnt blow
B) will be at home

[/ QUOTE ]

you must have missed the game yesterday

NoChance
01-16-2005, 05:30 PM
I saw it.

FYI, the Jets lost.

sublime
01-16-2005, 05:31 PM

ohhh you mean the one they won, agaisnt a pretty good team? actually i saw it, and a decent amnout of the other 15 they won.

Zoltri
01-16-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
pittsburgh blows and the NFC blows.

[/ QUOTE ]
They were lucky to beat a team that played 3 straight road games, all going OT. I dont like rookie qb's this time of year. Give me either Manning or Brady over Big Ben any day.

BottlesOf
01-16-2005, 05:37 PM
You a sharp?

pshreck
01-16-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

as a side note, you have seen the ridiculous posts about todays game being the super bowl. you doubt the rest of square nation feels that way after pitts showing yesterday? especially if the sexy colts win?

[/ QUOTE ]

Say all you want, Pittsburgh will be the favorite next week, and it's not because the linemakers are ignorant.

The Steelers have not lost at home this season.

They have already beat the Patriots.

If anything, I might concede that next week's game might be the Superbowl. But considering I was born and raised in the city of Philadelphia, I won't.

sublime
01-16-2005, 05:39 PM
They were lucky to beat a team that played 3 straight road games, all going OT. I dont like rookie qb's this time of year. Give me either Manning or Brady over Big Ben any day

sure, i agree with you but that doesnt mean today is the superbowl. in a vaccum this all sounds good, but the games are played on grass/turf and by humans who do unpredictable things. as i stated before, whoever wins this game is still not favored to win the superbowl. pittsburg is.

sublime
01-16-2005, 05:40 PM
Say all you want, Pittsburgh will be the favorite next week, and it's not because the linemakers are ignorant

umm, were you responding to me directly? because you just said just about everything i did.

Sponger15SB
01-16-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

FYI, the Jets lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah cause pitt played well?
&lt;---------------------------

pshreck
01-16-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Say all you want, Pittsburgh will be the favorite next week, and it's not because the linemakers are ignorant

umm, were you responding to me directly? because you just said just about everything i did.

[/ QUOTE ]
Definetly clicked on the wrong quote post. I was calling up Daryn. I am in agreeance with you, my good sir.

Zoltri
01-16-2005, 05:44 PM
I look for Troy Brown to have a great game today.
This guy is money.

NoChance
01-16-2005, 05:49 PM
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> Yeah cause pitt played well? </pre><hr />

Not at all. Well, the defense did.

Not many teams are going to win a playoff game where the offense struggles and they lose the turnover battle. They overcame that.

I tell you what, no team that lost to Miami deserves to go to the Super Bowl. You can say they had a bad game...but they still lost. Pittsburgh had a bad game yesterday but they still came out on top.

There is no point to arguing here. Nobody is going to change anyone else's opinion. That's why they play the games. We shall see.

daryn
01-16-2005, 05:56 PM

ohhh you mean the one they won, agaisnt a pretty good team? actually i saw it, and a decent amnout of the other 15 they won.

[/ QUOTE ]

at this point i have to assume you are joking. good one! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

the jets were the worst team in the playoffs. AND pitt still almost gave them the game twice. if the jets weren't so horrible pitt would be out.

BottlesOf
01-16-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the jets were the worst team in the playoffs

[/ QUOTE ]

This is borderline retarded.

daryn
01-16-2005, 05:59 PM
the jets were the worst team in the playoffs

[/ QUOTE ]

This is borderline retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

oops.. from the AFC i mean.

BottlesOf
01-16-2005, 06:00 PM
That's better, but you're still forgetting about the Broncos.

And the Jets did beat the Chargers twice in SD.

sublime
01-16-2005, 06:03 PM
the jets were the worst team in the playoffs.

by whos accord? i would rank at least three teams in the NFC that were worse, never mind the team they beat in the playoffs. o yeah and winning 10 games.

again, the winner of this game will have roughly a 30% chance of winning the super bowl.

edit: saw you meant the AFC. again you are still wrong. as bill parcells would say "you are what you are" and what pittsburg is today is still the team hosting the AFC championship.

sublime
01-16-2005, 08:30 PM
I tell you what, no team that lost to Miami deserves to go to the Super Bowl

ohh man, this week will bet better than the indy week. daryn, start saving all these quotes. the fans might make more idiotic statements than the players /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

daryn
01-16-2005, 08:31 PM
the fans might make more idiotic statements than the players

[/ QUOTE ]

pittsburgh fans? doubtless.

Rick Diesel
01-16-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Give me either Manning or Brady over Big Ben any day.

[/ QUOTE ]

No [censored] genius. I hope it didnt take you too long to figure out that one. The problem is that Pittsburgh is better in every other phase of offense and defense than either Indianapolis or New England (not including special teams, as Pittsburgh's special teams are pretty bad).