PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Stamina

The Dude
01-16-2005, 05:39 AM
The Dude and GuyOnTilt have made a $500 bet on who can play the longest continual session. It will begin on Monday, January 31 at noon. The rules are as follows:

- Any stake and any number of tables may be played
- A 10 min break will be allowed every 3 hours, on the hour.
- A victory will be declared by either (a) one player surrendering, or (b) one player misses his blind on his last active table. (In essence, if a player is playing 2 tables and dozes off for a minute and misses the blinds at one of his tables but not the other, he is fine. But if he's playing only 1 table or misses the blind at all his tables, then he loses.)
- All substances (natural and artificial) and methods used to stay awake are allowed.

The Dude is currently accepting bets from anyone interested in putting money on GoT, and he's willing to give substantial odds.

Chris Daddy Cool
01-16-2005, 05:53 AM
is this in any way related to bison's all day challange?

and are you allowed to switch the number of tables you feel like playing at any given moment, i.e. play 6 tables for 2 hours and then play 2 tables while watching a dvd for another 2 hours? or is it you decide to play an x amount of tables and you have to stick with it?

from what i read GoT is lazy about playing, but who knows with money and pride on the line...

The Dude
01-16-2005, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and are you allowed to switch the number of tables you feel like playing at any given moment?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, for much I the time I plan to be 'working.' However, 36 hours into the session I can't imagine I'll want to be playing anything that requires me to think.

[ QUOTE ]
from what i read GoT is lazy about playing, but who knows with money and pride on the line...

[/ QUOTE ]
He is lazy about logging hours (his idea of a good workweek is 25 hours), but his pride is likely to motivate him. Either way, he was confident enough to lay down $500 even money. Like I said, I'm willing to lay down substantial odds.

Tosh
01-16-2005, 06:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He is lazy about logging hours (his idea of a good workweek is 25 hours),

[/ QUOTE ]

25 hours is a monster work week.

[ QUOTE ]
but his pride is likely to motivate him. Either way, he was confident enough to lay down $500 even money. Like I said, I'm willing to lay down substantial odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either way I want to know what odds you will offer on GoT?

The Dude
01-16-2005, 06:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I want to know what odds you will offer on GoT?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, if the wager is under, say, $50 I'd be willing to give 2-1 or so. If the wager is higher, I'd be more motivated to win the contest, and therefore should be expected to offer better odds. The larger the stake, the greater odds I'm willing to give.

Note: Those of you who know GoT or I know that we wouldn't pull the "let's get 'em to put money on me, then I'll dump it" line. I am, however, okay with anybody wanting to offer GoT a piece of the money they make from me. After all, if somebody gets 4-1 or better odds there should be enough gravy in there for a kickback, right?

theredwave
01-16-2005, 07:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A 10 min break will be allowed every 3 hours, on the hour

[/ QUOTE ]
Pussies /images/graemlins/smirk.gif
I can take 10-minute naps every 3 hours and be good for an entire day or two. Also, you should set up a fixed amount of tables needed, since this is a heads up competition it wouldn't be fair for one person to play two tables and another to be playing six. Maybe you could base the challenge off of table hours instead. Basically your version of the ADHOC challenge heads up is flawed. Of course if you are doing this for pride you should stick to the original ADHOC rules and whichever one of you lasted, or played more tables would be the winner.

The Dude
01-16-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can take 10-minute naps every 3 hours and be good for an entire day or two.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm expecting this to go longer than 48 hours - unless GoT surrenders before then, ouf course. Besides, a guy's gotta pee every now and then.

[ QUOTE ]
it wouldn't be fair for one person to play two tables and another to be playing six.

[/ QUOTE ]
How is it not fair to the person who plays six tables if he chooses to play six? The minimum is one, anything mroe than that is that person's choice.

SomethingClever
01-16-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How is it not fair to the person who plays six tables if he chooses to play six? The minimum is one, anything mroe than that is that person's choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's more painful to play fewer tables anyway, IMO.

1 table for even an hour would be torture.

theredwave
01-16-2005, 05:13 PM
Not at the end of a 36 hour session. Anyway I'm interested in seeing how it goes. I would have to say I doubt it will last anymore than 36 hours, if you surpass that though well done.

