View Full Version : My first three days as a professional poker player....

TheMetetron
01-16-2005, 08:14 AM
So the first three days are over with... unfortunately, it sucks to have started this chapter of my life by posting three consecutive losing days, but what can you do. Anyways, in keeping with not wanting to clutter this forum up, you can now find my complete blog of this thing at the URL below. I will probably update it every couple of days and once a month I will post here in the Zoo with a small update for those that are only peripherally interested. Thanks guys for your support again!

http://nick.moreles.com/blog/

-Nick

PS - Please leave comments in the blog, though I suppose you can leave them here too if you like /images/graemlins/smile.gif Oh and for those of you who haven't read the original post, check out this link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1536348&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1).

toss
01-16-2005, 09:54 AM
Hang in there buddy.

rerazor
01-16-2005, 11:13 AM
I'd just like to warn you and anyone else about the perils of all-day poker play, especially with 8 tables. Odds are eventually you're going to develop some RTS symptoms if you don't scale it back some. Watch your ergonomics and take breaks.

Good luck =)

TheMetetron
01-16-2005, 03:31 PM
Yeah this is a real concern of mine; we will see how it works out.

csuf_gambler
01-16-2005, 03:42 PM
whats rts?

touchfaith
01-16-2005, 03:46 PM
I think he meant CTS.

Dont forget, you can use 2 mice at the same time. I either use both a left and right, or a right and a marbleman trackball...

Helps a LOT.

GL

TheMetetron
01-16-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think he meant CTS.

Dont forget, you can use 2 mice at the same time. I either use both a left and right, or a right and a marbleman trackball...

Helps a LOT.

GL

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you use 2 mice; and with two cursors showing up?? Might look into that...

cnfuzzd
01-16-2005, 04:01 PM
keep truckin. put some hands up in the blog, its good therapy.

peace

john nickle

touchfaith
01-16-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think he meant CTS.

Helps a LOT.

GL

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you use 2 mice; and with two cursors showing up?? Might look into that...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are running XP, just plug them in. I use one PS2 style and one USB, but that shouldn't matter...

You only get one pointer, which either mouse will move, but it allows you to switch instantly...

Enjoy.

TheMetetron
01-16-2005, 04:16 PM
Hmm, I'll see if that does anything. Thanks for the tip.

Oh yeah, I'll try to put some hand histories in like was suggested and I'm thinking I am going to have to post daily to the blog because I honestly cant remember enough stuff..

Anyways, thanks guys for the support.

Rudbaeck
01-16-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah this is a real concern of mine; we will see how it works out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You want
a) A vertical mouse. Or one with a joystick grip, but I find those hard to use myself.
b) A mouse for your off hand.
c) A trackball.
d) A top of the line office chair. Miller's Aeron is popular. New ones are kinda expensive at well over $1000, but you can find em auctioned off when posh companies go belly up.
e) A movable elbow support for your primary arm. A double jointed one is very good, so it can follow your arm movements.
f) A really good desk, where each surface can be adjusted individually.

Getting a, b and c might seem extreme. But once your carpal tunnels go bad there is very little you can do. An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure when there is no cure to get a pound of!

beernutz
01-16-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So the first three days are over with... unfortunately, it sucks to have started this chapter of my life by posting three consecutive losing days, but what can you do. Anyways, in keeping with not wanting to clutter this forum up, you can now find my complete blog of this thing at the URL below. I will probably update it every couple of days and once a month I will post here in the Zoo with a small update for those that are only peripherally interested. Thanks guys for your support again!

http://nick.moreles.com/blog/

-Nick

PS - Please leave comments in the blog, though I suppose you can leave them here too if you like /images/graemlins/smile.gif Oh and for those of you who haven't read the original post, check out this link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1536348&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm getting an error trying to access your blog. Is that link incorrect or is the site down?

TheMetetron
01-16-2005, 05:22 PM
Link just worked for me... what's the error??

ClaytonN
01-16-2005, 05:39 PM
Didn't work earlier, works now

mosta
01-16-2005, 10:36 PM
you use three different pointing devices at the same time?? could you elaborate? I was thinking of getting a second, something like a light-pen / touchscreen for getting to the vicinity/ the appropriate screen and table, in one move with the left hand, and then use my trackball on the right for fine control and the actual click. and what is a desk with every surface adjustable?

4thstreetpete
01-16-2005, 11:06 PM
hang in there bud. I've bookmarked your blog and will be checking it regularly, I love blogs. Especially from aspiring pro players because I feel like I'm heading down that route in the near future and would like to see what the day to day life is like.

Best of luck.

TheMetetron
01-17-2005, 02:47 AM
Thanks for the support (didn't see your post earlier!). That's who I am hoping reads the blog, people interested in eventually trying to do this for a living themselves somewhere down the road. People who are already doing it likely won't find it very interesting IMHO at least.

solucky
01-17-2005, 11:37 AM
have bookmarked it and hope your bankroll is not to small.

good luck Wolfgang

SlantNGo
01-17-2005, 11:52 AM
Is a trackball really that much better for you? Everytime I use a trackball I feel like I'll get arthritis in my thumb.