PDA

View Full Version : Could you eat a 6-pound hamburger?

Dynasty
01-16-2005, 06:35 AM
Apparently, it's very hard to do it since nobody has met Denny's Beer Barrel Pub Challenge until Kate Stlenick, 19, recently did it (http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?floc=FF-APO-1120&idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20050114%2F2111333878.htm&sc=1120).

It doesn't look so big. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

http://xo.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/dennyburger.jpg

Reef
01-16-2005, 07:05 AM
how in the hell did she do that? If a 420lb competitive eater could not, I don't see anyway this 100lb chick could unless she was a 100lb competitive eater herself.

dr. klopek
01-16-2005, 07:16 AM
Competitive eating is foul.

ethan
01-16-2005, 07:16 AM
I can definitely do half, but I don't have a chance at the whole thing.

And no, it's not close.

CWsports
01-16-2005, 07:37 AM
there's no way I'm eating 5 pounds of rabbit food on top of the 6 pound hamburger

Duke
01-16-2005, 08:00 AM
I'm fairly confident that Kobayashi could down the whole thing in under 20 minutes. If he can eat 6 pounds of cow brain in 10 minutes I doubt it'd even be a challenge.

~D

jakethebake
01-16-2005, 12:27 PM

Kate Stlenick is one u8nattractive woman!

kyro
01-16-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Kate Stlenick is one u8nattractive woman!

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd do her

Toro
01-16-2005, 01:34 PM
I think I saw this place on the Travel channel. The meal comes with a barf bag.

TimTimSalabim
01-16-2005, 01:36 PM
They should have said 100 errrr... 111 pound woman.

Just the 1 1/4 pounds of cheese alone makes me cringe.

codewarrior
01-16-2005, 01:41 PM
I've done four pounds of prime rib. Mmmmm... bloody goodness.... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

wacki
01-16-2005, 02:34 PM
Let me think..... She's 100 lbs. and she can out eat a 420 pound food eating champ. Hmmmmm.....

Could this be her secret weapon? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulemia)

Sponger15SB
01-16-2005, 02:46 PM
I don't think I could eat a 1/2 lb burger.

My appetite is tiny. The other day I bought a small sub at quizno's and didn't finish it! /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

daryn
01-16-2005, 03:22 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Let me think..... She's 100 lbs. and she can out eat a 420 pound food eating champ. Hmmmmm.....

Could this be her secret weapon? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulemia)

[/ QUOTE ]

fat guys are worse because of their fat. it doesn't let the stomach expand enough.

slickpoppa
01-16-2005, 03:49 PM
i wonder what kind of bowel movement she had after that

jakethebake
01-16-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you imagine a cow patty coming out of a 100 lb woman? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

TimTimSalabim
01-16-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if she's still alive.

MasterShakes
01-16-2005, 05:07 PM
In case you want to know what she looks like, there are pictures of her as she eats the burger here - http://www.xo.typepad.com/. Not bad at all apparently.

If it were just the burger, the buns and some ketchup or mayo or something, then yes, I think I could eat it. But all of that lettuce and tomato and onion would ruin me for sure. I wonder if you have to eat everything seen in the picture or if you can "have it your way".

cnfuzzd
01-16-2005, 05:09 PM
theres a woman who can handle her meat....

peace

john nickle

TimTimSalabim
01-16-2005, 05:15 PM
Check out the red eye in the last photo. Just what I thought, she's an alien.

Dangergirl
01-16-2005, 05:43 PM
I doubt I could even finish one of those buns. I can't believe she at the whole thing heh. Reminds me of that kid that always wins the hot dog eating contests. He's small.

wacki
01-16-2005, 06:00 PM
Kate Stelnick, 19, of Princeton, N.J., made the five-hour drive with two friends from The College of New Jersey on Wednesday, after they saw pictures of the monster burger, dubbed the Ye Old 96er, on the Internet and on TV's Food Network.