IggyWH
01-16-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm expecting this to go longer than 48 hours - unless GoT surrenders before then, ouf course. Besides, a guy's gotta pee every now and then.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what if you take your piss break within your 3 hour window but then that burrito that you ate out the microwave comes back to haunt you and you gotta drop a bomb? Are you willing to [censored] yourself to win this?

rusty JEDI
01-16-2005, 05:43 PM
I assume you are playing together in the same room.

Is one or both of you on a laptop? That would be a large advantage.

rJ

The Dude
01-16-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I doubt it will last anymore than 36 hours

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you willing to back that up?

The Dude
01-16-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is one or both of you on a laptop?

[/ QUOTE ]
We both work on our desktops, and our desks are right next to each other. I, however, own a laptop and we have wireless internet, which gives me an advantage. He does know several people with laptops, and I'm sure he can borrow one for the duration of the bet. Any advantage I gain from this would be a result of his poor planning.

Oski
01-16-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is one or both of you on a laptop?

[/ QUOTE ]
We both work on our desktops, and our desks are right next to each other. I, however, own a laptop and we have wireless internet, which gives me an advantage. He does know several people with laptops, and I'm sure he can borrow one for the duration of the bet. Any advantage I gain from this would be a result of his poor planning.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be hesitant to lend somebody my laptop so that they could play poker while taking a dump.

theredwave
01-16-2005, 07:42 PM
Sure, I'll put $10 on it.

Tosh
01-16-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? Whats your drug of choice then?

The Dude
01-16-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whats your drug of choice then?

[/ QUOTE ]
Red Bull. They sell it by the case at Costco.

The Dude
01-16-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sure, I'll put $10 on it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Done.

Tosh
01-16-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Red Bull. They sell it by the case at Costco.

[/ QUOTE ]

RED BULL GIVES YOU WINGS!!!

Not actually true. Red bull gives you a ringing sound in your head and dreams about things that would get you committed.

PS How long are you sleeping for afterwards? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Schneids
01-16-2005, 08:17 PM
Dude is there any way money can be put on you? I cannot imagine any scenario short of GoT hiring an assassin to take you down where GoT can possibly beat you in this.

ThaSaltCracka
01-16-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude is there any way money can be put on you? I cannot imagine any scenario short of GoT hiring an assassin to take you down where GoT can possibly beat you in this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lazymeatball
01-16-2005, 09:35 PM
Are there any stipulations regarding tables breaking, or is each player responsible for having another table up and running before there last table breaks? Just something you should iron out beforehand.

Other notes:
Is ruining a good part of your week/life with a crystal meth binge worth winning this challenge?

You should think about getting a couple coaches in your corner (ala boxing) to assist you with staying comfortable and alert.

Plan out quick and easy to eat food ahead of time.

Bring your tan Pokerstars hat out of the closet.

The Dude
01-16-2005, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Damnit Schneids, what's wrong with you? You were supposed to come on here, talk like I had no chance, and pretend to put money on GoT, remember? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

The Dude
01-16-2005, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are there any stipulations regarding tables breaking, or is each player responsible for having another table up and running before there last table breaks

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, there are stipulations. Each person must be aware enough to make sure they have one active table at all times. If that person chooses to play only one table, that's a risk they run.

[ QUOTE ]
Is ruining a good part of your week/life with a crystal meth binge worth winning this challenge?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. This is, in fact, one bet in a best-of-seven series that has a lot of bragging rights at stake, not to mention a couple of thousand $$.

IggyWH
01-16-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are there any stipulations regarding tables breaking, or is each player responsible for having another table up and running before there last table breaks

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, there are stipulations. Each person must be aware enough to make sure they have one active table at all times. If that person chooses to play only one table, that's a risk they run.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what would stop one from using earphones and pumping up the volume all the way. That way if you doze off, that annoying Party beeping noise when it's your turn would wake you up. You then again doze off until that noise wakes you up again.

