PDA

View Full Version : And the Blind Battle rages...... Almost Prepared to Cap Every Street.

MAxx
01-16-2005, 11:51 AM
No read on Villain except that I successfully took his blind money on the prior orbit..... only orbit with him. Prior hand I probably had a better starting hand and neither of us flopped anything and I lead and took pot and he probably suspected it, but what can he do?

Next orbit, I think its safe to say we both like our Hands... Do you play it the same? Results to follow....

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (16 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB

RunDownHouse
01-16-2005, 12:21 PM
I'm not sure I'd slow down on the river. I think the flush is pretty unlikely given that you led the turn and he still wanted it capped. So you're only behind to AA and JJ. I doubt JJ would go to war on the turn like that, so that leaves AA, and I don't give him credit for that until he 3-bets the river.

villafan
01-16-2005, 01:06 PM
I would also raise the river. His threebet pre flop and cap on flop and turn makes me believe he has an A, and therefore can not have two clubs.

MAxx
01-16-2005, 05:09 PM
Results: I charged him the Maximum for his /images/graemlins/club.gif draw. Villain has KQ /images/graemlins/club.gifs, MHING.

When he capped turn I was starting to worry about AA. Up until that point I thought he was going overboard with some other lesser hand. When /images/graemlins/club.gif hit river, I got to thinking a little harder... and did not want to reward the flush draw like I have done quite a bit of. I also don't think most opponents would play his AA that fast head up in that situation. If a non club fell, I may not have capped... but it would have pretty close.

Truth of the matter is that many opponents will cap turn with a draw occasionally when they get a little heated. This is an extreme case.