``I just saw it on TV and I really thought I could do it,'' Stelnick said, after downing the burger in two hours, 54 minutes.

5 hour drive???? Just for a burger???? She sounds like a pretty cool chick.

daryn
01-16-2005, 06:03 PM
wicked cool.

vulturesrow
01-16-2005, 06:20 PM
I honestly think I could do that. Ive won several bar bets and such off of buddies of mine due to various eating feats. That being siad, that is one serious looking hamburger. Still the fact it hasnt been done until now makes me have some doubt. As someone else pointed, all that rabbit food on top is probably what makes it really tough. Of course Id have to try to at least get the onions taken off. The only way I eat an onion is if has been fried extensively. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

courttv_addict
01-16-2005, 06:39 PM
That is just disgusting, what would compel someone to attempt this?

cnfuzzd
01-16-2005, 06:46 PM
wow. good first post.

peace

john nickle

Lawrence Ng
01-16-2005, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how in the hell did she do that? If a 420lb competitive eater could not, I don't see anyway this 100lb chick could unless she was a 100lb competitive eater herself.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called hyper metabolism. Yes it can be done.

Lawrence

Wake up CALL
01-16-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes it can be done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously it can be done, in fact it was done. Have you seen the pics? Noone here thought the feat was a CIA conspiracy or completed by use of trick photography. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Besides I could eat a six pound furburger!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

daryn
01-16-2005, 08:13 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it has little to do with metabolism

J_V
01-16-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Obviously it can be done, in fact it was done. Have you seen the pics? Noone here thought the feat was a CIA conspiracy or completed by use of trick photography.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I am glad we are lucky to have Lawrence around to tell us what IS and ISN'T.

Reef
01-16-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Noone here thought the feat was a CIA conspiracy ..

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm alone on this one

Cubswin
01-16-2005, 08:40 PM

with a pound and a quarter of cheese that had to be interesting....

wacki
01-16-2005, 08:45 PM
A normal stomach can stretch to 6x it's normal size. There is a genetic disorder called Ehlers-Danlos syndrome which results in hyperelastic skin. Maybe she has something similar but in the stomach.

ThaSaltCracka
01-16-2005, 08:46 PM
this is completely disgusting, and that girl is far less attractive after doing this as well.

college_boy
01-16-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That is just disgusting, what would compel someone to attempt this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the forums.

Clarkmeister
01-16-2005, 09:09 PM
"Could you eat a 6-pound hamburger?"

No.

Dynasty
01-16-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's only 24 QuarterPounders. Or, if you prefer, 24 Chessburger Royales.

Clarkmeister
01-16-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's only 24 QuarterPounders. Or, if you prefer, 24 Chessburger Royales.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored]. It'd take me a week to eat 24 QPC's.

bugstud
01-16-2005, 09:19 PM
I can do it in a 24 hour span, any shorter would be hard

fatmongo
01-16-2005, 11:11 PM
3hrs seems like a long time limit. Doesn't that 72oz steak challenge allow you 60 mins? or maybe 90? I'd like to think I could down that burger in under 3hrs. Actually I don't know if I've ever sat down at a table for a meal for that long. Seems like forever just thinking about it.

Rick Nebiolo
01-17-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I doubt I could even finish one of those buns. I can't believe she at the whole thing heh. Reminds me of that kid that always wins the hot dog eating contests. He's small.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw the hot dog eating contest and the Asian guy who won was relatively small. Maybe he was the guy. Anyway, one trick he and most of them used was to dip the buns in water so they sort of fell apart in the mouth.

My best is a double 1/2 pound Fatburger (one pound of meat total). I held the cheese and mayo because I was on a diet /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

~ Rick

brassnuts
01-17-2005, 01:49 AM
Wacki, you seem to be most knowledgable all around poster, espicially conceringin medical issues? What do you do for a profession?