Also, let me add it seems like there's a lot more than just $ on the line... it seems like there's a lot of pride in this wager. What would stop one from lying? You should do a live cam of each others screen /images/graemlins/smile.gif

cnfuzzd
01-16-2005, 10:23 PM
they would probably be able to figure out one was cheating when he was no longer in the room...

peace

john nickle

IggyWH
01-16-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
they would probably be able to figure out one was cheating when he was no longer in the room...

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

What's stopping Dude from taking his laptop to the can to drop the kids off at the pool. While he's there, he crawls into the tub and takes a quick nap.

Or what stops GoT from taking a quick nap when Dude goes to drop some bombs on Baghdad?

Sponger15SB
01-16-2005, 10:42 PM
Given what I know about both of you guys from this forum and NLsoldier

I'd say the dude wins this one, and it isn't even close.

Sponger15SB
01-16-2005, 10:47 PM
A better bet would be for somebody to set and over/under on the ammount of hours you will go.

The Dude
01-16-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's stopping Dude from taking his laptop to the can to drop the kids off at the pool. While he's there, he crawls into the tub and takes a quick nap.

Or what stops GoT from taking a quick nap when Dude goes to drop some bombs on Baghdad?

[/ QUOTE ]
We are both strong sleepers. A quick "nap" would turn into a good night's sleep, regardless of how loud we set the beep to be.

We are each able to see each others' screens if we turn in our chairs, so we are able to catch the other. Also, we don't cheat.

The Dude
01-16-2005, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A better bet would be for somebody to set and over/under on the ammount of hours you will go.

[/ QUOTE ]
If there's enough money involved to motivate me to keep going after I beat GoT, I might be willing to entertain bets in the range of 72 hours.

CrazyEyez
01-16-2005, 11:09 PM
I'm intrigued by this. Are you permitted to have personal valets to fetch you food or any other supplies?
Also, what type of food and supplies do you intend to have on hand? CDs, DVDs, mini-fridge...???

The Dude
01-16-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you permitted to have personal valets to fetch you food or any other supplies?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, what type of food and supplies do you intend to have on hand? CDs, DVDs, mini-fridge...???

[/ QUOTE ]
I will have a case of red bull at my desk, as well as an arrangement of fruit, pringles, and other snacks I might need. Our mini-fridge is adjacent to my desk, so refreshments are a reach away. I don't need any CDs, since I have my full library (that I care about) ripped into iTunes. We have a DVD player and TV in our office, and I plan on having the remote control at my desk (although we both have the option of watching a DVD on our respective 2nd monitors).

I will also be doing other things while I play, since it takes very little of my attention to 2-table. And since I have dual-monitors I can easily browse the net, play other games, or write my next essay while I play. I will also have some books (probably one fiction and one non-fiction) at my desk, in case I feel like reading.

ThaSaltCracka
01-16-2005, 11:35 PM
Dude, I want to bet on you man. You seem more intense and energetic than GoT, so my money would be on you.

fnord_too
01-16-2005, 11:38 PM
Dude, whose idea was this? This sounds like another one of your elaborate plans to get more bills won from 2+2'ers to paper your wall with.

The Dude
01-16-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You seem more intense and energetic than GoT, so my money would be on you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do I need to log on to GoT's computer and make some trash-talking posts, so that you guys will bet the way I want you to?

The Dude
01-16-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This sounds like another one of your elaborate plans to get more bills won from 2+2'ers to paper your wall with.

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, I'm glad you remember that. That's only $1 bills, though, there's $1k at stake on this one. Besides, I already have a GoT dollar on my wall - it's the centerpiece. I had it laminated.

Schneids
01-16-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Besides, I already have a GoT dollar on my wall - it's the centerpiece. I had it laminated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought my bill would be the centerpiece. It definitely deserves to be...

ethan
01-16-2005, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is, in fact, one bet in a best-of-seven series that has a lot of bragging rights at stake, not to mention a couple of thousand $$.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are the other six?

thatpfunk
01-17-2005, 12:51 AM
I hate to bet against you Dude, but 72 hours is very hard. I'll take that.

