PDA

View Full Version : spyhard sighting

ChrisV
01-16-2005, 08:45 AM
I've just been to Melbourne for 10 days, partly to play in the tournaments and side games of the Australian Poker Championships. I won't post a full Daliman-style trip report, largely because I lost almost $A 5K ($US 4K ish) for the trip, probably 1.5K of which was my fault, and I don't want to relive the horror.

Anyway in one of the 30/60 games, I overheard a conversation at the other end of the table about the Step tourneys on Party. A young gentleman at the other end of the table was claiming that he'd been playing the two table Step 5's since they started and was now winning thousands a day. I leant over and asked him his Party nick. He first of all gave me his new nick, which I've seen around the place (and won't reveal), and then mentioned his old nick, which was... spyhard!

I went up and shook his hand and chatted for a bit. Having taken a break over the New Year, he was unaware of the existence of the single table Steps and was pretty excited. He'd won one of the Aussie Millions satellites on Party and so is due to play the $1 million first prize tourney being run on Jan 18-20th.

He was also on his fifth triple Absolut on ice when I was talking to him. Rock on!

byronkincaid
01-16-2005, 12:17 PM
Hope you didn't tell him about this forum. Don't wanna educate the fish.

Prickly Pete
01-16-2005, 04:08 PM
I bet he sucks at playing in live tourneys since he has to play outside the 8 seat 90% of the time.

Oluwafemi
01-16-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've just been to Melbourne for 10 days, partly to play in the tournaments and side games of the Australian Poker Championships. I won't post a full Daliman-style trip report, largely because I lost almost $A 5K ($US 4K ish) for the trip, probably 1.5K of which was my fault, and I don't want to relive the horror.

Anyway in one of the 30/60 games, I overheard a conversation at the other end of the table about the Step tourneys on Party. A young gentleman at the other end of the table was claiming that he'd been playing the two table Step 5's since they started and was now winning thousands a day. I leant over and asked him his Party nick. He first of all gave me his new nick, which I've seen around the place (and won't reveal), and then mentioned his old nick, which was... spyhard!

I went up and shook his hand and chatted for a bit. Having taken a break over the New Year, he was unaware of the existence of the single table Steps and was pretty excited. He'd won one of the Aussie Millions satellites on Party and so is due to play the $1 million first prize tourney being run on Jan 18-20th.

He was also on his fifth triple Absolut on ice when I was talking to him. Rock on!

[/ QUOTE ]

so what's his new nick? oh, and BTW, what's your Party nick?

Oluwafemi
01-16-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so what's his new nick? oh, and BTW, what's your Party nick?

[/ QUOTE ]

nevermind.