Zetack
01-17-2005, 02:30 AM
Man, saying its a six pound burger is seriously devaluing the difficulty of the task, when the whole deal weighs 11 pounds. And I suppose they probably won't let you substititute two cups of ketchup for the cup of mayonaise and cup of relish...those two would be real sticking points for me...

--Zetack

Skip Brutale
01-17-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Kate Stelnick, 19, of Princeton, N.J., made the five-hour drive with two friends from The College of New Jersey on Wednesday, after they saw pictures of the monster burger, dubbed the Ye Old 96er, on the Internet and on TV's Food Network.

``I just saw it on TV and I really thought I could do it,'' Stelnick said, after downing the burger in two hours, 54 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking that someone who drives 5 hours to try to eat a 6-pound burger isn't very cool.

Ulysses
01-17-2005, 05:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

Does she also have hyper-digestion?

realwtf
01-17-2005, 06:19 AM
She must have taken one big dump afterwords.

daryn
01-17-2005, 02:08 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking that someone who drives 5 hours to try to eat a 6-pound burger isn't very cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

she is if she's a chick. a dude who does this is most likely a loser.

jakethebake
01-17-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was thinking the opposite.

ThaSaltCracka
01-17-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was thinking the opposite.

[/ QUOTE ]
me too. eating a lot is a manly endeavour and should never be applauded when a female does it.

wacki
01-17-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wacki, you seem to be most knowledgable all around poster, espicially conceringin medical issues? What do you do for a profession?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am what you call a computational biologist. I have had jobs in genomics, website developement/administration, cancer, astrobiology, infectious disease (that was a fun one), robotics, phylogeny, and cellular division research (current). So you can say I do a lot of things for a living. My dad is a lawyer/slightly political, my sister is a OB/GYN, one brother is in business and the other is doing some very cool work for the military. I learn a lot from them as well.

wacki
01-17-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
me too. eating a lot is a manly endeavour and should never be applauded when a female does it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about a 100lb female that still watches her weight?

ThaSaltCracka
01-17-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about a 100lb female that still watches her weight?

[/ QUOTE ]I will not applaud!

wacki
01-17-2005, 04:33 PM
I will. The one great thing about fraternity life is that you learn a lot about people. The "hottest" female house on campus was Pi Phi's. There were guys in my house that were always working to bag another Pi Phi. Those girls drove mercedes and couldn't stand it when a little beer got spilt on their $200 dollar pair of jeans. I hated those girls. Parties with Pi Phi's blew big time. Tri Delts, Dee Zee's, and Gamma Phi's were totally different. Those girls were just as good looking, knew how to dress, and weren't afraid to challenge a man in a beer bonging contest. I miss those girls so much. They were amazing. Trust me Salt, if you run into a 100lb blonde that is crazy enough to drive 5 hours for a burger eating contest you are a moron if you don't take the chance to get to know her.

Who would you rather have at your party? Someone that cringes and complains nonstop when a few drops of beer gets spilt on her or that 100lb girl that drove 5 hours for a burger?

EliteNinja
01-22-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who would you rather have at your party? Someone that cringes and complains nonstop when a few drops of beer gets spilt on her or that 100lb girl that drove 5 hours for a burger?

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree.

No. But I could probably eat a 100lb girl who can eat a 6-pound hamburger.

PhatPots
01-22-2005, 11:59 PM
Ha! I just got sent an article about that. I would like to try it. One think that comes to mind though, is that it is really more like meat loaf than a hamburger. I saw it on top5 on the food network.

Cheers,
Pots

AEKDBet
02-28-2005, 08:35 PM
Its all about elasticity of the stomach + hunger. Being fat is a big disadvantage here. Hunger for an underweight person is much more pronounced than a fat person.

I know of a case where a person was stranded for some long duration of time, starving. When they got back to civiliazation they gorged while out of medical supervision.... and ruptered their stomach killing them.

Anyway I am doing this in 3 weeks. I will make 2+2 proud. But there sure is a lot of freaking cheese on that thing... gonna be a rough 24 hours after.