LondonBroil
01-17-2005, 03:10 AM
What happens if one of your computers freezes and you have to reboot, or if the power goes out?

rusty JEDI
01-17-2005, 03:21 AM
A few more thoughts.

Seeing its best of 7. I would like to see an event where neither of you have any experience in it.

For example. Imagine neither of you had played tetris. It could be the first person to hit 200 lines.
or
You get a week to train for the event and then over a set period of time who ever gets the highest score wins.

Im thinking games like tetris and minesweeper would be good here.

Is GoT the "Do you has" guy?

My money for round one is GoT. He is getting no respect so he will step up because he has more to prove. Also, because the dude knows (thinks he knows anyway) that GoT is no match for him in a best of 7 and can give up an early loss without worry.

rJ

The Dude
01-17-2005, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate to bet against you Dude, but 72 hours is very hard. I'll take that.

[/ QUOTE ]
What's the maximum you're willing to put on it?

Sponger15SB
01-17-2005, 04:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What happens if one of your computers freezes and you have to reboot, or if the power goes out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I PMed the dude and told him that if GoT leaves the room really fast that he should check the "sit out" buttons on all his tables, but then I re-PMed him and told him just to cut the power cord to GoT's computer.

I'm sure they've got something in place for all of this.

The Dude
01-17-2005, 05:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Seeing its best of 7. I would like to see an event where neither of you have any experience in it.... For example... tetris... minesweeper...

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, we keep ourselves open to these ideas, although I'm sure I'd beat him in Minesweeper and I know I'd kill him in Tetris.

Pretty much anything directly competitive is fair game, and the lower the luck factor the better.

Right now we're 1-1, with this stamina challenge being the 3rd bet. (I won on an answer to a logic problem, where we each were adamant about the answer, and he won a best of 29 series of poker matches.)

theBruiser500
01-17-2005, 05:03 AM
I think you definitly need to make a minimum stake for the tables you play at, it will add a lot of weight and substance to this bet.

The Dude
01-17-2005, 05:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you definitly need to make a minimum stake for the tables you play at

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, no Party tables lower than .5/1

GuyOnTilt
01-17-2005, 05:11 AM
Yeah, so for all of you who are rooting for me:

I agreed this bet like, 9 months ago. The terms were, longest single session starting at the same time for $500. Honestly, I don't even feel like doing this at all. I'm not gonna back out obviously since I said I'd do it and I'm too much of a man to "pull a Clark" so I'll be ponying up the dough. The date's set for January 31, I think. My feeling on the matter right now is that I'll probably just put up a larger than normal session - maybe 8 hours or so - and call it a day. My odds of winning this if I give it my all are pretty slim, and the physical pain and risk of burning myself out for several days aren't really worth my equity in this bet. Even if my equity was super high, I don't think it'd be worth it. The only thing that might sway me to actually try to win is giving him a point in our best of 7 series. But honestly, I don't really care about this much at all. Like, at all at all.

So even though The Dude is trying his best to hype this up and make it some cool and competitive event, don't buy in.

GoT

GuyOnTilt
01-17-2005, 05:12 AM
Is GoT the "Do you has" guy?

Hahahaha! That you remember that kicks ass! Fun times.

GoT

Ulysses
01-17-2005, 05:17 AM
Weak.

GuyOnTilt
01-17-2005, 05:19 AM
Weak.

If you are referring to my reference of Clark, I agree.

GoT

thatpfunk
01-17-2005, 05:46 AM
I'll go $72 for 72 hours? Good luck.

Tosh
01-17-2005, 06:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Weak.

If you are referring to my reference of Clark, I agree.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact you've basically given up before starting is week. Stop being so boring and go ahead and ruin your health for a bit. The Dude isn't scared, I just guess he's got more game than you.

sfer
01-17-2005, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Weak

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. What's the point of being young unless you do self destructive things to fuel your sense of invincibility.

GoT probably doesn't do drugs either. Meh.

Rushmore
01-17-2005, 12:35 PM
They Shoot Grinders, Don't They?

NLSoldier
01-17-2005, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I agreed this bet like, 9 months ago. The terms were, longest single session starting at the same time for $500. Honestly, I don't even feel like doing this at all. I'm not gonna back out obviously since I said I'd do it and I'm too much of a man to "pull a Clark" so I'll be ponying up the dough. The date's set for January 31, I think. My feeling on the matter right now is that I'll probably just put up a larger than normal session - maybe 8 hours or so - and call it a day. My odds of winning this if I give it my all are pretty slim, and the physical pain and risk of burning myself out for several days aren't really worth my equity in this bet. Even if my equity was super high, I don't think it'd be worth it. The only thing that might sway me to actually try to win is giving him a point in our best of 7 series. But honestly, I don't really care about this much at all. Like, at all at all.

So even though The Dude is trying his best to hype this up and make it some cool and competitive event, don't buy in.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

This is [censored] pathetic.

BOOOOOO

ThaSaltCracka
01-17-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]
you are such a little bitch ass pussy.

The Dude
01-17-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Weak.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The fact you've basically given up before starting is week.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is [censored] pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
you are such a little bi[/i]tch ass pussy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you.

The Stranger
01-17-2005, 04:03 PM
I like your style, Dude.

Tosh
01-17-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The fact you've basically given up before starting is week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooops, my early morning typo is very weak. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

The Dude
01-17-2005, 04:12 PM
The Dude abides.

The Stranger
01-17-2005, 04:16 PM
But do you have to use so many swear words?

Alobar
01-17-2005, 04:17 PM
man, I was all set to actually get into this, even tho I know the dude would crush you, I was hoping for like live updates, and I was even going to play along with you guys and try to outlast the both of you, even if I couldnt get in on the $$ action.

Then you come along and tell everyone what a quiter you are /images/graemlins/frown.gif I think you should give it your all 1) because have you no pride man!?!??!!? The dude is your friend and roomate, i've done a hell of a lot worse than stay up for days on end, just to win honor in bets among my friends. 2) everyone on this board thinks you are a weak pussy, do it to shut them up forever!!

have you no shame??

The Dude
01-17-2005, 04:20 PM
The [censored] are you talking about?

The Dude
01-17-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
have you no pride man!?!??!!?

[/ QUOTE ]
What he lacks in pride he makes up for in shame.

Alobar
01-17-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
have you no pride man!?!??!!?

[/ QUOTE ]
What he lacks in pride he makes up for in shame.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry you have such weak friends man, if I was up there, I'd give you a run for your money, or die trying, like any real man would! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Shajen
01-27-2005, 03:43 PM
bumpizzle.

TylerD
01-31-2005, 10:46 AM
Is this still on?

GuyOnTilt
01-31-2005, 10:52 AM
Is this still on?

It starts at noon PST today. Fortunately he was nice enough to remind me last night around 9pm. I was planning on staying out all night for the 5th night in a row. My sleep schedule is so messed up right now, I don't know how I'm going to be able to even compete in this thing. I woke up at like 4pm yesterday when a friend came over, so when I tried to go to sleep last night at 1am, I could only sleep for 2 hours and now I'm up. I'm screwed. Is this even worth attempting?

GoT

fnord_too
01-31-2005, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this still on?

It starts at noon PST today. Fortunately he was nice enough to remind me last night around 9pm. I was planning on staying out all night for the 5th night in a row. My sleep schedule is so messed up right now, I don't know how I'm going to be able to even compete in this thing. I woke up at like 4pm yesterday when a friend came over, so when I tried to go to sleep last night at 1am, I could only sleep for 2 hours and now I'm up. I'm screwed. Is this even worth attempting?

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Such a defeatist attitude. You should at leat put in the weak 8 hour effort you said you would earlier in the thread.

bisonbison vs. the dude, now that would be a cool stamina test!

DMBFan23
01-31-2005, 11:01 AM
every time The Dude hypes up a challenge and GoT announces he doesn't care, God kills a kitten.

TylerD
01-31-2005, 11:03 AM
I think its a devious ploy to lure The Dude into a false sense of security.

Klepton
01-31-2005, 11:21 AM
i think we all know that this challenge will probably fizzle out by hour 7... but for what it's worth

my money is on The Dude

GuyOnTilt
01-31-2005, 03:46 PM

It seems to be working. We're under 15 minutes till the start of this thing and The Dude is still asleep. A win by forfeit would be just fine with me! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

GoT

Tosh
01-31-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It seems to be working. We're under 15 minutes till the start of this thing and The Dude is still asleep. A win by forfeit would be just fine with me! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Wake him up you pussy. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

GuyOnTilt
01-31-2005, 03:57 PM
Wake him up you pussy.

Not a chance. T-minus 3 minutes and counting...

GoT

fnord_too
01-31-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wake him up you pussy.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

After he was kind enough to remind you? Not very classy.

Tosh
01-31-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wake him up you pussy.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

InchoateHand
01-31-2005, 04:00 PM
A cup of coffee is as effective.

I recommend smoking a lot of glass. It helps your concentration, for the first five minutes or so.

GuyOnTilt
01-31-2005, 04:01 PM

He was the one who was sooo excited and pumped about doing this. I've got my tables up and running and will give him a one orbit grace period. After that, he's definitely "missed a blind" during the time span of the competition and I will claim victory. This is all assuming he doesn't make it up here in the next 12 seconds...

GoT

fnord_too
01-31-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

He was the one who was sooo excited and pumped about doing this. I've got my tables up and running and will give him a one orbit grace period. After that, he's definitely "missed a blind" during the time span of the competition and I will claim victory. This is all assuming he doesn't make it up here in the next 12 seconds...

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

He also reminded you at 9pm last night instead of 12:30 pm today....

stabn
01-31-2005, 04:03 PM
All's fair in...

gg for the dude i guess.

stabn
01-31-2005, 04:04 PM
Doesn't matter. Dude sleeps in the dude loses. They both knew the rules.

fnord_too
01-31-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't matter. Dude sleeps in the dude loses. They both knew the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said it was against the rules, I was just bustin his balls for taking the cheap way out.

Certainly, the dude blew it knowing full well what the deal was. I wonder if he will try to weasel out on a technicality.

Alobar
01-31-2005, 04:08 PM
weeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaak!!

I dunno if I've lost respect for you for being a pussy, or gained respect for you for doing what it takes (and the only way you really have a shot) to score the win.

IndieMatty
01-31-2005, 04:08 PM
I never read this thread before, but when I read "stamnia" and knew the kids involved, I thought it was going to be which one of them would "last" longer.

-m

GuyOnTilt
01-31-2005, 04:16 PM
I wonder if he will try to weasel out on a technicality.

Worse. He comes up here 9 minutes late and starts talking like he should somehow be entitled to the extra sleep.

GoT

elwoodblues
01-31-2005, 04:21 PM
Well played! I doubt anyone thought it would end that way. Very funny.

Who put money on this one on the side?

Tosh
01-31-2005, 04:40 PM
Well I would have woken him up but I think its pretty funny how he overslept. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif It was the WWF ending.

meep_42
01-31-2005, 04:54 PM
Nice win.

-d

ThaSaltCracka
01-31-2005, 04:59 PM
this is the gayest ending ever. [censored] you guys.

stabn
01-31-2005, 05:08 PM
lol.

ThaSaltCracka
01-31-2005, 05:14 PM
seriously though, GoT, you pussed out so hardcore, I am ashamed to have met you.

This is putting me on life tilt. [censored] ers

tolbiny
01-31-2005, 05:17 PM
"I've got my tables up and running and will give him a one orbit grace period. After that, he's definitely "missed a blind" during the time span of the competition and I will claim victory"

You sat a shorthanded table didn't you?

GuyOnTilt
01-31-2005, 05:19 PM
This is putting me on life tilt.

Hahaha! This thing isn't over actually. I said I'd give him an orbit of leeway and he made it with 2 hands to spare. We're going as we speak.

GoT

ThaSaltCracka
01-31-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hahaha! This thing isn't over actually. I said I'd give him an orbit of leeway and he made it with 2 hands to spare. We're going as we speak.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]Thank you GoT you just turned my frown upside down.

fnord_too
01-31-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

And why hasn't the dude posted an update???? Slap the back of his head and call him a slacker for me.

theredwave
01-31-2005, 05:58 PM
Is this still going? If it is update needed.

stabn
01-31-2005, 06:14 PM
Got's update at 4:19 was plenty. It's not like they can update every hour if they want to make any money during this challenge.

razor
01-31-2005, 06:32 PM
I think it's hilarious... I'm disappointed the Dud made it to the tables.

GuyOnTilt
01-31-2005, 06:36 PM
I'm disappointed the Dud made it to the tables.

I think that nick should be used more often. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I think I'm probably just going to play 4 table of 15/30 the whole time for this thing. Basically requires no mental energy. Between clicks I'll be perusing the boards, IM'ing, watching DVD's on my other monitor, or leisurely things like that. I think the Dud is playing 8 tables of 3/6.

GoT

The once and future king
01-31-2005, 06:37 PM
How can you chow GOT out when the dude who bigged up this whole contest was so imcompetent in the persuit of his challenge duties he didnt even get out of bed in time.

VBM
01-31-2005, 06:37 PM
are there any wagers here? i'd hate to go against GoT b/c he wrote a KFC haiku for one of my threads, but w/ the extra rest, i think The Dude has an unfair edge...

theredwave
01-31-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I'm probably just going to play 4 table of 15/30 the whole time for this thing. Basically requires no mental energy. Between clicks I'll be perusing the boards, IM'ing, watching DVD's on my other monitor, or leisurely things like that. I think the Dud is playing 8 tables of 3/6.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty much all I was looking for, number of tables and the stakes. Of course I don't expect them to drop in here every hour to say how there doing as that's pretty pointless.

citanul
01-31-2005, 07:02 PM
are either of their nicks public?

BusterStacks
01-31-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tosh
01-31-2005, 07:31 PM
I know The Dude's isn't and I am pretty sure GoT's is private too.

GuyOnTilt
01-31-2005, 07:32 PM

The one I'm playing on is not. I'm pretty sure his isn't either.

GoT

Jack of Arcades
01-31-2005, 07:33 PM
Same, that would've been the worst ending ever. I like it.

MarkL444
01-31-2005, 07:58 PM
this is SUCH a good idea. i cant say i would be 8 tabling though, maybe 6. dont want to wear out too fast.

The Dude
01-31-2005, 10:14 PM
Just to give you guys an update.

I decided to 8-table 3-6 for the duration of this challenge, since that requires no mental energy from me. So far in 6 hours, I'm up 212 BBs.

As per GoT's dick move, I'm disappointed in him. I would not have fought it had I woken up at 2pm and he insisted that he won, but I would have been mad at him. Had I decided to take the same attitude he did, he would have been out until 5 or 6 am, come home and slept until 4pm. He knows he would not have remembered had I not reminded him, and decided to be a weasel anyway. Disappointing.

A special thanks to NL Soldier for calling me and waking me up. You rock.

wuwei
02-01-2005, 12:15 AM
So... how are things going? We need an update. Just how tired is GoT looking at this point? What's the o/u on hours left till completion?

GuyOnTilt
02-01-2005, 12:19 AM
I'm so freaking sleepy. I wish I had got more than 2 hours of sleep last night...

GoT

The Dude
02-01-2005, 12:59 AM
I'll agree to a 2 hour break if we add $50 to the stake.

B Dids
02-01-2005, 01:06 AM
This whole operation is so softbatch.

GuyOnTilt
02-01-2005, 01:06 AM
I'll agree to a 2 hour break if we add $50 to the stake.

Um, yeah. Since I plan on quitting in a couple hours anyway, probably not.

GoT

The Dude
02-01-2005, 01:11 AM
Apparantly, GoT's a slowroller. I intercepted this message from a private chat GoT was involved in.
[ QUOTE ]
<GoT> he'll burn out after a while if he keeps at it

[/ QUOTE ]
I've decided to 8-table for the entire duration. If GoT wants to 1-table that's fine with me. I'll still kick his as[/i]s.

theredwave
02-01-2005, 01:39 AM
You're already asking for a 2 hour break not even half a day into the challenge? That's weak dude, real weak.

The Dude
02-01-2005, 01:46 AM
Yeah, ummm. Nice job completely misinterpreting what I said.

sfer
02-01-2005, 02:05 AM
I don't sense that much antagonism and bitterness between you two about this. It's going to be pretty mediocre make-up sex when this is over.

BusterStacks
02-01-2005, 02:14 AM
awesome.

theredwave
02-01-2005, 02:19 AM
Forgive my ignorance. I misread and thought you both were taking the break, now that I re-read it I realize you are offering GoT 2 hours break for $50 added to the pool.

NLSoldier
02-01-2005, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't sense that much antagonism and bitterness between you two about this. It's going to be pretty mediocre make-up sex when this is over.

[/ QUOTE ]
POTD

GuyOnTilt
02-01-2005, 04:10 AM
It's midnight now and I've gone for 12 hours. I think I'm ready to call it quits. I've been dead tired for the last 6 hours now. I'm miserable and don't feel like doing this anymore. I think my poker game would suffer pretty badly if I continued too. So yeah, 12 hours, 45 table hours, $3,300'ish. I'm going to sleep.

GoT

NLSoldier
02-01-2005, 04:11 AM
BOOOOOOOOO

The Dude
02-01-2005, 04:15 AM
send it.

The Dude
02-01-2005, 04:24 AM
I am very disappointed with the result of the second half of my session thus far. I've only managed to get up to 270 BBs (from the 225ish I was at 1/2 way). I'm going to keep 8-tabling for awhile to see if I can have my first ever 300 BB day.

Michael Davis
02-01-2005, 04:25 AM
Wow, that's unreal. Congrats.

-Michael

Catch of the Day
02-01-2005, 05:28 AM
Um...

You had a 300 BB day the other day at 3/6.I distinctly remember this cause I had just hosed BTAL at caps and then me and him coerced you into quitting cause you had just hit the mark...

or was that 200bb?

[censored] I dont remeber...I was drunk

Catch-

The Dude
02-01-2005, 05:30 AM
Yeah, that was a 200 BB day - which is what this one turned out to be. I finished on a drastic downswing, leaving me up $1204, for barely a 200 BB day. Meh, I suppose if you add the $500 I just took from GoT, that puts me damn near 400 BBs. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I finished with barely over 5,000 hands for the day, after 13.25 hours.

Edited to reflect the correct number of hours I played.

BusterStacks
02-01-2005, 05:34 AM
how long do you think you could have gone?

The Dude
02-01-2005, 05:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how long do you think you could have gone?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's hard to say with these kinds of things, but I really don't feel tired or physically worn out at all. I got up basically right at noon, so I've only been up for 11.5 hours. If the gym were open right now I'd go work out.

I never this whole time felt the need to hit caffeine or Red Bull or anything like that, nor did I start to feel the need to step down the number of tables I was playing. I think I could have gone another 8 or 9 hours before it even started to get hard, but I'm just guessing. If GoT were taking this seriously, and there was ego at stake, then I really do think I could have gone over 48 hours, but I really can't be sure - it's all conjecture.

Wanna make a new marathon session bet? We can start right now. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BusterStacks
02-01-2005, 05:40 AM
I'm seriously considering it. Are you willing to lay odds?

The Dude
02-01-2005, 05:46 AM
First of all, how much money are you willing to put down? It's going to have to be several hundy.

BusterStacks
02-01-2005, 06:18 AM
yea I realize. You suggest some terms.

The Dude
02-01-2005, 06:23 AM
$500 same terms GoT and I had. We'll have to be on Party skins so we can monitor each other. There will be a lot on the honor system here, but I would tend to trust you.

Off the top of my head, I'd say even money, but I'd like to know how long you've been up and how much sleep you got last night.

Sponger15SB
02-01-2005, 06:28 AM
$5 says this won't happen between you guys!

The Dude
02-01-2005, 06:34 AM
What won't happen?

BusterStacks
02-01-2005, 06:51 AM
Im wouldnt do it tonight anyway, I have [censored] I gotta do tomorrow afternoon. I'd put up 500$ for 2-to-1 odds, otherwise I dunno if it would be worth staying up for days.